Triple Cheese & Mint Sambousak
By yasmine • June 14, 2015
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make of it what you like. We use three cheeses to make sure the filling is salty (baramili), melted (the cream cheese which melts while cooking) and well balanced (white cheese). You can substitute any cheese and still achieve the best cheesy minty sambousek filling. You can freeze the sambousek for up to a month or keep it in the fridge for a couple of days.
- 1 pack filo pastry (rectangular for sambousak) - جلاش
- 100 gram baramili white cheese - جبنة براميلي
- 50 gram cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 100 gram white cheese unsalted (can be substituted for feta cheese) - جبنة بيضاء ملح خفيف
- 1/2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2-3 tablespoon dried mint (powdered) - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 cup sunflower oil (for deep-frying) - زيت عباد الشمس
Step by step
- Mix the three cheeses, the mint, the juice of half a lime and olive oil. Make sure the mix is creamy and not too watery.
- Stretch one piece of the rectangular filo in front of you and put about 2 teaspoons from the mixture at the bottom of it without being close to the edges. Take one bottom corner of the pastry in your hands and fold it over the mixture. Then hold the other corner and fold over to the front. Keep repeating until the filo is all folded into a sambousak. Make sure they filling is well covered and not oozing out in order not to stain and ruin the frying oil.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a medium pot, and deep-fry the sambousek (for 10 minutes max) making sure they're golden on both sides.
Quick Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Transform everyday ingredients such as chicken, carrots and broccoli into an elegant and super...
Wholewheat & Oats Fruity Pancakes
These nutritious wholewheat pancakes with oats and fruits are made delicious with added bananas...
Chicken Fillets with Capers Sauce
الوصفة بالعربي Enjoy these mouthwatering chicken breasts in a creamy capers sauce....
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.