Spinach & Carrot Brown Rice Medley
By yasmine • April 28, 2016
From 9 months.
Like most leafy greens, most doctors allow spinach from 9 months. Spinach is a large source of iron in a time babies start crawling and walking. I used to stuff any of my daughter’s food with some spinach leaves – I chop it up and add it to her eggs or to a creamy gratin and or blend it in a homemade fruity juice. This recipe is a yummy example of incorporating spinach.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 2 carrots (peeled and cubed) - جزر
- 1 potatoes (peeled & cubed) - بطاطس
- 1 cup baby spinach (or spinach) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 3 tablespoon basmati brown rice - أرز بسمتى بنى
- 1.5 cup chicken broth/stock (OR water) - مرقة دجاج
- 2 tablespoon cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and add rice. Stir for a couple of times, then add carrots, potatoes, and broth/water mix.
- Bring pot to a boil then lower heat and cover. Let it cook for 15 minutes until almost cooked through.
- Add spinach leaves and cover again for another 5 minutes until veggies and rice are cooked through.
- Add one tablespoon cooking cream to each serving (especially when reheating to feed). You can mash the mix with a fork or use a handheld blender for a smoother texture. Serve warm.
Fried Eggs with Dates (Aagwa)
This is a childhood favourite! The sweetness of the dates fried in butter with the lightly...
An old family recipe for the easiest brownies, yet delicious and chewy. Recipe by: Shahira...
Warm Halva Pudding
If you are a fan of Halva (like me), you will fall in love with this sweet and simple dessert. You...
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.