Thai Beef Salad
By yasmine • October 20, 2016
The beauty of this Thai Beef Salad is that you can transform leftover meat and rice to a completely new and delicious dish. You don’t have to use cooked rice in this salad but it helps make it a full meal. The Asian dressing combined with the crunchy greens and protein allows for a delicious full experience.
The salad is an impressive item at a dinner invite and a perfect light meal for leftovers. You can prepare it in advance and add dressing and keep it in the fridge. Leaving it with the dressing for a couple of hours actually enhances the taste.
- 150 gram veal fillet (sliced) - فيليه بتلو
- 1 bunch arugula (thinly sliced) - جرجير
- 1/2 medium iceberg lettuce (thinly sliced) - كابوتشا
- 1/2 cup coriander (chopped) - كزبرة
- 1/4 cup mint (chopped) - نعناع
- 2 cucumber (peeled & sliced) - خيار
- 3/4 cup wild rice (OR basmati rice - OPTIONAL) - الأرز البري
- 1 handful cashew nuts (OR sesame - toasted) - الكاجو
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil (OR olive oil) - زيت السمسم
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce - صوص السمك التايلاندي
- 1 large garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (shredded) - جنزبيل
- 1 pinch black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 large lime (deseeded & juiced) - ليمون بلدي
Step by step
- Mix the dressing ingredients and place the dressing in the fridge.
- Toast halved raw cashews in a pan for couple of minutes on low heat and set aside.
- Mix lettuce, arugula and the rest of the greens then add the cucumbers and sprinkle the cooked rice if using any. Top with beef slices. Add dressing and leave it in the fridge until serving time. Sprinkle with toasted cashews and serve.
Lemon Butter Chicken
الوصفة بالعربي A new, moist and buttery take on a classic chicken dish. Recipe...
Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich
The Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Multigrain Sandwich is not only nutritious, but it is...
Peanut Butter & Coloured Peppers Baladi Wrap
The sweetness of coloured peppers with the saltines of this guiltfree all natural peanut butter...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!