Spinach & Carrot Brown Rice Medley
By yasmine • April 28, 2016
From 9 months.
Like most leafy greens, most doctors allow spinach from 9 months. Spinach is a large source of iron in a time babies start crawling and walking. I used to stuff any of my daughter’s food with some spinach leaves – I chop it up and add it to her eggs or to a creamy gratin and or blend it in a homemade fruity juice. This recipe is a yummy example of incorporating spinach.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 2 carrots (peeled and cubed) - جزر
- 1 potatoes (peeled & cubed) - بطاطس
- 1 cup baby spinach (or spinach) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 3 tablespoon basmati brown rice - أرز بسمتى بنى
- 1.5 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and add rice. Stir for a couple of times, then add carrots, potatoes, and broth/water mix.
- Bring pot to a boil then lower heat and cover. Let it cook for 15 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add spinach leaves and cover again for another 5 minutes until veggies and rice are cooked through.
- Add one tablespoon cooking cream to each serving (especially when reheating to feed). You can mash the mix with a fork or use a handheld blender for a smoother texture. Serve warm.
Roasted Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
When shrimp and avocados come together, the results are usually luscious, impressive and mostly...
Salmon with Cold Fresh Oriental Salsa
Inspired by the traditional fattoush, this out-of-the-box salmon dish is fresh, lemony and full of...
Hearty Sugar-Free Carrot Muffins
From 12 months. These Carrot Muffins are yummy and heartwarming for the whole family. I make them...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.