Spicy Avocado Cucumber Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 20, 2016
The avocado cucumber soup can be garnished with shrimps on top and enjoyed spicy. Super delicious, it is perfect for hot summer days and any guilt free eating plan.
- 8 large cucumber (peeled, seeded & chopped) - خيار
- 2 avocado (coarsely chopped) - أفوكادو
- 2 teaspoon green curry paste - صلصة الكارى الخضراء
- 2 teaspoon raw honey - عسل نقي
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest (grated) - قشر الليمون
- 1 red chili pepper (seeded & chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 370 ml coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 16 medium shrimp (shelled & deveined) - جمبري
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (for garnish) - رقائق جوز الهند
- 10 sprig cilantro (for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a food processor, puree the cucumbers until smooth.
- Add the avocados, curry paste, honey, lime zest & chile. Process until blended.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water, coconut milk & lime juice & process until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 15 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil until shimmering. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, toast the coconut over low heat, stirring a few times, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Ladle the soup into small bowls or cups, garnish with the shrimps, toasted coconut flakes and cilantro sprigs and serve.
Classic Mahalabeya (Milk Pudding)
This is an easy straight-forward recipe for classic Mahalabeya. The cream is essential because it...
Lovely Lentils Simplified
From 9 months. The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very...
The Rice-Meatball Fatta
الوصفه بالعربي Turn CairoCooking's Baked Rice Meatballs into an exciting...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.