Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Vegetable Curry
By shahdan • January 25, 2016
This is a perfect vegetarian option especially when you need a break from regular proteins. With lots of fresh vegetables and exotic aromatic flavours, this dish is not only super nutritious, but it is also absolutely delicious. It will leave you craving for more!
- 2 large sweet potato - بطاطا
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
- 3 large garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 tablespoon curry - كاري
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/4 medium red chili pepper (finely chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 1 can coconut milk (200 ml) - لبن جوز الهند
- 3 cup cauliflower (florets) - قرنبيط
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked- or 1 can) - حمص
- 3 handful spinach (fresh leaves) - سبانخ
- 3 tablespoon coriander (fresh leaves) - كزبرة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Peel and chop the sweet potato. Cook for 10 minutes in boiling water until tender, but not too soft. Drain the water and set aside.
- In a pot or deep wok, heat oil and sauté onions for 5 minutes on medium heat until soft. Stir in minced garlic and fresh ginger.
- Add finely chopped chili peppers, turmeric, and a generous tablespoon of good quality curry powder. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets and mix for 2 minutes before you stir in the coconut milk.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer until cauliflower is tender but not too soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add chickpeas, sweet potato, and fresh spinach leaves. Cover and leave to simmer for another 3 minutes - until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Adjust salt and pepper, then add fresh coriander leaves to bring in extra freshness and aroma. Serve warm next to rice or alone.
Green Caviar Dip
This recipe was a hit at one of my friend's gatherings and turns out she got this simple recipe...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.