The Charlotte Cake
By Mai Saleh • July 23, 2015
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits!
Recipe by Mai Saleh.
- 4 cup raspberries (or strawberries) - توت بري
- 1/2 cup orange juice - عصير برتقال
- 600 gram cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 11/4 cup whipped cream - كريمة مخفوقة
- 1/2 cup icing sugar - سكر بودرة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1/4 kg strawberries (sliced) - فراولة
- 1 pack Lady Fingers biscuits - بسكوت سافويار
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, mix the fresh raspberries with the orange juice and icing sugar and mash them all together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese with the whipped cream and vanilla. Set aside.
- To assemble the cake: In a springform pan, arrange the lady finger biscuits around the inside edge of the pan. Arrange more biscuits at the bottom of the pan then add a layer of the mashed raspberries followed by a layer of cheese filling, then a layer of fresh strawberries. Create another layer by adding another layer of biscuits, raspberries, cheese filling and finally decorate with fresh strawberries on top.
A Special Salted Toffee Sauce
Nothing beats having a sweet and salty drizzle of toffee on any of our favorite cakes or drinks....
Roasted Eggplant & Labna Bruschetta
Perfect for brunch and casual gatherings, this roasted eggplant & labna bruschetta is a true...
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Dark Chocolate Almond Clusters
These heavenly Chocolate Almond Clusters will be your new favourite treat… and all you really need is good quality dark chocolate and raw almonds.