The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
By yasmine • May 12, 2015
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when cooking any vegetable or protein that needs a fresh uplift like potatoes or zucchini or any clear soup dish. We used it in our zucchini chicken soup as well as the roast beef that ended up infused with a herbal aroma.
- 1-2 cup mix of greens (leftover greens from green juice)
- OR mix of greens (rocket, spinach, parsley, celery, mint)
- 1 onion (roughly cut) - بصلة
- 1 liter water (4-5 cups - lukewarm) - ماء
- 2 bay leaves - ورق لاورا
- 2 cardamom - حبهان
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns - حبوب فلفل أسود
- 1 carrot (cut in chunks) - جزرة
Step by step
- Add all the ingredients to the water in one medium pot and over medium heat until it starts boiling.
- Don't let it boil and put heat down, cover and let it simmer for up to 20 minutes.
- Sift the stock and leave it to cool before putting into a container and in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Shredded Carrot & Coriander Salad
This is originally a Gordon Ramsay recipe for outdoor picnics and summer activities. However, we...
Salmon Philadelphia Sushi Roll
Always thought sushi is difficult to make but it turned out easy to prepare at home in no time. The...
Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
Photo Credit: Yehia ElAlaily The Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup can be garnished with shrimps on...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]