Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
By shahdan • December 15, 2019
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
- 6 piece steak (rib eye, or beef fillets) - شريحة لحم
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
Step by step
- Take steaks from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Pat dry, then rub with a little olive oil on all sides and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan until very hot. Sear steak (in batches) for a few minutes on each side until you reach the desired doneness.
- Keep cooked steak covered (with foil) to rest until the whole batch is cooked.
- In the same pan, lower heat and add butter and cooking cream. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the pan. Add Dijon mustard and stir until sauce comes together. Pour in the remaining juices from the steak, stir, and adjust seasoning.
- Slice the rested steak into strips and serve next to French fries and the creamy mustard sauce on the side. Serve immediately.
Sun-dried Tomato Hummus with Basil
Everyone's favourite hummus dip, only a lot tastier with yummy sundried tomatoes and fragrant...
Caramelized Almonds Covered with Dark Chocolate
Three ingredients and you have your own customized chocolate bites... you can prepare them for your...
The Freshest Greens-Based Stock
This recipe is based on my daily green juice greens and veggies. This stock can be used when...
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]