Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
By Alia El Askalany • February 5, 2019
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other?
My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes.
It also wouldn’t let you sweat in the kitchen, since it is incredibly fast and easy to prepare.
Recipe by Alia El Askalany – also check out her Steak & Avocado Salad
- 500 gram whipping cream - كريمة للخفق
- 200 gram sugar (about 1 cup) - سكر
- 2 kg strawberries (quartered) - فراولة
- 200 gram Assaleya (roughly chopped)
- edible flowers (optional for garnish)
Step by step
- Use an electric mixer to whisk whipping cream and sugar into a stiff and thick consistency (about 5 minutes). Place in the fridge until used.
- To serve, layer a bit of the cream at the bottom of a large serving bowl, top with the Assaleya crumble and then layer with strawberries. Repeat for another layer making sure you garnish with whole or crumbled Assaleya and edible flowers.
- If you're not going to serve right away, just keep it in the fridge and top with the flowers and Assaleya right before you serve.
Cheesy Steaks with Cream Mushroom Sauce
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. An easy flavorful...
Crunchy Asian Salad
Refreshing, crunchy and full of flavour! This is the salad to choose when you are serving Asian...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]