Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
By Alia El Askalany • February 5, 2019
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other?
My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes.
It also wouldn’t let you sweat in the kitchen, since it is incredibly fast and easy to prepare.
Recipe by Alia El Askalany – also check out her Steak & Avocado Salad
- 500 gram whipping cream - كريمة للخفق
- 200 gram sugar (about 1 cup) - سكر
- 2 kg strawberries (quartered) - فراولة
- 200 gram Assaleya (roughly chopped)
- edible flowers (optional for garnish)
Step by step
- Use an electric mixer to whisk whipping cream and sugar into a stiff and thick consistency (about 5 minutes). Place in the fridge until used.
- To serve, layer a bit of the cream at the bottom of a large serving bowl, top with the Assaleya crumble and then layer with strawberries. Repeat for another layer making sure you garnish with whole or crumbled Assaleya and edible flowers.
- If you're not going to serve right away, just keep it in the fridge and top with the flowers and Assaleya right before you serve.
Sweet Strawberry Tart with Homemade Custard
The taste and delicacy of this tart will remind you of the famous French Mille-feuille - only...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking...
Baked Kobeba Tray
This baked Kobeba tray recipe is a yummy Lebanese speciality made simple at home. Instead of...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]