Hearty Sugar-Free Carrot Muffins
By yasmine • March 20, 2016
From 12 months.
These Carrot Muffins are yummy and heartwarming for the whole family. I make them for my 1 year and my 3 year old and they both indulge in it. The good news is that your babies will not need help feeding – they will just hold a piece and munch at it at their convenience (but a mess is guaranteed!)
You can add chopped nuts or raisins to this recipe (up to 1/2 cup) but I refrained in order to avoid any choking hazard. You can also garnish these muffins with a banana & nut-based sugar-free frosting (only for babies starting 12 months).
No mixer or blender is needed for this recipe – just use a whisk.
For more toddler recipes, click here.
- 2 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- ginger powder - بودرة جنزبيل
- pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 2 teaspoon baking powder - باكينج باودر
- pinch salt - ملح
- 4 large carrots (peeled and shredded) - جزر
- 2 eggs - بيض
- 1/2 cup raw honey (OR maple syrup, raw molasses, date syrup) - عسل نقي
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted OR virgin olive oil PLUS an extra tablespoon for greasing)) - زيت جوز الهند
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract - خلاصة الفانيليا
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (about 100g) - زبادي
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 12 muffin tins with oil or butter combined with flour. You do not need to grease silicon tins or muffin paper.
- Whisk the eggs with oil, yoghurt, honey and vanilla extract until it is all combined and smooth. Set aside.
- Mix the flour with baking powder, salt and the rest of the spices. Add the shredded carrot and make sure it is mixed in properly.
- Stir the egg mix into the flour mix slowly. Make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Distribute the batter on 12 muffin tins - about 2 tablespoons dough per muffin. Place them in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes. If you're using a silicon muffin tray or muffin tins, make sure to place it/them on a metal tray before putting them in the oven. It'll make sure your muffins don't burn from the bottom.
- Remove from oven and let cool. After about 5 minutes, remove the muffins from the pans and let them cool on a wire rack. You may frost them now or eat like that.
Cheat Mango & Mint Pavlova
Nothing beats a home-made dessert when hosting a dinner party. With our Egyptian big impressive...
Duck & Rice Beraam
الوصفة بالعربي Rice “beraam” with meat or poultry is very famous in the Egyptian...
Fatta – Made Simple & Delicious
If you ever want to enter the world of Fatta, this is the recipe for you. It is simple and...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]