Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
By Hanya Fahmy • December 16, 2015
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE being invited over for dinner at her place for she truly brings the perfect Italian feast to the table. One of my very favorite dishes of hers was the Tiramisu. She had shared the recipe she got from her family over several generations…
I give you “The Original Tiramisu” from the gorgeous town of Taormina Sicily. Hope you indulge in it as much as I did.
- 4 tablespoon sugar - سكر
- 1/2 cup espresso (OR strong coffee) - قهوة اسبريسو
- 1/2 cup water - ماء
- 400 gram Lady Fingers biscuits - بسكوت سافويار
- 750 gram Mascarpone cheese - جبن ماسكربون
- 4 egg yolk - صفار البيض
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (for garnish) - بودرة كاكاو
Step by step
- The cream: In a bowl and using a beater, whisk egg yolks with 2 tablespoons sugar until they become a light and fluffy cream. Then add the mascarpone and continue mixing until the cream becomes soft and homogeneous.
- The coffee: Mix espresso, hot water and the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a large bowl.
- The layering: Cover a 20x40cm pan or pyrex with the first layer of Lady Fingers then gently pour half of the bowl of coffee mix over it, making sure all the cookies are well soaked (or you can individually soak the biscuits one by one in a bowl before you place it in the pan). Over the soaked Lady Fingers, spread about 1/2 (or a bit less) of the cream. After that add another layer of individaully soaked biscuits (using the rest of the coffee mix) and finally spread the rest of the cream to cover all the fingers well.
- Final touch: Finally sprinkle the cocoa powder through a fine strainer over the tiramisu to cover it and put it in the fridge overnight (or at least 5 hours).
- For parties, its nice to serve it in individual glasses (finger food style). Follow the same recipe and process yet serve it individually. A true hit on every occasion. Happy festivities :)
Thai Pumpkin Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This Thai Pumpkin Soup is delicious with depth of Asian flavors from...
Blue Cheese & Walnut Sandwich
If you are a blue cheese lover, there's a high chance that this sandwich will become your new...
Banana & Coconut Bread
This bread is beyond scrumptious and moist with a divine smell. This is probably the most...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Cakes
Talk about a pick me up snack or a breakfast cookie that keeps you full and satisfies your sugar tooth, this chocolate peanut butter rice cake is what you mean! Crispy, with a creamy naturally sweetened center (banana-sweetened!) and a chocolate cover with a sprinkle of sea salt…delicious and comforting is an understatement. […]
Dried Fruits Crumble
Here is a Dried Fruits Crumble that can be served as dessert with ice cream, a brunch dish, a winter warmer or an addition to your yoghurt. It is infused with tea, preferably Earl Grey, and the nutty crumble topping spiced with cinnamon. It is a great dish for Ramadan Sohour as well where we […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]