Succulent Beef Burger with Tahini
By shahdan • November 21, 2015
The homemade pickles and tahini make this burger so hard to resist! Juicy and full of flavour, this is a burger that will melt in your mouth! Indulgence in a bun!
For CairoCooking’s homemade pickles click here.
The recipe cooking time includes 30 minutes chilling time.
- 500 gram minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce - صوص ورشيسترشير
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 4 medium bread (burger buns) - خبز
- 6 tablespoon tahini - طحينة
- 3 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 1 small lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/2 cup water - ماء
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 16 slice pickled cucumber - خيار مخلل
- 4 leaves lettuce - خس
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
Step by step
- Mix the beef with the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Divide the meat into 4 and shape each quarter into a round burger patty.
- Cover them, and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the tahini, stir in 6 tablespoons of tahini in a bowl, then add the vinegar and the lime. Keep adding water bit by bit while stirring, until you reach the right consistency. (Don't make it too runny.) Add cumin and salt to taste.
- To cook the burger, pat every burger with a little oil and season with a little salt. Heat your grilling pan and cook the burgers on medium heat for a few minutes on each side. Do not try to press the burger to flatten them, they will lose all their juices. It's also best to flip the burger only once.
- To build the burger, spread tahini on the bun base, add 2 slices of pickles followed by the hot burger. Pile more pickles, lettuce and tahini then add the bun top and press gently. Serve immediately.
Minted Zucchini Soup
الوصفة بالعربي Even those who don't eat zucchini, will fall in love with this...
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Not just an incredible dip and appetiser, this hummus is great for kids not just with a sweetness...
Roasted Beets & Carrot Soup
الوصفة بالعربي In season, summer root vegetables marry well together, creating a...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]