Special Minty Zucchini
By yasmine • November 12, 2015
This is a simple yet delicious vegetable dish using ingredients available in your pantry for everyday cooking. It’s a fresh change to the traditional tomato-based zucchini. The Minted Zucchini is also a tasty dish for those detoxing or refraining from protein and carbs. Otherwise, serve it with your favorite protein and rice for a complete meal.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR 1 tablsepoon olive oil & 1 tablespoon butter) - زيت زيتون
- 1 large onion (minced) - بصلة
- 2 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 kg zucchini (cut in half circles) - كوسة
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock (or vegetable stock) - مرقة دجاج
- 11/2 tablespoon dried mint (OR 5 sprigs fresh mint chopped) - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
Step by step
- On medium heat, add olive oil and butter to a casserole and sauté the onions until translucent (about 8 minutes) - don't let it darken.
- Add minced garlic followed by sliced zucchini, salt and pepper. Stir well for a couple of minutes.
- Add warm broth and bring it to a boil. Put heat down, cover the casserole and let it simmer for 15 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Add mint and let it cook for another 3 minutes. Serve warm with rice or crispy bread.
Chicken Strips with Pickled Lemon Sauce
الوصفة بالعربي A new take on chicken that is not just lovely when you're cooking for...
Most Aromatic Chicken Stock
There are lots of ways to preparing a good homemade chicken stock, yet this recipe must be the...
Creamy Avocado Hummus
Healthy, nutritious and full of delicious flavours, the Creamy Avocado Hummus dip will be your new...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
الوصفة بالعربي If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!