The Charlotte Cake
By Mai Saleh • July 23, 2015
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits!
Recipe by Mai Saleh.
- 4 cup raspberries (or strawberries) - توت بري
- 1/2 cup orange juice - عصير برتقال
- 600 gram cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 11/4 cup whipped cream - كريمة مخفوقة
- 1/2 cup icing sugar - سكر بودرة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1/4 kg strawberries (sliced) - فراولة
- 1 pack Lady Fingers biscuits - بسكوت سافويار
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, mix the fresh raspberries with the orange juice and icing sugar and mash them all together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese with the whipped cream and vanilla. Set aside.
- To assemble the cake: In a springform pan, arrange the lady finger biscuits around the inside edge of the pan. Arrange more biscuits at the bottom of the pan then add a layer of the mashed raspberries followed by a layer of cheese filling, then a layer of fresh strawberries. Create another layer by adding another layer of biscuits, raspberries, cheese filling and finally decorate with fresh strawberries on top.
Creamy North Indian Fish Curry
Enjoy the exotic spices in this wonderful fish curry dish brought to you straight from India. You...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home...
Cheesy Steaks with Cream Mushroom Sauce
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. An easy flavorful...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Traditional Anise Seeds Biscuits
These Anise Seeds Biscuits are a trip down memory lane for my family. Preparing them and filling the kitchen with the smell lets me think of my grandmother’s house and our family lunches ending with dipping these biscuits in the grown-ups hot teas. Our family calls it ‘our biscotti’ (like the Italian), because it looks and smells like it, yet […]