Succulent Beef Burger with Tahini
By shahdan • November 21, 2015
The homemade pickles and tahini make this burger so hard to resist! Juicy and full of flavour, this is a burger that will melt in your mouth! Indulgence in a bun!
For CairoCooking’s homemade pickles click here.
The recipe cooking time includes 30 minutes chilling time.
- 500 gram minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce - صوص ورشيسترشير
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 4 medium bread (burger buns) - خبز
- 6 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 3 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 cup water - ماء
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 16 slice pickled cucumber - خيار مخلل
- 4 leaves lettuce - خس
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Mix the beef with the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Divide the meat into 4 and shape each quarter into a round burger patty.
- Cover them, and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the tahini, stir in 6 tablespoons of tahini in a bowl, then add the vinegar and the lime. Keep adding water bit by bit while stirring, until you reach the right consistency. (Don't make it too runny.) Add cumin and salt to taste.
- To cook the burger, pat every burger with a little oil and season with a little salt. Heat your grilling pan and cook the burgers on medium heat for a few minutes on each side. Do not try to press the burger to flatten them, they will lose all their juices. It's also best to flip the burger only once.
- To build the burger, spread tahini on the bun base, add 2 slices of pickles followed by the hot burger. Pile more pickles, lettuce and tahini then add the bun top and press gently. Serve immediately.
Salmon with Cold Fresh Oriental Salsa
Inspired by the traditional fattoush, this out-of-the-box salmon dish is fresh, lemony and full of...
Cheesecake in a Cup
الوصفه بالعربي Dessert can never be this simple yet so heavenly! Every time I made...
Comforting Potato & Leek Soup
Potatoes and leeks are a match made in heaven. The creaminess of potatoes mixed with the mild...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]