Triple Cheese & Mint Sambousak
By yasmine • June 14, 2015
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make of it what you like. We use three cheeses to make sure the filling is salty (baramili), melted (the cream cheese which melts while cooking) and well balanced (white cheese). You can substitute any cheese and still achieve the best cheesy minty sambousek filling. You can freeze the sambousek for up to a month or keep it in the fridge for a couple of days.
- 1 pack filo pastry (rectangular for sambousak) - جلاش
- 100 gram baramili white cheese - جبنة براميلي
- 50 gram cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 100 gram white cheese unsalted (can be substituted for feta cheese) - جبنة بيضاء ملح خفيف
- 1/2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2-3 tablespoon dried mint (powdered) - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 cup sunflower oil (for deep-frying) - زيت عباد الشمس
Step by step
- Mix the three cheeses, the mint, the juice of half a lime and olive oil. Make sure the mix is creamy and not too watery.
- Stretch one piece of the rectangular filo in front of you and put about 2 teaspoons from the mixture at the bottom of it without being close to the edges. Take one bottom corner of the pastry in your hands and fold it over the mixture. Then hold the other corner and fold over to the front. Keep repeating until the filo is all folded into a sambousak. Make sure they filling is well covered and not oozing out in order not to stain and ruin the frying oil.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a medium pot, and deep-fry the sambousek (for 10 minutes max) making sure they're golden on both sides.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home...
Creamy North Indian Fish Curry
Enjoy the exotic spices in this wonderful fish curry dish brought to you straight from India. You...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]