Soy & Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
By shahdan • October 13, 2015
This luscious chicken stir-fry dish is easy, delicious and packed with healthy vegetables! You can make it your own by choosing your very favourite vegetable combinations. You may use broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots, bok choy, cabbage… You may also replace the cashews with toasted sesame seeds.
- 650 gram chicken breast fillet (around 4 fillets) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 200 gram snap peas - البسلة السكرية
- 1 large red pepper - فلفل أحمر
- 5 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger (peeled and grated) - جنزبيل
- 4 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 8 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 3 tablespoon water - ماء
- 3 teaspoon sugar (preferably brown sugar) - سكر
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 handful cashew nuts - الكاجو
Step by step
- Cut the chicken into thin strips, season with black pepper and garlic powder, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- To prepare the veggies, cut the red pepper into strips, and cut every spring onion into two lengthwise then chop diagonally. Leave the snap peas whole, if using any.
- Combine the soy sauce with the water and sugar and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry the chicken over high heat until golden and cooked through. Remove from the wok, cover and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat another tablespoon of olive oil then add the ginger and crushed garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds before you add the veggies. Stir fry for another 2 minutes, then return the chicken and stir in the soy mixture.
- Lower the heat and leave the chicken to simmer for further 2 minutes. Add the cashews, sesame oil and more black pepper if needed, toss together, and serve!
No-Bake Cheese Cake
This is a simple classic no-bake cheese cake with a strawberry jam...
Quick Chicken & Broccoli Stir Fry
Transform everyday ingredients such as chicken, carrots and broccoli into an elegant and super...
Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sweet, creamy, and so heart-warming, what's a better winter warmer than home baked...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe to achieving it at home. It is a perfect home cooked meal to serve with white rice and a yummy Asian-style salad (check our selection). In this recipe we do not deep fry the beef strips, but it […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.