Special Minty Zucchini
By yasmine • November 12, 2015
This is a simple yet delicious vegetable dish using ingredients available in your pantry for everyday cooking. It’s a fresh change to the traditional tomato-based zucchini. The Minted Zucchini is also a tasty dish for those detoxing or refraining from protein and carbs. Otherwise, serve it with your favorite protein and rice for a complete meal.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR 1 tablsepoon olive oil & 1 tablespoon butter) - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 kg zucchini (cut in half circles) - كوسة
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (or vegetable stock) - مرقة دجاج
- 11/2 tablespoon dried mint (OR 5 sprigs fresh mint chopped) - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
Step by step
- On medium heat, add olive oil and butter to a casserole and sauté the onions until translucent (about 8 minutes) - don't let it darken.
- Add minced garlic followed by sliced zucchini, salt and pepper. Stir well for a couple of minutes.
- Add warm broth and bring it to a boil. Put heat down, cover the casserole and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Add mint and let it cook for another 3 minutes. Serve warm with rice or crispy bread.
Chicken Livers with Pomegranate Molasses
This chicken livers recipe is delicious and easy to prepare in less than 30 minutes. It works as a...
Quick Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Transform everyday ingredients such as chicken, carrots and broccoli into an elegant and super...
Basterma Green Salad
This salad will definitely go on your favorites list if you are a basterma fan. I served it once...
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!