Soy & Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
By shahdan • October 13, 2015
This luscious chicken stir-fry dish is easy, delicious and packed with healthy vegetables! You can make it your own by choosing your very favourite vegetable combinations. You may use broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots, bok choy, cabbage… You may also replace the cashews with toasted sesame seeds.
- 650 gram chicken breast fillet (around 4 fillets) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 200 gram snap peas - البسلة السكرية
- 1 large red pepper - فلفل أحمر
- 5 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger (peeled and grated) - جنزبيل
- 4 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 8 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 3 tablespoon water - ماء
- 3 teaspoon sugar (preferably brown sugar) - سكر
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 handful cashew nuts - الكاجو
Step by step
- Cut the chicken into thin strips, season with black pepper and garlic powder, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- To prepare the veggies, cut the red pepper into strips, and cut every spring onion into two lengthwise then chop diagonally. Leave the snap peas whole, if using any.
- Combine the soy sauce with the water and sugar and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry the chicken over high heat until golden and cooked through. Remove from the wok, cover and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat another tablespoon of olive oil then add the ginger and crushed garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds before you add the veggies. Stir fry for another 2 minutes, then return the chicken and stir in the soy mixture.
- Lower the heat and leave the chicken to simmer for further 2 minutes. Add the cashews, sesame oil and more black pepper if needed, toss together, and serve!
Arugula Eggplant Salad
Here's what I love about this arugula eggplant salad: it looks and tastes fancy, yet doesn't...
Daim Double Chocolate Cake
The cake is a result of a random thought that struck at a moment of boredom motivating me to try...
Eat Your Rainbow: Eggplant Dip
It's a lot like the Lebanese ElRaheb but more neutral in taste. It's great to have as a dip or a...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients. For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this chicken dish is creamy and filling served next to rice. You can also shred the finished chicken and serve it along with its creamy sauce over cooked pasta. Your family and friends will definitely enjoy this […]