Thai Beef Salad
By yasmine • October 20, 2016
The beauty of this Thai Beef Salad is that you can transform leftover meat and rice to a completely new and delicious dish. You don’t have to use cooked rice in this salad but it helps make it a full meal. The Asian dressing combined with the crunchy greens and protein allows for a delicious full experience.
The salad is an impressive item at a dinner invite and a perfect light meal for leftovers. You can prepare it in advance and add dressing and keep it in the fridge. Leaving it with the dressing for a couple of hours actually enhances the taste.
- 150 gram veal fillet (sliced) - فيليه بتلو
- 1 bunch arugula (thinly sliced) - جرجير
- 1/2 medium iceberg lettuce (thinly sliced) - كابوتشا
- 1/2 cup coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 1/4 cup mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 2 cucumber (peeled & sliced) - خيار
- 3/4 cup wild rice (OR basmati rice - OPTIONAL) - الأرز البري
- 1 handful cashew nuts (OR sesame - toasted) - الكاجو
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil (OR olive oil) - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce - صوص السمك التايلاندي
- 1 large garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (shredded) - جنزبيل
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 large lime (deseeded & juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Mix the dressing ingredients and place the dressing in the fridge.
- Toast halved raw cashews in a pan for couple of minutes on low heat and set aside.
- Mix lettuce, arugula and the rest of the greens then add the cucumbers and sprinkle the cooked rice if using any. Top with beef slices. Add dressing and leave it in the fridge until serving time. Sprinkle with toasted cashews and serve.
Warm Halva Pudding
If you are a fan of Halva (like me), you will fall in love with this sweet and simple dessert. You...
Classic Egyptian Belila
Nothing beats a warm bowl of belila with coconut and nuts! The ultimate winter comfort...
Baked Chicken Fingers
الوصفة بالعربي If my daughter had the option, she would have eaten fried breaded...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]