Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Casserole
By Nour Naguib • February 8, 2016
Delicious homemade combo of sweet potato, crumble and roasted marshmallows with the crunch added from the pecans. A fiesta in your mouth!
- 1 kg sweet potato - بطاطا
- 2 whole egg - بيضة
- 1/4 cup sugar - سكر
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - سكر بني
- 1/4 cup butter (+2 tablespoons for crumbs) - زبدة
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 2 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 2 cup marshmallows - مارشمالو
- 1/4 cup milk - لبن
- 2 handful pecans - جوز أمريكي
Step by step
- Preheat to 180C, grease a baking dish and set aside.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 30-45 minutes until cooked through and soft from the inside. Keep oven on.
- Scoop out all the flesh of the cooked sweet potatoes, place it in a large bowl and mash until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup butter, milk, granulated sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar and mix to combine. Allow the mixture to sit and cool for a few minutes then stir in the eggs.
- To prepare the topping, add brown sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons butter to a medium bowl. Use a fork to mix the ingredients and break up the butter making sure it distributes well with the rest.
- Add sweet potato mixture to the baking dish, top with the crumbs topping followed by the pecans (optional). Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.
- Finally, scatter the mini marshmallows on top in a single layer, pop it back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until they puff up and develop some color on top. Serve warm.
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish... Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served...
Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a...
Banana Peanut Butter Rolls
My son liked to dip bananas in peanut butter for breakfast, and one day he wanted to take to...
Sweet Potato Dessert with Croquant
This Sweet Potato Dessert is a very special dish for special occasions. It is not a light one, but it will sure impress all your guests. This is not our own recipe, it was passed on from a friend, but we tried, tested and loved!
Cinnamon Star Cookies
A childhood favorite, these cinnamon star cookies are a nutty, cinnamony and sweet treat for Christmas. It is also a lovely edible gift all year round. It will fill your house with heartwarming spice smells.
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]