Oat & Banana Nutritious Pancakes
By yasmine • May 10, 2016
From 9 months.
This is such a simple, quick and nutritious breakfast or dinner for your toddler as well as your older kids. The recipe makes about 10 pancakes – but make sure to wipe out the pan between batches to avoid black bits since bananas tend to burn quickly.
You can serve your pancakes with more fruits, honey or molasses for kids and toddlers over than 12 months (or as your pediatrician allows).
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 1/2 cup oats - شوفان
- 2 banana - موز
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (OR butter for pan frying) - زيت جوز الهند
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 tablespoon raisins - زبيب
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ (optional) - جنين القمح
Step by step
- In a blender, mix all ingredients except coconut oil/ butter. Blend until smooth. If you feel the consistency is too thick add a couple spoons of milk.
- Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil or 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large pan. Try to fit 4 pancakes in the pan by adding 1.5 tablespoons of batter for each pancake.
- Flip the pancakes after about 1 to 2 minutes to cook the other side. Remove them from the pan into a serving dish and take the pan off the heat.
- Let the pan cool for a couple of minutes, then, using a kitchen paper, wipe the residue from the pan. Then add another spoon of coconut oil or butter to cook your next batch. That way you avoid any burning your next batch and keep it clean and healthy for your toddler.
- While your toddler will enjoy the sweetness of the bananas and raisins, your older kids might like some honey or molasses over their warm pancakes.
Baked Kobeba Tray
This baked Kobeba tray recipe is a yummy Lebanese speciality made simple at home. Instead of...
Nutritious Freekeh with Chicken Dish
Extremely nutritious, freekeh is one of the healthiest grains. This grain can be easily cooked into...
Chicken Fillets with Capers Sauce
الوصفة بالعربي Enjoy these mouthwatering chicken breasts in a creamy capers sauce....
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]