Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
By Alia El Askalany • February 5, 2019
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other?
My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes.
It also wouldn’t let you sweat in the kitchen, since it is incredibly fast and easy to prepare.
Recipe by Alia El Askalany – also check out her Steak & Avocado Salad
- 500 gram whipping cream - كريمة للخفق
- 200 gram sugar (about 1 cup) - سكر
- 2 kg strawberries (quartered) - فراولة
- 200 gram Assaleya (roughly chopped)
- edible flowers (optional for garnish)
Step by step
- Use an electric mixer to whisk whipping cream and sugar into a stiff and thick consistency (about 5 minutes). Place in the fridge until used.
- To serve, layer a bit of the cream at the bottom of a large serving bowl, top with the Assaleya crumble and then layer with strawberries. Repeat for another layer making sure you garnish with whole or crumbled Assaleya and edible flowers.
- If you're not going to serve right away, just keep it in the fridge and top with the flowers and Assaleya right before you serve.
Morning Booster: Creamy Porridge with Fruits
What’s healthier and more filling than a bowl of creamy oats and fruits for...
Baked Salmon with Fresh Herbs
In the kitchen, I'm a fan of rich flavor, but more important than that - an easy recipe, like this...
Originally a traditional Russian dish, Beef Stroganoff is always a crowd pleaser! It is easy to...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]