Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
By shahdan • February 1, 2018
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 small onion (chopped) - بصلة
- 2 small garlic clove - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 2 medium sweet potato (peeled & cubed) - بطاطا
- 4 medium zucchini (sliced) - كوسة
- 2 medium carrots (chopped) - جزر
- 1/2 cup yellow lentils (washed) - عدس أصفر
- 3 cup water (750 ml) - ماء
- 1 can coconut milk (400 ml) - لبن جوز الهند
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Heat olive oil and saute onions on low heat until soft (about 5 min). Add garlic and turmeric and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add chopped veggies, lentils and water and raise heat to medium high. When it comes to a boil, lower heat and leave to simmer until lentils are soft and veggies are cooked through (about 25 minutes).
- Add a can of coconut milk and blend the soup until smooth. Return to heat until just warm, Adjust salt and pepper. You may need to add a little extra boiling water (from the kettle) if the soup consistency is too thick. Serve warm.
Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas
Super delicious and comforting, this Garlicky Pasta with Cauliflower & Peas is just the right...
Cheesy Steaks with Cream Mushroom Sauce
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. An easy flavorful...
Creamy Two Salmon & Onion Lasagne
This Creamy Two Salmon & Onion Lasagne is known as Lasagnes Aux Deux Saumons in its native,...
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.