Sweet Potato Dessert with Croquant
By CairoCooking • April 7, 2020
This Sweet Potato Dessert is a very special dish for special occasions. It is not a light one, but it will sure impress all your guests.
This is not our own recipe, it was passed on from a friend, but we tried, tested and loved!
- 2 kg sweet potato - بطاطا
- 150 gram butter - زبدة
- 3/4 cup sugar - سكر
- 1 cup sugar (for croquant) - سكر
Step by step
- Wash and bake whole sweet potatoes in 180C oven until soft. Leave until cool enough to handle.
- Use your hands to peel the sweet potatoes and place the flesh in a bowl. Add butter and sugar and mix well while sweet potato is still warm. Transfer to serving pyrex.
- For the croquant, place one cup sugar in. pot and heat until golden. Drizzle over the sweet potato to create a very thin layer (make sure this layer is thin enough because it will be crunchy.)
- Bake in a 170C oven for 30- 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold with ice cream or cream.
Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE...
Soy & Ginger Bulgur Salad
The soy & ginger bulgur is an exotic and tasty salad on its own, as well as a great side dish...
Summer Lime Karkadeh (Hibiscus)
Since Karkadeh is just consumed in Ramadan. I personally think it's the perfect summer drink of all...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]