Super Tasty Super Simple Asparagus
By yasmine • April 17, 2015
This is the type of recipe you will find yourself doing over and over again for your everyday meals or when you have people over cause it is easy and delicious – while paying respect to the this yummy and nutritious green vegetable.
- 500 gram asparagus - الهليون
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 drop hot chili sauce (optional) - صوص حار
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
Step by step
- Wash asparagus thoroughly and remove the lower (whitish) stem area with your hand. The part that will snap easy in your hand – that’s the only part you want to get rid of in the asparagus.
- Put the asparagus in boiling water for 5 minutes on the stove then remove it into ice or cold water to stop the cooking process and guarantee a nice green colour.
- Ten minutes before serving it, melt butter in a large pan on medium heat. Stir in the asparagus, salt and fresh ground pepper as well as garlic and hot sauce. Then drizzle the olive oil on top just before taking it off the stove.
- Don’t let the asparagus cook longer than 10 minutes so it stays al-dente and not overcooked.
The Juiciest Shish Tawook
الوصفه بالعربي Simple, juicy, and full of flavour... This Shish Tawook recipe will...
Shami Chicken Fattah
An inherited original recipe from my Syrian/Lebanese in-laws. It is super easy, and can be served...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is...
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be prepared in advance and put in the lunchbox for work, or as a side dish for dinner.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.