Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
By Alia El Askalany • February 5, 2019
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other?
My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes.
It also wouldn’t let you sweat in the kitchen, since it is incredibly fast and easy to prepare.
Recipe by Alia El Askalany – also check out her Steak & Avocado Salad
- 500 gram whipping cream - كريمة للخفق
- 200 gram sugar (about 1 cup) - سكر
- 2 kg strawberries (quartered) - فراولة
- 200 gram Assaleya (roughly chopped)
- edible flowers (optional for garnish)
Step by step
- Use an electric mixer to whisk whipping cream and sugar into a stiff and thick consistency (about 5 minutes). Place in the fridge until used.
- To serve, layer a bit of the cream at the bottom of a large serving bowl, top with the Assaleya crumble and then layer with strawberries. Repeat for another layer making sure you garnish with whole or crumbled Assaleya and edible flowers.
- If you're not going to serve right away, just keep it in the fridge and top with the flowers and Assaleya right before you serve.
Japanese Beef & Spinach Rice Wraps: Soboro Onigirazu
This recipe is an entry to the #TheMeatCompete challenge which closes Dec 5, 2015. Click here to...
There is no other name for it! No dictionary has been able to translate this succulent sweet...
Creamy Banana Almond Ice Cream
Peel and break the bananas into quarters and freeze for at least 12 hours before making this...
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!
Oven-Baked Fish with Potatoes
الوصفة بالعربي The beauty of this homemade oven-baked fish lies in its simplicity. Unlike most ready-cooked fish dishes in Egypt that use many herbs and spices, this marinade is very basic which allows you to enjoy the pure and delicious taste of white fish meat. I am using sea bream fish (دنيس), yet you can […]
This Moussaka is irresistibly delicious, without the extra calories. The eggplants are oven-roasted not fried. This doesn’t take away from the taste, on the contrary, the eggplants are more flavourful and rich here. Because cooking moussaka is a lengthy process with many different components, I like to shortcut my way to this delicious dish using […]