Thai Shrimp Curry
By shahdan • April 26, 2015
Easy, exotic, and heavenly… Cook this dish to wow your guests or to treat your loved ones with a fine dining experience at home… Best served with white Basmati Rice.
- 500 gram shrimp (preferably tail-on medium shrimps) - جمبري
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil (you can substitute with sunflower oil) - زيت السمسم
- 3 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 3 large garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 tablespoon curry (powder) - كاري
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/2 can coconut milk (now available in cans in most supermarkets) - لبن جوز الهند
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated fresh ginger) - جنزبيل
- 1 medium lemon - ليمون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) - بودرة ثوم
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (or to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 4 sprig coriander (to garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Prepare everything in advance because once you start the stir-frying, you will need to be fast. First, wash the shrimps with fresh water, then add 1 lemon, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Next, prepare your veggies. Cut the spring onions diagonally into long strips, peel and grate the ginger, crush the garlic and cut the red bell pepper into thin strips.
- Now that you have everything ready, heat the oil in a wok or large pan. Add the garlic and ginger and stir using a wooden spoon, followed by the spring onions, curry and turmeric and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Next, add the shrimps, and continue the stir frying for a minute, either by shaking the wok or carefully stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Now add the coconut milk, lower the heat and leave the shrimps to cook through (3-4 minutes).
- Add the red bell pepper (it's nice when the red bell pepper is not too soft), give it a quick stir and adjust salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Traditional Macaroni Béchamel
No matter how creative we cook, a classic macaroni béchamel will always be a family favourite!...
Walnut & Date Cake
Since It is the Eid season after Ramadan, I found everybody is running to do the traditional Eid...
The Shrimp Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي This is originally a Crave recipe that I learned to do at home. It...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]