The Charlotte Cake
By Mai Saleh • July 23, 2015
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits!
Recipe by Mai Saleh.
- 4 cup raspberries (or strawberries) - توت بري
- 1/2 cup orange juice - عصير برتقال
- 600 gram cream cheese - جبن كريمى
- 11/4 cup whipped cream - كريمة مخفوقة
- 1/2 cup icing sugar - سكر بودرة
- 1 teaspoon vanilla - فانيليا
- 1/4 kg strawberries (sliced) - فراولة
- 1 pack Lady Fingers biscuits - بسكوت سافويار
Step by step
- In a medium bowl, mix the fresh raspberries with the orange juice and icing sugar and mash them all together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese with the whipped cream and vanilla. Set aside.
- To assemble the cake: In a springform pan, arrange the lady finger biscuits around the inside edge of the pan. Arrange more biscuits at the bottom of the pan then add a layer of the mashed raspberries followed by a layer of cheese filling, then a layer of fresh strawberries. Create another layer by adding another layer of biscuits, raspberries, cheese filling and finally decorate with fresh strawberries on top.
Oregano & Sumac Chicken with Classic Freekeh
Oregano & sumac marinated chicken breast fillets are served on a bed of nutritious freekeh, and...
Daim Double Chocolate Cake
The cake is a result of a random thought that struck at a moment of boredom motivating me to try...
No-recipe Falafel Platter with Vegetable Wraps
Add colour to your gatherings table with this fun falafel-wraps platter. To substitute bread,...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]