Super Tasty Super Simple Asparagus
By yasmine • April 17, 2015
This is the type of recipe you will find yourself doing over and over again for your everyday meals or when you have people over cause it is easy and delicious – while paying respect to the this yummy and nutritious green vegetable.
- 500 gram asparagus - الهليون
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 drop hot chili sauce (optional) - صوص حار
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
Step by step
- Wash asparagus thoroughly and remove the lower (whitish) stem area with your hand. The part that will snap easy in your hand – that’s the only part you want to get rid of in the asparagus.
- Put the asparagus in boiling water for 5 minutes on the stove then remove it into ice or cold water to stop the cooking process and guarantee a nice green colour.
- Ten minutes before serving it, melt butter in a large pan on medium heat. Stir in the asparagus, salt and fresh ground pepper as well as garlic and hot sauce. Then drizzle the olive oil on top just before taking it off the stove.
- Don’t let the asparagus cook longer than 10 minutes so it stays al-dente and not overcooked.
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious...
Vermicelli with Almonds
Vermicelli with Almonds (she'reya) has always been an important dish on my family's dinner party-...
Most Aromatic Chicken Stock
There are lots of ways to preparing a good homemade chicken stock, yet this recipe must be the...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]