Thai Beef Salad
By yasmine • October 20, 2016
The beauty of this Thai Beef Salad is that you can transform leftover meat and rice to a completely new and delicious dish. You don’t have to use cooked rice in this salad but it helps make it a full meal. The Asian dressing combined with the crunchy greens and protein allows for a delicious full experience.
The salad is an impressive item at a dinner invite and a perfect light meal for leftovers. You can prepare it in advance and add dressing and keep it in the fridge. Leaving it with the dressing for a couple of hours actually enhances the taste.
- 150 gram veal fillet (sliced) - فيليه بتلو
- 1 bunch arugula (thinly sliced) - جرجير
- 1/2 medium iceberg lettuce (thinly sliced) - كابوتشا
- 1/2 cup coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 1/4 cup mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 2 cucumber (peeled & sliced) - خيار
- 3/4 cup wild rice (OR basmati rice - OPTIONAL) - الأرز البري
- 1 handful cashew nuts (OR sesame - toasted) - الكاجو
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil (OR olive oil) - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce - صوص السمك التايلاندي
- 1 large garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (shredded) - جنزبيل
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 large lime (deseeded & juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Mix the dressing ingredients and place the dressing in the fridge.
- Toast halved raw cashews in a pan for couple of minutes on low heat and set aside.
- Mix lettuce, arugula and the rest of the greens then add the cucumbers and sprinkle the cooked rice if using any. Top with beef slices. Add dressing and leave it in the fridge until serving time. Sprinkle with toasted cashews and serve.
Creamy Chicken Mushroom with Spinach & Corn
Creamy Chicken Mushroom is always a crowd pleaser and a hearty home-cooked dish. The spinach...
Roasted Zucchini with Garlic & Herbs
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the tastiest. This is a quick and easy side dish that will have...
No-Junk Kids’ Burger
If burger is a kids-favourite dish, why don’t we make it as healthy as we can? This burger bursts...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]