Triple Cheese & Mint Sambousak
By yasmine • June 14, 2015
The beauty of this recipe is that you can make of it what you like. We use three cheeses to make sure the filling is salty (baramili), melted (the cream cheese which melts while cooking) and well balanced (white cheese). You can substitute any cheese and still achieve the best cheesy minty sambousek filling. You can freeze the sambousek for up to a month or keep it in the fridge for a couple of days.
- 1 pack filo pastry (rectangular for sambousak) - جلاش
- 100 gram baramili white cheese - جبنة براميلي
- 50 gram cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 100 gram white cheese unsalted (can be substituted for feta cheese) - جبنة بيضاء ملح خفيف
- 1/2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2-3 tablespoon dried mint (powdered) - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 cup sunflower oil (for deep-frying) - زيت عباد الشمس
Step by step
- Mix the three cheeses, the mint, the juice of half a lime and olive oil. Make sure the mix is creamy and not too watery.
- Stretch one piece of the rectangular filo in front of you and put about 2 teaspoons from the mixture at the bottom of it without being close to the edges. Take one bottom corner of the pastry in your hands and fold it over the mixture. Then hold the other corner and fold over to the front. Keep repeating until the filo is all folded into a sambousak. Make sure they filling is well covered and not oozing out in order not to stain and ruin the frying oil.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a medium pot, and deep-fry the sambousek (for 10 minutes max) making sure they're golden on both sides.
Wholesome Black-Eyed Pea Salad
It's time to give black-eyed peas a chance since it is creamy, nutritious and full of goodness...
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious...
Cheesecake in a Cup
الوصفه بالعربي Dessert can never be this simple yet so heavenly! Every time I made...
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]