The Juiciest Shish Tawook
By shahdan • November 26, 2015
Simple, juicy, and full of flavour… This Shish Tawook recipe will become a staple in your household! It is ideal for everyday, and very impressive in gatherings. All you need to do is remember to marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours before cooking. The rest is easier than you think.
- 1.25 kg chicken thighs (deboned) - أوراك الدجاج
- 2 large onions (chopped into medium slices) - بصل
- 2 medium tomatoes (grated) - طماطم
- 3 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 4 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 2 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add all the marinade ingredients (except the oil). Toss together and make sure all the pieces are well-coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To cook the chicken, brush a large frying pan or griddle with oil. Arrange the chicken and the onion pieces on the hot pan. Discard any extra marinade.
- Grill on both sides on high- medium heat until nicely coloured and cooked through.
Yellow Cornmeal Orange Cake
Our grandmas’ time, this recipe was as famous as a cheesecake today. Every house had its own...
Annabell’s Famous Banana & Avocado Mix
From 7 months. This mixture made the infamous Annabella Karmel famous among all mothers. It is an...
Orzo & Vegetable Soup (Lessan Asfour)
This is one of the simplest, yet most delicious soups. All you really need is good homemade chicken...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]