Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Vegetable Curry
By shahdan • January 25, 2016
This is a perfect vegetarian option especially when you need a break from regular proteins. With lots of fresh vegetables and exotic aromatic flavours, this dish is not only super nutritious, but it is also absolutely delicious. It will leave you craving for more!
- 2 large sweet potato - بطاطا
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
- 3 large garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 tablespoon curry - كاري
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/4 medium red chili pepper (finely chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 1 can coconut milk (200 ml) - لبن جوز الهند
- 3 cup cauliflower (florets) - قرنبيط
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked- or 1 can) - حمص
- 3 handful spinach (fresh leaves) - سبانخ
- 3 tablespoon coriander (fresh leaves) - كزبرة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Peel and chop the sweet potato. Cook for 10 minutes in boiling water until tender, but not too soft. Drain the water and set aside.
- In a pot or deep wok, heat oil and sauté onions for 5 minutes on medium heat until soft. Stir in minced garlic and fresh ginger.
- Add finely chopped chili peppers, turmeric, and a generous tablespoon of good quality curry powder. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets and mix for 2 minutes before you stir in the coconut milk.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer until cauliflower is tender but not too soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add chickpeas, sweet potato, and fresh spinach leaves. Cover and leave to simmer for another 3 minutes - until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Adjust salt and pepper, then add fresh coriander leaves to bring in extra freshness and aroma. Serve warm next to rice or alone.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home...
Pineapple Quinoa Salad
With the sweet taste of pineapple and the aroma of fresh mint leaves, this exotic quinoa salad...
The Homemade Burger Battle
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Click here...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.