Vegetable Glass Noodles
By shahdan • March 31, 2015
Who wouldn’t like a bowl of Asian Glass noodles with luscious fresh vegetables? It is perfect and easy enough for every day, and always makes a very special dish in big dinner parties. You can add extra vegetables such as flat snow peas, Chinese cabbage, or broccoli, however it is still super yummy with the basic carrot, zucchini, and spring onions.
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 3 medium carrots - جزر
- 3 large zucchini - كوسة
- 5 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 3 large garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 2 cm slice fresh ginger (fresh) - جنزبيل
- 1 pack glass noodles (250 grams) - شعرية صيني شفافة
- 6 tablespoon light soy sauce - صوص الصويا الخفيف
- 3 tablespoon oyster sauce - صوص المحار
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional) - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- Cut your carrots and zucchini, into long strips. I find the mandolin the most amazing kitchen gadget that gives you these thin equal-sized strips without the need for any knife skills. But you can always use your sharp knife.
- Cut the spring onions diagonally into thin strips.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or pan. Stir in the zucchini and carrots and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic cloves (using garlic crusher is the easiest and fastest way), and the grated ginger. If you love the zingy ginger flavor you can always add extra thinly sliced pieces as well, it’ll add an extra dimension to the crunchy veggies.
- Finally add the spring onion, and make sure not to overcook your veggies. This process should not take more than 5 minutes.
- Finally add the soy and oyster sauces and the sesame oil. You may also add thinly sliced red hot chili pepper for extra spice (optional.) Let it simmer for an extra minute and turn off the heat.
- In a separate bowl, soak the glass noodles in hot water (from the kettle) for around 5 minutes until nice and soft, then drain well.
- Toast the sesame seeds by shaking in a pan over medium heat until fragrant and golden (for about 1- 2 minutes).
- Add the soaked glass noodles to your vegetable stir fry and mix gently without breaking the vegetable sticks. Simmer for 2 minutes and serve after sprinkling toasted sesame seeds on top.
Labna & Dukka Baladi Sandwich
Such a simple day to day sandwich. You can have the filling prepared and ready in the fridge for a...
Luscious Tuna Wrap
In this luscious wrap, tuna is made creamy with labna cheese to substitute heavy mayonnaise! Add...
Chicken & Broccoli Filo Pie
The chicken & broccoli filling to this filo pie is so delicious and heartwarming. The cheese...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
20-Minute Oven-Roasted Zucchini
Simple, delicious, and the perfect companion to any protein dish especially fish! With some simple ingredients, the simple zucchini is transferred into a succulent vegan and wholesome side dish in 20 minutes.