Oat & Banana Nutritious Pancakes
By yasmine • May 10, 2016
From 9 months.
This is such a simple, quick and nutritious breakfast or dinner for your toddler as well as your older kids. The recipe makes about 10 pancakes – but make sure to wipe out the pan between batches to avoid black bits since bananas tend to burn quickly.
You can serve your pancakes with more fruits, honey or molasses for kids and toddlers over than 12 months (or as your pediatrician allows).
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 1/2 cup oats - شوفان
- 2 banana - موز
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (OR butter for pan frying) - زيت جوز الهند
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 tablespoon raisins - زبيب
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ (optional) - جنين القمح
Step by step
- In a blender, mix all ingredients except coconut oil/ butter. Blend until smooth. If you feel the consistency is too thick add a couple spoons of milk.
- Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil or 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large pan. Try to fit 4 pancakes in the pan by adding 1.5 tablespoons of batter for each pancake.
- Flip the pancakes after about 1 to 2 minutes to cook the other side. Remove them from the pan into a serving dish and take the pan off the heat.
- Let the pan cool for a couple of minutes, then, using a kitchen paper, wipe the residue from the pan. Then add another spoon of coconut oil or butter to cook your next batch. That way you avoid any burning your next batch and keep it clean and healthy for your toddler.
- While your toddler will enjoy the sweetness of the bananas and raisins, your older kids might like some honey or molasses over their warm pancakes.
Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
Photo Credit: Yehia ElAlaily The Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup can be garnished with shrimps on...
Caramelized Almonds Covered with Dark Chocolate
Three ingredients and you have your own customized chocolate bites... you can prepare them for your...
Delicious Liver Alexandrian Style
Grilled liver is an amazing protein in taste, nutritional value and all the things you can do with...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]