Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
By Alia El Askalany • February 5, 2019
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other?
My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes.
It also wouldn’t let you sweat in the kitchen, since it is incredibly fast and easy to prepare.
Recipe by Alia El Askalany – also check out her Steak & Avocado Salad
- 500 gram whipping cream - كريمة للخفق
- 200 gram sugar (about 1 cup) - سكر
- 2 kg strawberries (quartered) - فراولة
- 200 gram Assaleya (roughly chopped)
- edible flowers (optional for garnish)
Step by step
- Use an electric mixer to whisk whipping cream and sugar into a stiff and thick consistency (about 5 minutes). Place in the fridge until used.
- To serve, layer a bit of the cream at the bottom of a large serving bowl, top with the Assaleya crumble and then layer with strawberries. Repeat for another layer making sure you garnish with whole or crumbled Assaleya and edible flowers.
- If you're not going to serve right away, just keep it in the fridge and top with the flowers and Assaleya right before you serve.
Labna & Dukka Baladi Sandwich
Such a simple day to day sandwich. You can have the filling prepared and ready in the fridge for a...
Creamy Chicken Mushroom with Spinach & Corn
Creamy Chicken Mushroom is always a crowd pleaser and a hearty home-cooked dish. The spinach...
Fruit & Oats Cinnamon Nibbling Cake
From 12 months. Everyone loves cake. It is comforting, sweet and soft to the taste. Toddlers at...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]