The Juiciest Shish Tawook
By shahdan • November 26, 2015
Simple, juicy, and full of flavour… This Shish Tawook recipe will become a staple in your household! It is ideal for everyday, and very impressive in gatherings. All you need to do is remember to marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours before cooking. The rest is easier than you think.
- 1.25 kg chicken thighs (deboned) - أوراك الدجاج
- 2 large onions (chopped into medium slices) - بصل
- 2 medium tomatoes (grated) - طماطم
- 3 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 4 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 2 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add all the marinade ingredients (except the oil). Toss together and make sure all the pieces are well-coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To cook the chicken, brush a large frying pan or griddle with oil. Arrange the chicken and the onion pieces on the hot pan. Discard any extra marinade.
- Grill on both sides on high- medium heat until nicely coloured and cooked through.
Sweet & Sour Chicken with Jasmine Rice
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with...
Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are...
Fresh Coriander & Cucumber Salad
Serve and enjoy this salad with CairoCooking's Asian dishes. With super simple ingredients, this...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Date & Almond Qatayef
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of yumminess. Crunchy outer layer of Qatayef with gooey sweet dates inside, and a surprise bitter crunch from the almonds, will make this desert your favorite this Ramadan. It is easy to prepare in advance and fry 10 minutes before serving. For the […]