Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
By Norhan Tarek • February 16, 2019
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (185g) - دقيق أبيض
- 1/2 cup bread flour (65 gram) or all purpose flour - دقيق الخبز
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda - بيكربونات الصودا
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 teaspoon cloves (ground cloves) - قرنفل
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder - بودرة جنزبيل
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 150 gram candied ginger (optional)
- 100 gram sugar (1/2 cup plus more for coating) - سكر
- 110 gram brown sugar (1/2 cup) - سكر بني
- 135 ml sunflower oil (1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon) - زيت عباد الشمس
- 75 ml water (1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon) - ماء
Step by step
- In a large bowl, mix together all purpose flour, bread flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, candied ginger (if using) and the spices together.
- In another bowl, add sugar, brown sugar, sun flower oil and water then mix with a whisk for a few minutes until all is incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients into the sugar wet mixture and fold with a spatula or a wooden spoon until it is just incorporated. (Don't over mix)
- Cover with a plastic wrap or a plate and rest in the fridge overnight (12 to 24 hours).
- When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 190°C (375°F) and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Take the cookie dough out of the fridge and shape into balls with an ice cream scoop or a spoon (about 50g each)
- Roll the dough balls in some sugar and arrange on the baking sheets leaving a few centimeters between them.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes till the edges are just set.
- Cool in the pan for a few minutes then transfer into a wire rack to cool completely.
Labna & Dukka Baladi Sandwich
Such a simple day to day sandwich. You can have the filling prepared and ready in the fridge for a...
Homemade Warm Cheesecake
A simple recipe for a rich and warm cheesecake for cheesecake lovers. Recipe uploaded by Asmaa...
Salmon Philadelphia Sushi Roll
Always thought sushi is difficult to make but it turned out easy to prepare at home in no time. The...
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.