Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
By shahdan • October 2, 2017
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced) - بصلة
- 1 large carrots (grated) - جزر
- 2 medium zucchini (grated) - كوسة
- 2 small garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1 cup yellow lentils - عدس أصفر
- 2 cup water - ماء
- 1 cup coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 2 handful spinach - سبانخ
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot. Sauté sliced onions for about 4 minutes on low heat. Add grated carrots and zucchini and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Add lentils and water, let it come to a boil then lower the heat to medium-low, half cover, and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- When lentils are almost cooked and water reduced, add the coconut milk and let it simmer further until the lentils are soft. This Dahl needs to be a little saucy so you might need to add a little water if needed.
- Turn off the heat, add spinach and cover. Spinach will be wilted from the heat within 2 minutes. Give it a quick stir, adjust salt and pepper if needed. Serve with white rice or brown bread.
Balsamic glaze is a thick balsamic vinegar reduction that is great for salads, grilled veggies,...
Most Aromatic Chicken Stock
There are lots of ways to preparing a good homemade chicken stock, yet this recipe must be the...
Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE...
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling the kitchen with the smell lets me think of my grandmother’s house and our family lunches ending with dipping these biscuits in the grown-ups hot teas. Our family calls it ‘our biscotti’ (like the Italian), because it looks and smells like it, yet […]
Chicken & Broccoli Filo Pie
The chicken & broccoli filling to this filo pie is so delicious and heartwarming. The cheese melting between the soft broccoli and tender chicken along with the crispiness of the buttered filo provide you with the deliciousness and warmth you expect from a homemade pie! You can prepare it as a round or as a […]
Circkle Crackle Nut Candies
These nut candies are such a yummy, sweet and crunchy dessert in little balls. Nuts, seeds, coconut oil & raw molasses are all immunity-boosting, vitmanin-full and overall nutritious foods, which makes this a great treat for kids and health- and weight-concious adults.