Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
By Najla Moussa • January 29, 2019
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This recipe is so easy to prepare yet it is delicious for all family members. With lots of hidden vegetables and greens (we also added a handful of fresh spinach), you will feel good about preparing homemade burgers for the kids. The carrots and onions caramelize while the burgers are cooking producing a subtle sweetness. We added one tablespoon allspice to balance the mind chicken flavors as well as 2 whole baladi eggs instead of 2 large yolks, and it worked wonderfully as well.
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
- 500 gram chicken breast - صدور دجاج
- 2 large carrots (grated) - جزر
- 3 small zucchini (grated) - كوسة
- 1 handful coriander (finely chopped) - كزبرة
- 1 large onion (diced) - بصلة
- 2 large garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 large egg yolks - صفار البيض
- 1 tablespoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 tablespoon salt - ملح
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil - زيت جوز الهند
Step by step
- Mince chicken breasts in a blender.
- Add grated carrot, zucchini, corriander, garlic and salt and pepper to the minced chicken and use your hands to combine.
- Beat egg yolks until smooth then add to chicken-veggie mix.
- Take handfuls of the mix, roll into balls then slightly press down on the top of the ball to turn into the shape of burger patties. Refrigerate for an hour or until next day.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan. Pan-fry patties on medium heat on both sides until cooked through (about 12 minutes).
Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes
These Butter & Herb Smashed Potatoes are a joy to prepare and to eat. There is something...
No-Mayo Pasta Salad
Colourful and nutritious, this salad is a joyful meal in a lunch box. With 3 different colours...
Artichoke & Lentil Salad
Full of colour, texture, and flavour, the Artichoke & Lentil Salad is the perfect way to eat...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]