Tropical Fruit Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 30, 2016
The tropical fruit salad is not just refreshing on a hot summer day, but it also elevates a simple fruits dish with the addition of coconut milk and some yummy exotic fruits. Such a simple yet impressive dish. Serve it at a brunch or a barbecue, for the kids or to take in your lunchbox.
- 2 kiwi (peeled & sliced) - كيوي
- 2 medium mangoes (peeled & cubed) - مانجو
- 1/2 pineapples (peeled & cubed) - أناناس
- 8 lychee (peeled & sliced) - ليتشي
- 3 tablespoon mint (about 10 leaves) - نعناع
- 1 cup grapes (OPTIONAL) - عنب
- For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 1 lime (zest and juice of 1 lime) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/3 cup passion fruit juice
Step by step
- Place sliced and cubed fruits into a bowl and mix.
- Mix coconut milk with lime zest and juice and passion fruit juice.
- Add the sauce to the fruits and top with the mint leaves.
Crunchy Tuna & Capers Salad
With lots of greens, the tuna and capers salad is so simple yet delicious due to its sweet and...
Roasted Eggplant & Labna Bruschetta
Perfect for brunch and casual gatherings, this roasted eggplant & labna bruschetta is a true...
Roasted Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
When shrimp and avocados come together, the results are usually luscious, impressive and mostly...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]