Thai Pumpkin Soup
By yasmine • June 6, 2015
This Thai Pumpkin Soup is delicious with depth of Asian flavors from the combination of ginger, chili and garlic ending with coconut milk. Despite its simplicity, it is impressive on your dining table and will have your guests go back for more.
If you want to avoid using coconut milk, just add an extra cup of broth instead and adjust chili to your taste.
This recipe was developed for Flavor Republic.
- 1 kg pumpkin (5-6 cups cut in cubes) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 2 small red onions (chopped) - بصل أحمر
- 3 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 red chili pepper (about 2 teaspoons - deseeded & minced) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 2 cup chicken broth/stock (400-500ml OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 cup coconut milk (200ml) - لبن جوز الهند
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- coriander (chopped for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Heat sesame oil in a soup pot on medium heat. Sauté onions, chili, ginger and minced garlic until onions are translucent (about 8 minutes).
- Stir in pumpkin cubes, salt and pepper followed by the warm broth. As soon as it boils, decrease heat, cover and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until pumpkin is cooked through.
- Using a blender or a handheld mixer, smooth the soup mix. Add coconut milk. Let it simmer for another 2 minutes and finish with lime juice.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander, minced chili and/or a drizzle of coconut milk.
Feel-Good Artichoke Soup
Loaded with artichokes, peas and carrots, this soup is the ultimate comfort soup. The dill adds a...
Crunchy Asian Salad
Refreshing, crunchy and full of flavour! This is the salad to choose when you are serving Asian...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.