Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Vegetable Curry
By shahdan • January 25, 2016
This is a perfect vegetarian option especially when you need a break from regular proteins. With lots of fresh vegetables and exotic aromatic flavours, this dish is not only super nutritious, but it is also absolutely delicious. It will leave you craving for more!
- 2 large sweet potato - بطاطا
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
- 3 large garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger (grated) - جنزبيل
- 1 tablespoon curry - كاري
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - كركم
- 1/4 medium red chili pepper (finely chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 1 can coconut milk (200 ml) - لبن جوز الهند
- 3 cup cauliflower (florets) - قرنبيط
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked- or 1 can) - حمص
- 3 handful spinach (fresh leaves) - سبانخ
- 3 tablespoon coriander (fresh leaves) - كزبرة
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Peel and chop the sweet potato. Cook for 10 minutes in boiling water until tender, but not too soft. Drain the water and set aside.
- In a pot or deep wok, heat oil and sauté onions for 5 minutes on medium heat until soft. Stir in minced garlic and fresh ginger.
- Add finely chopped chili peppers, turmeric, and a generous tablespoon of good quality curry powder. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets and mix for 2 minutes before you stir in the coconut milk.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer until cauliflower is tender but not too soft (about 10 minutes).
- Add chickpeas, sweet potato, and fresh spinach leaves. Cover and leave to simmer for another 3 minutes - until spinach is slightly wilted.
- Adjust salt and pepper, then add fresh coriander leaves to bring in extra freshness and aroma. Serve warm next to rice or alone.
Simple Chicken Curry
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without...
This is the lentil recipe that all your friends will want! My mom learned it from a friend, and...
الوصفة بالعربي A traditional Palestinian feast on a plate... The flavours and aroma...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]