Spicy Avocado Cucumber Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 20, 2016
The avocado cucumber soup can be garnished with shrimps on top and enjoyed spicy. Super delicious, it is perfect for hot summer days and any guilt free eating plan.
- 8 large cucumber (peeled, seeded & chopped) - خيار
- 2 avocado (coarsely chopped) - أفوكادو
- 2 teaspoon green curry paste - صلصة الكارى الخضراء
- 2 teaspoon raw honey - عسل نقي
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest (grated) - قشر الليمون
- 1 red chili pepper (seeded & chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 370 ml coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 16 medium shrimp (shelled & deveined) - جمبري
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (for garnish) - رقائق جوز الهند
- 10 sprig cilantro (for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a food processor, puree the cucumbers until smooth.
- Add the avocados, curry paste, honey, lime zest & chile. Process until blended.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water, coconut milk & lime juice & process until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 15 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil until shimmering. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, toast the coconut over low heat, stirring a few times, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Ladle the soup into small bowls or cups, garnish with the shrimps, toasted coconut flakes and cilantro sprigs and serve.
Traditional Macaroni Béchamel
No matter how creative we cook, a classic macaroni béchamel will always be a family favourite!...
Classic Egyptian Belila
Nothing beats a warm bowl of belila with coconut and nuts! The ultimate winter comfort...
This is the lentil recipe that all your friends will want! My mom learned it from a friend, and...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!