Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
By Najla Moussa • January 29, 2019
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This recipe is so easy to prepare yet it is delicious for all family members. With lots of hidden vegetables and greens (we also added a handful of fresh spinach), you will feel good about preparing homemade burgers for the kids. The carrots and onions caramelize while the burgers are cooking producing a subtle sweetness. We added one tablespoon allspice to balance the mind chicken flavors as well as 2 whole baladi eggs instead of 2 large yolks, and it worked wonderfully as well.
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
- 500 gram chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 2 large carrots (grated) - جزر
- 3 small zucchini (grated) - كوسة
- 1 handful coriander (finely chopped) - كزبرة
- 1 large onion (diced) - بصلة
- 2 large garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 large egg yolks - صفار البيض
- 1 tablespoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 tablespoon salt - ملح
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
Step by step
- Mince chicken breasts in a blender.
- Add grated carrot, zucchini, corriander, garlic and salt and pepper to the minced chicken and use your hands to combine.
- Beat egg yolks until smooth then add to chicken-veggie mix.
- Take handfuls of the mix, roll into balls then slightly press down on the top of the ball to turn into the shape of burger patties. Refrigerate for an hour or until next day.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan. Pan-fry patties on medium heat on both sides until cooked through (about 12 minutes).
Spring Vegetable Frittata
When you are bored of the daily cooking, Frittata is the answer. It is an Italian omelette that is...
Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
I don't find Mahshi that interesting for dinner parties, therefore I decided to take the best...
Mahshi Koronb (Stuffed Cabbage) Made Simple
Even though I love cooking and I have a passion for traditional Egyptian food, Mahshi Koronb...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]