The Charlotte Cake
By Mai Saleh • July 23, 2015
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits!
Recipe by Mai Saleh.
- 4 cup raspberries (or strawberries) - توت بري
- 1/2 cup orange juice - عصير برتقال
- 600 gram cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 11/4 cup whipped cream - كريمة مخفوقة
- 1/2 cup icing sugar - سكر بودرة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1/4 kg strawberries (sliced) - فراولة
- 1 pack Lady Fingers biscuits - بسكوت سافويار
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, mix the fresh raspberries with the orange juice and icing sugar and mash them all together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese with the whipped cream and vanilla. Set aside.
- To assemble the cake: In a springform pan, arrange the lady finger biscuits around the inside edge of the pan. Arrange more biscuits at the bottom of the pan then add a layer of the mashed raspberries followed by a layer of cheese filling, then a layer of fresh strawberries. Create another layer by adding another layer of biscuits, raspberries, cheese filling and finally decorate with fresh strawberries on top.
Basterma Green Salad
This salad will definitely go on your favorites list if you are a basterma fan. I served it once...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends...
Warm Freekeh Eggplant Salad
Who knew the combination of freekeh and eggplants can be so hearty? The Warm Freekeh Eggplant...
Cinnamon Star Cookies
A childhood favorite, these cinnamon star cookies are a nutty, cinnamony and sweet treat for Christmas. It is also a lovely edible gift all year round. It will fill your house with heartwarming spice smells.
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]