Hearty Sugar-Free Carrot Muffins
By yasmine • March 20, 2016
From 12 months.
These Carrot Muffins are yummy and heartwarming for the whole family. I make them for my 1 year and my 3 year old and they both indulge in it. The good news is that your babies will not need help feeding – they will just hold a piece and munch at it at their convenience (but a mess is guaranteed!)
You can add chopped nuts or raisins to this recipe (up to 1/2 cup) but I refrained in order to avoid any choking hazard. You can also garnish these muffins with a banana & nut-based sugar-free frosting (only for babies starting 12 months).
No mixer or blender is needed for this recipe – just use a whisk.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 2 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- ginger powder - بودرة جنزبيل
- pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- pinch salt - ملح
- 4 large carrots (peeled and shredded) - جزر
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1/2 cup raw honey (OR maple syrup, raw molasses, date syrup) - عسل نقي
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted OR virgin olive oil PLUS an extra tablespoon for greasing)) - زيت جوز الهند
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (about 100g) - زبادي
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 12 muffin tins with oil or butter combined with flour. You do not need to grease silicon tins or muffin paper.
- Whisk the eggs with oil, yoghurt, honey and vanilla extract until it is all combined and smooth. Set aside.
- Mix the flour with baking powder, salt and the rest of the spices. Add the shredded carrot and make sure it is mixed in properly.
- Stir the egg mix into the flour mix slowly. Make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Distribute the batter on 12 muffin tins - about 2 tablespoons dough per muffin. Place them in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes. If you're using a silicon muffin tray or muffin tins, make sure to place it/them on a metal tray before putting them in the oven. It'll make sure your muffins don't burn from the bottom.
- Remove from oven and let cool. After about 5 minutes, remove the muffins from the pans and let them cool on a wire rack. You may frost them now or eat like that.
Nutritious Cheesy Rosemary Crackers
الوصفة بالعربي Your house will smell like a bakery in the morning with these small...
Simplified Sayyadeya Fish
This fish sayyadeya casserole is perfect for a lazy summer day. The fish is tender and delicious...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.