The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
By yasmine • May 12, 2015
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when cooking any vegetable or protein that needs a fresh uplift like potatoes or zucchini or any clear soup dish. We used it in our zucchini chicken soup as well as the roast beef that ended up infused with a herbal aroma.
- 1-2 cup mix of greens (leftover greens from green juice)
- OR mix of greens (rocket, spinach, parsley, celery, mint)
- 1 onion (roughly cut) - بصلة
- 1 liter water (4-5 cups - lukewarm) - ماء
- 2 bay leaves - ورق لاورا
- 2 cardamom - حبهان
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 1 carrot (cut in chunks) - جزرة
Step by step
- Add all the ingredients to the water in one medium pot and over medium heat until it starts boiling.
- Don't let it boil and put heat down, cover and let it simmer for up to 20 minutes.
- Sift the stock and leave it to cool before putting into a container and in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Light One-Pot Okra
This is the vegan version of my mother's 'nayy fe nayy bamia'. While she uses stock, I like to...
Fig Tarte Bourdaloue
This dessert is very easy to prepare and very tasty. After figs season is over, I will be...
Warm Spiced Pumpkin with White Chocolate Sauce
الوصفة بالعربي If you haven't tried this festive pumkin dessert, you are missing out!...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]