Vietnamese Spring Vegetables Soft Rolls
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 6, 2015
This is the ultimate summer appetiser! Full of crunch and freshness and oh so good for you. You can take it in boxes to the beach and you’ll find your kids and friends dipping it in the delicious sauce and eating it up before you know it. A must try! Worth every fold.
- 8 rice paper - ورق الأرز
- 1 yellow pepper (seeded & thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1 red pepper (seeded & thinly sliced) - فلفل أحمر
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (leaves) - كابوتشا
- carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1 avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 cup red cabbage (thinly shredded) - كرنب أحمر
- 2 tablespoon mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 2 tablespoon basil (chopped) - ريحان
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (chopped) - كزبرة
- 2 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon water (add more if needed to desired consistency) - ماء
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (OR sweet chili sauce - optional) - شراب القيقب
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients to combine. Add additional water if the sauce is too thick. Set aside.
- Working one at a time, soak the rice paper rolls in warm water until flexible (about half a minute).
- Lay the roll on a clean surface. About 1cm from the edge, stack a quarter of the red pepper, yellow pepper, shredded carrot & cabbage.
- Add 2 leaves of lettuce, an avocado strip and herbs. Roll, tucking in the edges as you go.
- Gently slice each roll in half and serve with tahini sauce on the side.
Paleo Chocolate Mousse
Paleo cooking refrains from processed sugars and gluten but doesn't compromise on good taste. This...
Colorful Tuna & Quinoa Salad
A colourful tuna & Quinoa salad packed with vitamins and healthy protein. Place it in a packed...
Simple Chicken Curry
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]