Spicy Avocado Cucumber Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 20, 2016
The avocado cucumber soup can be garnished with shrimps on top and enjoyed spicy. Super delicious, it is perfect for hot summer days and any guilt free eating plan.
- 8 large cucumber (peeled, seeded & chopped) - خيار
- 2 avocado (coarsely chopped) - أفوكادو
- 2 teaspoon green curry paste - صلصة الكارى الخضراء
- 2 teaspoon raw honey - عسل نقي
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest (grated) - قشر الليمون
- 1 red chili pepper (seeded & chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 370 ml coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 16 medium shrimp (shelled & deveined) - جمبري
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (for garnish) - رقائق جوز الهند
- 10 sprig cilantro (for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a food processor, puree the cucumbers until smooth.
- Add the avocados, curry paste, honey, lime zest & chile. Process until blended.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water, coconut milk & lime juice & process until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 15 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil until shimmering. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, toast the coconut over low heat, stirring a few times, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Ladle the soup into small bowls or cups, garnish with the shrimps, toasted coconut flakes and cilantro sprigs and serve.
Crunchy Asian Salad
Refreshing, crunchy and full of flavour! This is the salad to choose when you are serving Asian...
Not your traditional Fatta dish, this Chicken Shawerma Fatta will definitely impress the crowd,...
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.