By shahdan • January 21, 2016
Sweet Couscous has always been a classic on my grandmother’s dessert table. As children, we used to eat it all the time. Sadly, nowadays, sweet couscous is rarely served and people opt for the more modern dishes.
Sweet couscous is simple, delightful, and prepared in less than 10 minutes. You can serve it with nuts like pistachios, almonds, and raisins. It is also yummy with cinnamon. However, I find the classic one, with just icing sugar, super comforting and delicious.
- 2 cup couscous - كسكسي
- 2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 2 1/2 cup boiling water - ماء ساخن
- icing sugar (to taste) - سكر بودرة
- nuts (to taste) - مكسرات
- cinnamon powder (optional) - قرفة
Step by step
- Boil water in the kettle.
- Place 2 cups of couscous in a big bowl. Add the butter. Using the same cup, measure 2.5 cups of boiling water and pour over the couscous and butter. Give it a quick stir, cover, and leave it to stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork, transfer to serving dish and dust it with icing sugar. Serve with extra icing sugar, nuts, and cinnamon on the side.
Easy, quick, and super nutritious! Re-invent the classic taboula with today's super seed:...
Thai Pumpkin Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This Thai Pumpkin Soup is delicious with depth of Asian flavors from...
Hearty Harira Soup
الوصفة بالعربي My parents lived in Algeria for a year before I was born. There, my...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]