Vietnamese Spring Vegetables Soft Rolls
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 6, 2015
This is the ultimate summer appetiser! Full of crunch and freshness and oh so good for you. You can take it in boxes to the beach and you’ll find your kids and friends dipping it in the delicious sauce and eating it up before you know it. A must try! Worth every fold.
- 8 rice paper - ورق الأرز
- 1 yellow pepper (seeded & thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1 red pepper (seeded & thinly sliced) - فلفل أحمر
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (leaves) - كابوتشا
- carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1 avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 cup red cabbage (thinly shredded) - كرنب أحمر
- 2 tablespoon mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 2 tablespoon basil (chopped) - ريحان
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (chopped) - كزبرة
- 2 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon water (add more if needed to desired consistency) - ماء
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (OR sweet chili sauce - optional) - شراب القيقب
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients to combine. Add additional water if the sauce is too thick. Set aside.
- Working one at a time, soak the rice paper rolls in warm water until flexible (about half a minute).
- Lay the roll on a clean surface. About 1cm from the edge, stack a quarter of the red pepper, yellow pepper, shredded carrot & cabbage.
- Add 2 leaves of lettuce, an avocado strip and herbs. Roll, tucking in the edges as you go.
- Gently slice each roll in half and serve with tahini sauce on the side.
Thai Shrimp Curry
Easy, exotic, and heavenly... Cook this dish to wow your guests or to treat your loved ones with...
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious...
Bolognese Sauce with Hidden Veggies
A relatively long list of ingredients, but it guarantees one wholesome meal for your family. It is...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]