The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
By yasmine • May 12, 2015
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when cooking any vegetable or protein that needs a fresh uplift like potatoes or zucchini or any clear soup dish. We used it in our zucchini chicken soup as well as the roast beef that ended up infused with a herbal aroma.
- 1-2 cup mix of greens (leftover greens from green juice)
- OR mix of greens (rocket, spinach, parsley, celery, mint)
- 1 onion (roughly cut) - بصلة
- 1 liter water (4-5 cups - lukewarm) - ماء
- 2 bay leaves - ورق لاورا
- 2 cardamom - حبهان
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 1 carrot (cut in chunks) - جزرة
Step by step
- Add all the ingredients to the water in one medium pot and over medium heat until it starts boiling.
- Don't let it boil and put heat down, cover and let it simmer for up to 20 minutes.
- Sift the stock and leave it to cool before putting into a container and in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Crusty & Golden Apple Pie
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. As a child, one of...
الوصفه بالعربي The traditional homemade Egyptian kofta is just so simple to prepare...
Quick Coconut Chicken Curry
The Coconut Chicken Curry is a favourite in our house and my quick go-to dish on busy days. It...
Simple, delicious, and the perfect companion to any protein dish especially fish! With some simple ingredients, the simple zucchini is transferred into a succulent vegan and wholesome side dish in 20 minutes.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]