Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
By shahdan • February 1, 2018
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 2 small garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 2 medium sweet potato (peeled & cubed) - بطاطا
- 4 medium zucchini (sliced) - كوسة
- 2 medium carrots (chopped) - جزر
- 1/2 cup yellow lentils (washed) - عدس أصفر
- 3 cup water (750 ml) - ماء
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml) - لبن جوز الهند
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Heat olive oil and saute onions on low heat until soft (about 5 min). Add garlic and turmeric and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add chopped veggies, lentils and water and raise heat to medium high. When it comes to a boil, lower heat and leave to simmer until lentils are soft and veggies are cooked through (about 25 minutes).
- Add a can of coconut milk and blend the soup until smooth. Return to heat until just warm, Adjust salt and pepper. You may need to add a little extra boiling water (from the kettle) if the soup consistency is too thick. Serve warm.
This pan-seared scallops recipe is very easy and simple. Scallops are highly nutritious, full of...
Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty,...
Walnut & Date Cake
Since It is the Eid season after Ramadan, I found everybody is running to do the traditional Eid...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.