Soy & Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
By shahdan • October 13, 2015
This luscious chicken stir-fry dish is easy, delicious and packed with healthy vegetables! You can make it your own by choosing your very favourite vegetable combinations. You may use broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots, bok choy, cabbage… You may also replace the cashews with toasted sesame seeds.
- 650 gram chicken breast fillet (around 4 fillets) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 200 gram snap peas - البسلة السكرية
- 1 large red pepper - فلفل أحمر
- 5 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger (peeled and grated) - جنزبيل
- 4 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 8 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 3 tablespoon water - ماء
- 3 teaspoon sugar (preferably brown sugar) - سكر
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 handful cashew nuts - الكاجو
Step by step
- Cut the chicken into thin strips, season with black pepper and garlic powder, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- To prepare the veggies, cut the red pepper into strips, and cut every spring onion into two lengthwise then chop diagonally. Leave the snap peas whole, if using any.
- Combine the soy sauce with the water and sugar and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry the chicken over high heat until golden and cooked through. Remove from the wok, cover and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat another tablespoon of olive oil then add the ginger and crushed garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds before you add the veggies. Stir fry for another 2 minutes, then return the chicken and stir in the soy mixture.
- Lower the heat and leave the chicken to simmer for further 2 minutes. Add the cashews, sesame oil and more black pepper if needed, toss together, and serve!
There is no other name for it! No dictionary has been able to translate this succulent sweet...
Chewy Toffee & Nut On Biscuits
It is chewy from the toffee, crunchy from the bottom biscuit while the whole almonds give it a...
Quick Homemade Pizza
You only need three main ingredients, (and about five minutes) to prepare this pizza dough for the...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]