Thai Pumpkin Soup
By yasmine • June 6, 2015
This Thai Pumpkin Soup is delicious with depth of Asian flavors from the combination of ginger, chili and garlic ending with coconut milk. Despite its simplicity, it is impressive on your dining table and will have your guests go back for more.
If you want to avoid using coconut milk, just add an extra cup of broth instead and adjust chili to your taste.
This recipe was developed for Flavor Republic.
- 1 kg pumpkin (5-6 cups cut in cubes) - اليقطين/ قرع
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 2 small red onions (chopped) - بصل أحمر
- 3 teaspoon fresh ginger (freshly grated) - جنزبيل
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1/2 red chili pepper (about 2 teaspoons - deseeded & minced) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 2 cup chicken broth/stock (400-500ml OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 1 cup coconut milk (200ml) - لبن جوز الهند
- 1 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- coriander (chopped for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Heat sesame oil in a soup pot on medium heat. Sauté onions, chili, ginger and minced garlic until onions are translucent (about 8 minutes).
- Stir in pumpkin cubes, salt and pepper followed by the warm broth. As soon as it boils, decrease heat, cover and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until pumpkin is cooked through.
- Using a blender or a handheld mixer, smooth the soup mix. Add coconut milk. Let it simmer for another 2 minutes and finish with lime juice.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander, minced chili and/or a drizzle of coconut milk.
Avocado Caprese Salad
Colourful and super-tasty, this Caprese is served differently to cater for bigger crowds. In this...
Lentils & Apple Salad
I tried this Lentils & Apple Salad at a friend's dinner and I fell in love with it. Without...
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled...
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.