Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
By shahdan • December 15, 2019
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
- 6 piece steak (rib eye, or beef fillets) - شريحة لحم
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
Step by step
- Take steaks from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Pat dry, then rub with a little olive oil on all sides and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan until very hot. Sear steak (in batches) for a few minutes on each side until you reach the desired doneness.
- Keep cooked steak covered (with foil) to rest until the whole batch is cooked.
- In the same pan, lower heat and add butter and cooking cream. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the pan. Add Dijon mustard and stir until sauce comes together. Pour in the remaining juices from the steak, stir, and adjust seasoning.
- Slice the rested steak into strips and serve next to French fries and the creamy mustard sauce on the side. Serve immediately.
Yummy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
الوصفة بالعربي This is a super cheerful breakfast for fun family mornings! These...
Barbecue Marinated Grilled Chicken
الوصفه بالعربي Simple recipes do go a long way! This is one simple chicken marinade...
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]