The Charlotte Cake
By Mai Saleh • July 23, 2015
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits!
Recipe by Mai Saleh.
- 4 cup raspberries (or strawberries) - توت بري
- 1/2 cup orange juice - عصير برتقال
- 600 gram cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 11/4 cup whipped cream - كريمة مخفوقة
- 1/2 cup icing sugar - سكر بودرة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1/4 kg strawberries (sliced) - فراولة
- 1 pack Lady Fingers biscuits - بسكوت سافويار
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, mix the fresh raspberries with the orange juice and icing sugar and mash them all together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese with the whipped cream and vanilla. Set aside.
- To assemble the cake: In a springform pan, arrange the lady finger biscuits around the inside edge of the pan. Arrange more biscuits at the bottom of the pan then add a layer of the mashed raspberries followed by a layer of cheese filling, then a layer of fresh strawberries. Create another layer by adding another layer of biscuits, raspberries, cheese filling and finally decorate with fresh strawberries on top.
Roasted Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
When shrimp and avocados come together, the results are usually luscious, impressive and mostly...
Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Casserole
الوصفه بالعربي Delicious homemade combo of sweet potato, crumble and roasted...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]