Spinach & Minced Beef Hawawshi
By CairoCooking • September 8, 2016
Nothing in your child’s lunchbox can be compared to a full meal, like this Spinach and Minced Beef Hawawshi Recipe. Crispy from the outside with a delicious filling, this oriental-style sandwich will impress your child.
The falahy balady bread is the perfect size for a Hawawshi that can last a couple of days. The bread also turned really nice and crispy from the oven.
- 1 baladi bread (cut in half) - خبز بلدي/ مصري
- 1/4 minced meat - لحم مفروم
- 1 small onions - بصل
- 3 tablespoon tomato sauce - صلصة طماطم
- 1 handful baby spinach (shredded) - سبانخ صغيرة
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice - بهارات
- 2 tablespoon ghee (melted OR butter) - سمن بلدي
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a round or rectangular oven tray with parchement.
- In a medium bowl, mix minced meat with minced onions, shredded spinach, tomato puree, all spice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Slice baladi bread in half and open it to stuff it with the minced meat mix. Make sure to distribute the mix evenly between the two baladi bread layers.
- Place the two stuffed bread halves on the oven tray. Brush all bread sides with the melted ghee.
- Place the tray in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes, turning the Hawawshi halfway through. Let it cool before you slice it to fit your lunchbox.
Soft Shrimp Rolls
This is such an easy and convenient recipe that you can prepare for the guests you want...
Fig & Pomegranate Green Salad
With fresh healthy greens, sweet figs and super nutritious pomegranates, this extremely easy to...
Oven-Baked Fish with Potatoes
الوصفة بالعربي The beauty of this homemade oven-baked fish lies in its simplicity....
Cheat Zaatar Mana’ish
We like to call it ‘cheat’ Mana’ish because this is definitely not the original recipe, however it is a super quick hassle-free variation without compromising on the delicious flavours… The dough does not need any resting time. Just bring it together, roll it out into your favourite shape and size, add your favourite topping and […]
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins
Perfect for our daily chocolate cravings, these (refined-sugar-free) Tahini & Banana Chocolate Muffins are not only moist and rich, but they also carry lots of clean & healthy ingredients inside them. They make the perfect snack for grown-ups and kids alike. This recipe is super easy to prepare, because all the ingredients are simply mixed […]