Oat & Banana Nutritious Pancakes
By yasmine • May 10, 2016
From 9 months.
This is such a simple, quick and nutritious breakfast or dinner for your toddler as well as your older kids. The recipe makes about 10 pancakes – but make sure to wipe out the pan between batches to avoid black bits since bananas tend to burn quickly.
You can serve your pancakes with more fruits, honey or molasses for kids and toddlers over than 12 months (or as your pediatrician allows).
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 1/2 cup oats - شوفان
- 2 banana - موز
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (OR butter for pan frying) - زيت جوز الهند
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 tablespoon raisins - زبيب
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ (optional) - جنين القمح
Step by step
- In a blender, mix all ingredients except coconut oil/ butter. Blend until smooth. If you feel the consistency is too thick add a couple spoons of milk.
- Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon coconut oil or 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large pan. Try to fit 4 pancakes in the pan by adding 1.5 tablespoons of batter for each pancake.
- Flip the pancakes after about 1 to 2 minutes to cook the other side. Remove them from the pan into a serving dish and take the pan off the heat.
- Let the pan cool for a couple of minutes, then, using a kitchen paper, wipe the residue from the pan. Then add another spoon of coconut oil or butter to cook your next batch. That way you avoid any burning your next batch and keep it clean and healthy for your toddler.
- While your toddler will enjoy the sweetness of the bananas and raisins, your older kids might like some honey or molasses over their warm pancakes.
Red Pepper Hummus Wrap
Turn CairoCooking's super healthy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus dip into a kid- friendly lunch box...
Grilled Veggie Rolls with Cashew Cheese
These veggie rolls are enriched with the creaminess of the cashew cheese. The combination of the...
Oozy Dark Chocolate Fondant
You know that fondant that you get addicted to at some restaurants and tend to go back to for...
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]