Special Minty Zucchini
By yasmine • November 12, 2015
This is a simple yet delicious vegetable dish using ingredients available in your pantry for everyday cooking. It’s a fresh change to the traditional tomato-based zucchini. The Minted Zucchini is also a tasty dish for those detoxing or refraining from protein and carbs. Otherwise, serve it with your favorite protein and rice for a complete meal.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR 1 tablsepoon olive oil & 1 tablespoon butter) - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 kg zucchini (cut in half circles) - كوسة
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (or vegetable stock) - مرقة دجاج
- 11/2 tablespoon dried mint (OR 5 sprigs fresh mint chopped) - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
Step by step
- On medium heat, add olive oil and butter to a casserole and sauté the onions until translucent (about 8 minutes) - don't let it darken.
- Add minced garlic followed by sliced zucchini, salt and pepper. Stir well for a couple of minutes.
- Add warm broth and bring it to a boil. Put heat down, cover the casserole and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Add mint and let it cook for another 3 minutes. Serve warm with rice or crispy bread.
الوصفه بالعربي This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes...
Smoked Salmon, Radish & Avocado Salad
Some delicious dishes are just too easy to prepare, like this family favorite Salmon & Avocado...
Grilled Veggie Rolls with Cashew Cheese
These veggie rolls are enriched with the creaminess of the cashew cheese. The combination of the...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]