Sweet Potato Dessert with Croquant
By CairoCooking • April 7, 2020
This Sweet Potato Dessert is a very special dish for special occasions. It is not a light one, but it will sure impress all your guests.
This is not our own recipe, it was passed on from a friend, but we tried, tested and loved!
- 2 kg sweet potato - بطاطا
- 150 gram butter - زبدة
- 3/4 cup sugar - سكر
- 1 cup sugar (for croquant) - سكر
Step by step
- Wash and bake whole sweet potatoes in 180C oven until soft. Leave until cool enough to handle.
- Use your hands to peel the sweet potatoes and place the flesh in a bowl. Add butter and sugar and mix well while sweet potato is still warm. Transfer to serving pyrex.
- For the croquant, place one cup sugar in. pot and heat until golden. Drizzle over the sweet potato to create a very thin layer (make sure this layer is thin enough because it will be crunchy.)
- Bake in a 170C oven for 30- 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold with ice cream or cream.
Crispy & Creamy Avocado Fries
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration with EasyPan.com. These...
Homemade Bounty Bars
This dessert is based on 3 ingredients only yet delicious and easy to prepare! Your kids will...
Chicken Livers with Pomegranate Molasses
This chicken liver recipe is delicious and easy to prepare in less than 30 minutes. It works as a...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]