The Juiciest Shish Tawook
By shahdan • November 26, 2015
Simple, juicy, and full of flavour… This Shish Tawook recipe will become a staple in your household! It is ideal for everyday, and very impressive in gatherings. All you need to do is remember to marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours before cooking. The rest is easier than you think.
- 1.25 kg chicken thighs (deboned) - أوراك الدجاج
- 2 large onions (chopped into medium slices) - بصل
- 2 medium tomatoes (grated) - طماطم
- 3 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 4 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 2 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add all the marinade ingredients (except the oil). Toss together and make sure all the pieces are well-coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To cook the chicken, brush a large frying pan or griddle with oil. Arrange the chicken and the onion pieces on the hot pan. Discard any extra marinade.
- Grill on both sides on high- medium heat until nicely coloured and cooked through.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes,...
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
Light One-Pot Okra
This is the vegan version of my mother's 'nayy fe nayy bamia'. While she uses stock, I like to...
Sweet Potato Dessert with Croquant
This Sweet Potato Dessert is a very special dish for special occasions. It is not a light one, but it will sure impress all your guests. This is not our own recipe, it was passed on from a friend, but we tried, tested and loved!
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]