The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
By yasmine • May 12, 2015
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when cooking any vegetable or protein that needs a fresh uplift like potatoes or zucchini or any clear soup dish. We used it in our zucchini chicken soup as well as the roast beef that ended up infused with a herbal aroma.
- 1-2 cup mix of greens (leftover greens from green juice)
- OR mix of greens (rocket, spinach, parsley, celery, mint)
- 1 onion (roughly cut) - بصلة
- 1 liter water (4-5 cups - lukewarm) - ماء
- 2 bay leaves - ورق لاورا
- 2 cardamom - حبهان
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 1 carrot (cut in chunks) - جزرة
Step by step
- Add all the ingredients to the water in one medium pot and over medium heat until it starts boiling.
- Don't let it boil and put heat down, cover and let it simmer for up to 20 minutes.
- Sift the stock and leave it to cool before putting into a container and in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home...
Classic Spinach Soup
Creamy and super nutritious… this spinach soup will pleasantly surprise you with its rich...
Roast Beef On The Stove
There are several ways to do a roast beef - some people prefer putting it in the oven while others...
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.