Super Tasty Super Simple Asparagus
By yasmine • April 17, 2015
This is the type of recipe you will find yourself doing over and over again for your everyday meals or when you have people over cause it is easy and delicious – while paying respect to the this yummy and nutritious green vegetable.
- 500 gram asparagus - الهليون
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 drop hot chili sauce (optional) - صوص حار
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
Step by step
- Wash asparagus thoroughly and remove the lower (whitish) stem area with your hand. The part that will snap easy in your hand – that’s the only part you want to get rid of in the asparagus.
- Put the asparagus in boiling water for 5 minutes on the stove then remove it into ice or cold water to stop the cooking process and guarantee a nice green colour.
- Ten minutes before serving it, melt butter in a large pan on medium heat. Stir in the asparagus, salt and fresh ground pepper as well as garlic and hot sauce. Then drizzle the olive oil on top just before taking it off the stove.
- Don’t let the asparagus cook longer than 10 minutes so it stays al-dente and not overcooked.
Roasted Thyme Chicken & Potatoes
الوصفة بالعربي Another popular Egyptian classic... A rustic oven dish with one whole...
Oozy Dark Chocolate Fondant
You know that fondant that you get addicted to at some restaurants and tend to go back to for...
Rolled Walnut Baklava
الوصفة بالعربي Perfect for entertaining, delicate and crispy, this rolled baklava is...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.