Super Tasty Super Simple Asparagus
By yasmine • April 17, 2015
This is the type of recipe you will find yourself doing over and over again for your everyday meals or when you have people over cause it is easy and delicious – while paying respect to the this yummy and nutritious green vegetable.
- 500 gram asparagus - الهليون
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 drop hot chili sauce (optional) - صوص حار
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
Step by step
- Wash asparagus thoroughly and remove the lower (whitish) stem area with your hand. The part that will snap easy in your hand – that’s the only part you want to get rid of in the asparagus.
- Put the asparagus in boiling water for 5 minutes on the stove then remove it into ice or cold water to stop the cooking process and guarantee a nice green colour.
- Ten minutes before serving it, melt butter in a large pan on medium heat. Stir in the asparagus, salt and fresh ground pepper as well as garlic and hot sauce. Then drizzle the olive oil on top just before taking it off the stove.
- Don’t let the asparagus cook longer than 10 minutes so it stays al-dente and not overcooked.
Baked Kobeba Tray
This baked Kobeba tray recipe is a yummy Lebanese speciality made simple at home. Instead of...
Shami Chicken Fattah
An inherited original recipe from my Syrian/Lebanese in-laws. It is super easy, and can be served...
Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs in Mexican Chili Con Carne
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe won the #TheMeatCompete challenge. Find out more. As...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!