Vietnamese Spring Vegetables Soft Rolls
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 6, 2015
This is the ultimate summer appetiser! Full of crunch and freshness and oh so good for you. You can take it in boxes to the beach and you’ll find your kids and friends dipping it in the delicious sauce and eating it up before you know it. A must try! Worth every fold.
- 8 rice paper - ورق الأرز
- 1 yellow pepper (seeded & thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1 red pepper (seeded & thinly sliced) - فلفل أحمر
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (leaves) - كابوتشا
- carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1 avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 cup red cabbage (thinly shredded) - كرنب أحمر
- 2 tablespoon mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 2 tablespoon basil (chopped) - ريحان
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (chopped) - كزبرة
- 2 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon water (add more if needed to desired consistency) - ماء
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (OR sweet chili sauce - optional) - شراب القيقب
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients to combine. Add additional water if the sauce is too thick. Set aside.
- Working one at a time, soak the rice paper rolls in warm water until flexible (about half a minute).
- Lay the roll on a clean surface. About 1cm from the edge, stack a quarter of the red pepper, yellow pepper, shredded carrot & cabbage.
- Add 2 leaves of lettuce, an avocado strip and herbs. Roll, tucking in the edges as you go.
- Gently slice each roll in half and serve with tahini sauce on the side.
Raw Chocolate Whoopies with Banana Coconut Filling
It's nice to find a kids chocolate recipe that is sugar-free and that they would enjoy. These...
Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
Photo Credit: Yehia ElAlaily The Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup can be garnished with shrimps on...
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]