Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Casserole
By Nour Naguib • February 8, 2016
Delicious homemade combo of sweet potato, crumble and roasted marshmallows with the crunch added from the pecans. A fiesta in your mouth!
- 1 kg sweet potato - بطاطا
- 2 whole egg - بيضة
- 1/4 cup sugar - سكر
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - سكر بني
- 1/4 cup butter (+2 tablespoons for crumbs) - زبدة
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 2 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 2 cup marshmallows - مارشمالو
- 1/4 cup milk - لبن
- 2 handful pecans - جوز أمريكي
Step by step
- Preheat to 180C, grease a baking dish and set aside.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 30-45 minutes until cooked through and soft from the inside. Keep oven on.
- Scoop out all the flesh of the cooked sweet potatoes, place it in a large bowl and mash until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup butter, milk, granulated sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar and mix to combine. Allow the mixture to sit and cool for a few minutes then stir in the eggs.
- To prepare the topping, add brown sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons butter to a medium bowl. Use a fork to mix the ingredients and break up the butter making sure it distributes well with the rest.
- Add sweet potato mixture to the baking dish, top with the crumbs topping followed by the pecans (optional). Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.
- Finally, scatter the mini marshmallows on top in a single layer, pop it back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until they puff up and develop some color on top. Serve warm.
Date & Almond Qatayef
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of...
Lemony Okra with Garlic & Coriander
This is one of my very favorite home recipes! Unlike the traditional okra cooked with tomato sauce,...
Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe...
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]
Sweet Potato Dessert with Croquant
This Sweet Potato Dessert is a very special dish for special occasions. It is not a light one, but it will sure impress all your guests. This is not our own recipe, it was passed on from a friend, but we tried, tested and loved!
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]