Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Casserole
By Nour Naguib • February 8, 2016
Delicious homemade combo of sweet potato, crumble and roasted marshmallows with the crunch added from the pecans. A fiesta in your mouth!
- 1 kg sweet potato - بطاطا
- 2 whole egg - بيضة
- 1/4 cup sugar - سكر
- 1/2 cup brown sugar - سكر بني
- 1/4 cup butter (+2 tablespoons for crumbs) - زبدة
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 2 tablespoon flour - دقيق
- 2 cup marshmallows - مارشمالو
- 1/4 cup milk - لبن
- 2 handful pecans - جوز أمريكي
Step by step
- Preheat to 180C, grease a baking dish and set aside.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 30-45 minutes until cooked through and soft from the inside. Keep oven on.
- Scoop out all the flesh of the cooked sweet potatoes, place it in a large bowl and mash until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup butter, milk, granulated sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar and mix to combine. Allow the mixture to sit and cool for a few minutes then stir in the eggs.
- To prepare the topping, add brown sugar, flour and 2 tablespoons butter to a medium bowl. Use a fork to mix the ingredients and break up the butter making sure it distributes well with the rest.
- Add sweet potato mixture to the baking dish, top with the crumbs topping followed by the pecans (optional). Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.
- Finally, scatter the mini marshmallows on top in a single layer, pop it back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until they puff up and develop some color on top. Serve warm.
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater)...
Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes
The earthy flavour of lentils, the creaminess of goat cheese, and the sweetness of sun-dried...
Chewy Toffee & Nut On Biscuits
It is chewy from the toffee, crunchy from the bottom biscuit while the whole almonds give it a...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Classic 1-2-3-4 Marble Cake
Classic 1-2-3-4 cake is the first cake I learned to bake with my mother. As a child, I really appreciated the fact that the cake name helped me memorise and learn the basic cake proportions by heart: ONE for 1 cup milk and 1 cup butter, TWO for 2 cups sugar, THREE for 3 cups […]
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]