Special Minty Zucchini
By yasmine • November 12, 2015
This is a simple yet delicious vegetable dish using ingredients available in your pantry for everyday cooking. It’s a fresh change to the traditional tomato-based zucchini. The Minted Zucchini is also a tasty dish for those detoxing or refraining from protein and carbs. Otherwise, serve it with your favorite protein and rice for a complete meal.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR 1 tablsepoon olive oil & 1 tablespoon butter) - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 kg zucchini (cut in half circles) - كوسة
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (or vegetable stock) - مرقة دجاج
- 11/2 tablespoon dried mint (OR 5 sprigs fresh mint chopped) - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
Step by step
- On medium heat, add olive oil and butter to a casserole and sauté the onions until translucent (about 8 minutes) - don't let it darken.
- Add minced garlic followed by sliced zucchini, salt and pepper. Stir well for a couple of minutes.
- Add warm broth and bring it to a boil. Put heat down, cover the casserole and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Add mint and let it cook for another 3 minutes. Serve warm with rice or crispy bread.
Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Vegetable Curry
This is a perfect vegetarian option especially when you need a break from regular proteins. With...
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids...
Boneless Wings and Blue-Cheese-Ranch Slaw Burrito
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish competition in collaboration...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]