Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 20, 2016
Photo Credit: Yehia ElAlaily
The Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup can be garnished with shrimps on top and enjoyed spicy. It is super tasty and perfect for hot summer days and any guilt free eating plan.
- 8 large cucumber (peeled, deseeded & chopped) - خيار
- 2 avocado (coarsely chopped) - أفوكادو
- 2 teaspoon green curry paste - صلصة الكارى الخضراء
- 2 teaspoon raw honey - عسل نقي
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest (grated) - قشر الليمون
- 1 red chili pepper (deseeded & chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 370 ml coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 2 lime (juiced) - ليمون بلدي
- 16 medium shrimp (shelled & deveined) - جمبري
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (for garnish) - رقائق جوز الهند
- 10 sprig cilantro (for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a food processor, puree peeled cucumbers until smooth.
- Add avocados cubes, curry paste, honey, lemon zest & chili. Pulse until blended.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water, coconut milk & lime juice & pulse again until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled (about 15-30 minutes).
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive and add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, toast the coconut over low heat, stirring a few times, until lightly browned and crisp (about 3 minutes). Set aside.
- Ladle the soup into small bowls or cups, garnish with the shrimps, toasted coconut flakes and cilantro.
Tasty Cauliflower Rice
This Tasty Cauliflower Rice is the best healthy replacement for rice. No one will believe this is...
Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini,...
Homemade Roast Beef Toasties
The key to preparing these healthy kid-friendly lunchbox toasties, is to use a cucumber peeler to...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]