Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
By shahdan • December 15, 2019
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
- 6 piece steak (rib eye, or beef fillets) - شريحة لحم
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
Step by step
- Take steaks from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Pat dry, then rub with a little olive oil on all sides and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan until very hot. Sear steak (in batches) for a few minutes on each side until you reach the desired doneness.
- Keep cooked steak covered (with foil) to rest until the whole batch is cooked.
- In the same pan, lower heat and add butter and cooking cream. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the pan. Add Dijon mustard and stir until sauce comes together. Pour in the remaining juices from the steak, stir, and adjust seasoning.
- Slice the rested steak into strips and serve next to French fries and the creamy mustard sauce on the side. Serve immediately.
Light One-Pot Okra
This is the vegan version of my mother's 'nayy fe nayy bamia'. While she uses stock, I like to...
Roasted Zucchini with Garlic & Herbs
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the tastiest. This is a quick and easy side dish that will have...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time....
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]