The Homemade Burger Battle
By maha mazhar • November 18, 2015
This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Click here to find out how you can take part.
A homemade delicious restaurant-style burger topped with delicious grilled red, yellow and green bell peppers, melted cheese and onions.
- 500 gram minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 3 slice bell pepper - فلفل ملون
- 1 tablespoon oil - زيت
- 1 medium onion - بصلة
- 3 slice cheddar cheese - جبن شيدر
- 3 medium bread - خبز
- 1 box barbeque sauce - صوص الباربكيو
Step by step
- Shape your minced beef into medium sized burgers and press the middle of the burger with your finger to avoid shrinking. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Heat one table spoon of oil on the grill. Sprinkle your burgers with only salt and pepper.
- Place your burgers on the grill at a low heat and cover them for 10 minutes on each side to make sure they are well done yet still moist. Remove the burgers and set aside.
- On the same grill, arrange the sliced bell peppers to grill and to absorb the smell of the grilled burgers.
- Next, grill the burger buns top part on the same grill.
- Assemble your burger sandwich by placing the burger on the bun, then add your cheese, onions, grilled bell peppers and barbeque sauce. Enjoy!
Eggplant & Shrimp Farfalle
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with Easy-Pan.com. Easy and...
Summer Lime Karkadeh (Hibiscus)
Since Karkadeh is just consumed in Ramadan. I personally think it's the perfect summer drink of all...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]