Thai Beef Salad
By yasmine • October 20, 2016
The beauty of this Thai Beef Salad is that you can transform leftover meat and rice to a completely new and delicious dish. You don’t have to use cooked rice in this salad but it helps make it a full meal. The Asian dressing combined with the crunchy greens and protein allows for a delicious full experience.
The salad is an impressive item at a dinner invite and a perfect light meal for leftovers. You can prepare it in advance and add dressing and keep it in the fridge. Leaving it with the dressing for a couple of hours actually enhances the taste.
- 150 gram veal fillet (sliced) - فيليه بتلو
- 1 bunch arugula (thinly sliced) - جرجير
- 1/2 medium iceberg lettuce (thinly sliced) - كابوتشا
- 1/2 cup coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 1/4 cup mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 2 cucumber (peeled & sliced) - خيار
- 3/4 cup wild rice (OR basmati rice - OPTIONAL) - الأرز البري
- 1 handful cashew nuts (OR sesame - toasted) - الكاجو
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil (OR olive oil) - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce - صوص السمك التايلاندي
- 1 large garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (shredded) - جنزبيل
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 large lime (deseeded & juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Mix the dressing ingredients and place the dressing in the fridge.
- Toast halved raw cashews in a pan for couple of minutes on low heat and set aside.
- Mix lettuce, arugula and the rest of the greens then add the cucumbers and sprinkle the cooked rice if using any. Top with beef slices. Add dressing and leave it in the fridge until serving time. Sprinkle with toasted cashews and serve.
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new "improved" recipe for everyone's favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to...
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger,...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]