Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
By shahdan • December 15, 2019
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
- 6 piece steak (rib eye, or beef fillets) - شريحة لحم
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- black pepper (to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard - مسطردة ديجون
Step by step
- Take steaks from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Pat dry, then rub with a little olive oil on all sides and season with salt & pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan until very hot. Sear steak (in batches) for a few minutes on each side until you reach the desired doneness.
- Keep cooked steak covered (with foil) to rest until the whole batch is cooked.
- In the same pan, lower heat and add butter and cooking cream. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits from the pan. Add Dijon mustard and stir until sauce comes together. Pour in the remaining juices from the steak, stir, and adjust seasoning.
- Slice the rested steak into strips and serve next to French fries and the creamy mustard sauce on the side. Serve immediately.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND...
Grilled Veggies & Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Nutrient-dense and antioxidant-rich delicious salad with a mix of grilled vegetables,...
Most Aromatic Chicken Stock
There are lots of ways to preparing a good homemade chicken stock, yet this recipe must be the...
Chicken & Chickpea Fatta
Flavourful chicken slices and lemony chickpeas are served over a bed of sumac-seasoned crispy bread and covered with a rich garlicky yoghurt-tahini sauce. This is an easy yet super tasty version of everyone’s favourite fatta. For best results, make sure the yoghurt is at room temperature before assembling the dish. This will ensure that the […]
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]