Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
By Najla Moussa • January 29, 2019
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This recipe is so easy to prepare yet it is delicious for all family members. With lots of hidden vegetables and greens (we also added a handful of fresh spinach), you will feel good about preparing homemade burgers for the kids. The carrots and onions caramelize while the burgers are cooking producing a subtle sweetness. We added one tablespoon allspice to balance the mind chicken flavors as well as 2 whole baladi eggs instead of 2 large yolks, and it worked wonderfully as well.
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
- 500 gram chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 2 large carrots (grated) - جزر
- 3 small zucchini (grated) - كوسة
- 1 handful coriander (finely chopped) - كزبرة
- 1 large onion (diced) - بصلة
- 2 large garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 large egg yolks - صفار البيض
- 1 tablespoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 tablespoon salt - ملح
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
Step by step
- Mince chicken breasts in a blender.
- Add grated carrot, zucchini, corriander, garlic and salt and pepper to the minced chicken and use your hands to combine.
- Beat egg yolks until smooth then add to chicken-veggie mix.
- Take handfuls of the mix, roll into balls then slightly press down on the top of the ball to turn into the shape of burger patties. Refrigerate for an hour or until next day.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan. Pan-fry patties on medium heat on both sides until cooked through (about 12 minutes).
Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a...
Figs & Goat Cheese Oregano Pie
Fig season is here and can't stop thinking of all the fun recipes we can prepare using figs. It is...
Salmon Ravioli en Papillotes
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Hassle-free and...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]