Special Minty Zucchini
By yasmine • November 12, 2015
This is a simple yet delicious vegetable dish using ingredients available in your pantry for everyday cooking. It’s a fresh change to the traditional tomato-based zucchini. The Minted Zucchini is also a tasty dish for those detoxing or refraining from protein and carbs. Otherwise, serve it with your favorite protein and rice for a complete meal.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR 1 tablsepoon olive oil & 1 tablespoon butter) - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 kg zucchini (cut in half circles) - كوسة
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (or vegetable stock) - مرقة دجاج
- 11/2 tablespoon dried mint (OR 5 sprigs fresh mint chopped) - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
Step by step
- On medium heat, add olive oil and butter to a casserole and sauté the onions until translucent (about 8 minutes) - don't let it darken.
- Add minced garlic followed by sliced zucchini, salt and pepper. Stir well for a couple of minutes.
- Add warm broth and bring it to a boil. Put heat down, cover the casserole and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Add mint and let it cook for another 3 minutes. Serve warm with rice or crispy bread.
Dutch Tuna Salad
This is a very famous tuna mix in Holland. When you go to any lunch place and ask for a tuna...
Yellow Cornmeal Orange Cake
Our grandmas’ time, this recipe was as famous as a cheesecake today. Every house had its own...
Succulent Beef Burger with Tahini
الوصفة بالعربي The homemade pickles and tahini make this burger so hard to...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.