Tropical Fruit Salad
By Shewekar Elgharably • July 30, 2016
The tropical fruit salad is not just refreshing on a hot summer day, but it also elevates a simple fruits dish with the addition of coconut milk and some yummy exotic fruits. Such a simple yet impressive dish. Serve it at a brunch or a barbecue, for the kids or to take in your lunchbox.
- 2 kiwi (peeled & sliced) - كيوي
- 2 medium mangoes (peeled & cubed) - مانجو
- 1/2 pineapples (peeled & cubed) - أناناس
- 8 lychee (peeled & sliced) - ليتشي
- 3 tablespoon mint (about 10 leaves) - نعناع
- 1 cup grapes (OPTIONAL) - عنب
- For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 1 lime (zest and juice of 1 lime) - ليمون بلدي
- 1/3 cup passion fruit juice
Step by step
- Place sliced and cubed fruits into a bowl and mix.
- Mix coconut milk with lime zest and juice and passion fruit juice.
- Add the sauce to the fruits and top with the mint leaves.
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside...
Buttery & Easy Homemade Ghorayeba
This buttery Ghorayeba (traditional Eid cookies) is relatively easy to achieve at home. It is...
Traditional Sweet Qatayef
The traditional sweet Qatayef are different in each home. Some people add almonds and pistachios,...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.