Vietnamese Spring Vegetables Soft Rolls
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 6, 2015
This is the ultimate summer appetiser! Full of crunch and freshness and oh so good for you. You can take it in boxes to the beach and you’ll find your kids and friends dipping it in the delicious sauce and eating it up before you know it. A must try! Worth every fold.
- 8 rice paper - ورق الأرز
- 1 yellow pepper (seeded & thinly sliced) - فلفل أصفر
- 1 red pepper (seeded & thinly sliced) - فلفل أحمر
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce (leaves) - كابوتشا
- carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1 avocado - أفوكادو
- 1 cup red cabbage (thinly shredded) - كرنب أحمر
- 2 tablespoon mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 2 tablespoon basil (chopped) - ريحان
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (chopped) - كزبرة
- 2 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 1 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon water (add more if needed to desired consistency) - ماء
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (OR sweet chili sauce - optional) - شراب القيقب
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients to combine. Add additional water if the sauce is too thick. Set aside.
- Working one at a time, soak the rice paper rolls in warm water until flexible (about half a minute).
- Lay the roll on a clean surface. About 1cm from the edge, stack a quarter of the red pepper, yellow pepper, shredded carrot & cabbage.
- Add 2 leaves of lettuce, an avocado strip and herbs. Roll, tucking in the edges as you go.
- Gently slice each roll in half and serve with tahini sauce on the side.
Summer Watermelon Salad
This Summer Watermelon Salad is light and refreshing! This is definitely the perfect salad for hot...
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]