Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
By shahdan • October 2, 2017
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة
- 1 large carrots (grated) - جزر
- 2 medium zucchini (grated) - كوسة
- 2 small garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1 cup yellow lentils - عدس أصفر
- 2 cup water - ماء
- 1 cup coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 2 handful spinach - سبانخ
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot. Sauté sliced onions for about 4 minutes on low heat. Add grated carrots and zucchini and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Add lentils and water, let it come to a boil then lower the heat to medium-low, half cover, and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- When lentils are almost cooked and water reduced, add the coconut milk and let it simmer further until the lentils are soft. This Dahl needs to be a little saucy so you might need to add a little water if needed.
- Turn off the heat, add spinach and cover. Spinach will be wilted from the heat within 2 minutes. Give it a quick stir, adjust salt and pepper if needed. Serve with white rice or brown bread.
Cheesy Steaks with Cream Mushroom Sauce
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. An easy flavorful...
الوصفه بالعربي The traditional homemade Egyptian kofta is just so simple to prepare...
Chicken Livers with Pomegranate Molasses
This chicken liver recipe is delicious and easy to prepare in less than 30 minutes. It works as a...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling the kitchen with the smell lets me think of my grandmother’s house and our family lunches ending with dipping these biscuits in the grown-ups hot teas. Our family calls it ‘our biscotti’ (like the Italian), because it looks and smells like it, yet […]