Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 20, 2016
Photo Credit: Yehia ElAlaily
The Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup can be garnished with shrimps on top and enjoyed spicy. It is super tasty and perfect for hot summer days and any guilt free eating plan.
- 8 large cucumber (peeled, deseeded & chopped) - خيار
- 2 avocado (coarsely chopped) - أفوكادو
- 2 teaspoon green curry paste - صلصة الكارى الخضراء
- 2 teaspoon raw honey - عسل نقي
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest (grated) - قشر الليمون
- 1 red chili pepper (deseeded & chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 370 ml coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 16 medium shrimp (shelled & deveined) - جمبري
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (for garnish) - رقائق جوز الهند
- 10 sprig cilantro (for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a food processor, puree peeled cucumbers until smooth.
- Add avocados cubes, curry paste, honey, lemon zest & chili. Pulse until blended.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water, coconut milk & lime juice & pulse again until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled (about 15-30 minutes).
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive and add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, toast the coconut over low heat, stirring a few times, until lightly browned and crisp (about 3 minutes). Set aside.
- Ladle the soup into small bowls or cups, garnish with the shrimps, toasted coconut flakes and cilantro.
Banana Chocolate Wheat Cakes Toasties
The Banana Honey-based Chocolate Wheat Cakes Toasties are an incredibly nutritious yet sweet...
Vegetable Glass Noodles
Who wouldn't like a bowl of Asian Glass noodles with luscious fresh vegetables? It is perfect and...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]