Thai Shrimp Curry
By shahdan • April 26, 2015
Easy, exotic, and heavenly… Cook this dish to wow your guests or to treat your loved ones with a fine dining experience at home… Best served with white Basmati Rice.
- 500 gram shrimp (preferably tail-on medium shrimps) - جمبري
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil (you can substitute with sunflower oil) - زيت السمسم
- 3 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 3 large garlic cloves - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 tablespoon curry (powder) - كاري
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/2 can coconut milk (now available in cans in most supermarkets) - لبن جوز الهند
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper - فلفل رومي احمر
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (grated fresh ginger) - جنزبيل
- 1 medium lemon - ليمون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional) - بودرة ثوم
- 1 pinch salt and pepper (or to taste) - ملح و فلفل
- 4 sprig coriander (to garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Prepare everything in advance because once you start the stir-frying, you will need to be fast. First, wash the shrimps with fresh water, then add 1 lemon, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Next, prepare your veggies. Cut the spring onions diagonally into long strips, peel and grate the ginger, crush the garlic and cut the red bell pepper into thin strips.
- Now that you have everything ready, heat the oil in a wok or large pan. Add the garlic and ginger and stir using a wooden spoon, followed by the spring onions, curry and turmeric and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Next, add the shrimps, and continue the stir frying for a minute, either by shaking the wok or carefully stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Now add the coconut milk, lower the heat and leave the shrimps to cook through (3-4 minutes).
- Add the red bell pepper (it's nice when the red bell pepper is not too soft), give it a quick stir and adjust salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve.
Date & Almond Balls
These date & almond balls are a perfect sweet snack to when sugar rush strikes! It is also the...
Fishcakes with Dijon-Mayo Capers Dipping Sauce
This is a perfect fish recipe for kids especially if they are not fish fans. They will definitely...
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]