The Juiciest Shish Tawook
By shahdan • November 26, 2015
Simple, juicy, and full of flavour… This Shish Tawook recipe will become a staple in your household! It is ideal for everyday, and very impressive in gatherings. All you need to do is remember to marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours before cooking. The rest is easier than you think.
- 1.25 kg chicken thighs (deboned) - أوراك الدجاج
- 2 large onions (chopped into medium slices) - بصل
- 2 medium tomatoes (grated) - طماطم
- 3 tablespoon yoghurt - زبادي
- 4 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 2 teaspoon thyme - زعتر
- 2 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
Step by step
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add all the marinade ingredients (except the oil). Toss together and make sure all the pieces are well-coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- To cook the chicken, brush a large frying pan or griddle with oil. Arrange the chicken and the onion pieces on the hot pan. Discard any extra marinade.
- Grill on both sides on high- medium heat until nicely coloured and cooked through.
Warm Yoghurt Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This soup reminds me of my childhood. (That one and the...
Soy & Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
الوصفة بالعربي This luscious chicken stir-fry dish is easy, delicious and packed with...
Walnut & Date Cake
Since It is the Eid season after Ramadan, I found everybody is running to do the traditional Eid...
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your new favourite chicken recipe. The flavours and the aroma are simply divine. This is comfort food at it’s best. THE MENU Feel-Good Artichoke Soup Mixed Bean Salad Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Vermicelli with Almonds Mini Konafa Cups
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious ingredients such as bulgur, chickpeas, lentils, fresh tomatoes and oven-roasted onions, it still carries all the authentic and yummy koshary flavours without the extra carbs. Definitely a must-try if you love kohasry and are looking for a healthier recipe.
Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed hazelnuts. The herbs in most Dukka recipes are just a perfect pair to white fish while the nuts along with the sesame in the Dukka creates a light crust to the fish without covering it completely, keeping it moist and tender. You can […]