Spicy Avocado Cucumber Soup
By Shewekar Elgharably • May 20, 2016
The avocado cucumber soup can be garnished with shrimps on top and enjoyed spicy. Super delicious, it is perfect for hot summer days and any guilt free eating plan.
- 8 large cucumber (peeled, seeded & chopped) - خيار
- 2 avocado (coarsely chopped) - أفوكادو
- 2 teaspoon green curry paste - صلصة الكارى الخضراء
- 2 teaspoon raw honey - عسل نقي
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest (grated) - قشر الليمون
- 1 red chili pepper (seeded & chopped) - فلفل أحمر حار
- 370 ml coconut milk - لبن جوز الهند
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 16 medium shrimp (shelled & deveined) - جمبري
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (for garnish) - رقائق جوز الهند
- 10 sprig cilantro (for garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- In a food processor, puree the cucumbers until smooth.
- Add the avocados, curry paste, honey, lime zest & chile. Process until blended.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water, coconut milk & lime juice & process until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 15 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil until shimmering. Add shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, toast the coconut over low heat, stirring a few times, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Ladle the soup into small bowls or cups, garnish with the shrimps, toasted coconut flakes and cilantro sprigs and serve.
The Simplest Renga Baladi
Such a simple and tasty recipe that takes us back to our childhood and still makes an amazing...
Simple Greens Chicken Broth
Nothing can replace a good homemade chicken broth. Prepare it in large quantities, freeze it, and...
Spinach & Minced Beef Hawawshi
Nothing in your child's lunchbox can be compared to a full meal, like this Spinach and Minced Beef...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]