Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
By shahdan • February 1, 2018
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 2 small garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 2 medium sweet potato (peeled & cubed) - بطاطا
- 4 medium zucchini (sliced) - كوسة
- 2 medium carrots (chopped) - جزر
- 1/2 cup yellow lentils (washed) - عدس أصفر
- 3 cup water (750 ml) - ماء
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml) - لبن جوز الهند
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Heat olive oil and saute onions on low heat until soft (about 5 min). Add garlic and turmeric and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add chopped veggies, lentils and water and raise heat to medium high. When it comes to a boil, lower heat and leave to simmer until lentils are soft and veggies are cooked through (about 25 minutes).
- Add a can of coconut milk and blend the soup until smooth. Return to heat until just warm, Adjust salt and pepper. You may need to add a little extra boiling water (from the kettle) if the soup consistency is too thick. Serve warm.
Fruit & Oats Cinnamon Nibbling Cake
From 12 months. Everyone loves cake. It is comforting, sweet and soft to the taste. Toddlers at...
Balsamic Rosemary Chicken Fillets
الوصفه بالعربي This is the recipe you need for those super busy days. Toss the...
Originally a traditional Russian dish, Beef Stroganoff is always a crowd pleaser! It is easy to...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]