Succulent Beef Burger with Tahini
By shahdan • November 21, 2015
The homemade pickles and tahini make this burger so hard to resist! Juicy and full of flavour, this is a burger that will melt in your mouth! Indulgence in a bun!
For CairoCooking’s homemade pickles click here.
The recipe cooking time includes 30 minutes chilling time.
- 500 gram minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce - صوص ورشيسترشير
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 4 medium bread (burger buns) - خبز
- 6 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 3 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 cup water - ماء
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 16 slice pickled cucumber - خيار مخلل
- 4 leaves lettuce - خس
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Mix the beef with the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Divide the meat into 4 and shape each quarter into a round burger patty.
- Cover them, and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the tahini, stir in 6 tablespoons of tahini in a bowl, then add the vinegar and the lime. Keep adding water bit by bit while stirring, until you reach the right consistency. (Don't make it too runny.) Add cumin and salt to taste.
- To cook the burger, pat every burger with a little oil and season with a little salt. Heat your grilling pan and cook the burgers on medium heat for a few minutes on each side. Do not try to press the burger to flatten them, they will lose all their juices. It's also best to flip the burger only once.
- To build the burger, spread tahini on the bun base, add 2 slices of pickles followed by the hot burger. Pile more pickles, lettuce and tahini then add the bun top and press gently. Serve immediately.
Classic Lentils To Die For
A beautiful and filling Sohour dish, these delicious lentils always get the most attention on any...
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
The Charlotte Cake
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits! Recipe by Mai...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]