Soy & Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
By shahdan • October 13, 2015
This luscious chicken stir-fry dish is easy, delicious and packed with healthy vegetables! You can make it your own by choosing your very favourite vegetable combinations. You may use broccoli, mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots, bok choy, cabbage… You may also replace the cashews with toasted sesame seeds.
- 650 gram chicken breast fillet (around 4 fillets) - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 200 gram snap peas - البسلة السكرية
- 1 large red pepper - فلفل أحمر
- 5 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger (peeled and grated) - جنزبيل
- 4 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 8 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 3 tablespoon water - ماء
- 3 teaspoon sugar (preferably brown sugar) - سكر
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 1 handful cashew nuts - الكاجو
Step by step
- Cut the chicken into thin strips, season with black pepper and garlic powder, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- To prepare the veggies, cut the red pepper into strips, and cut every spring onion into two lengthwise then chop diagonally. Leave the snap peas whole, if using any.
- Combine the soy sauce with the water and sugar and set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry the chicken over high heat until golden and cooked through. Remove from the wok, cover and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat another tablespoon of olive oil then add the ginger and crushed garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds before you add the veggies. Stir fry for another 2 minutes, then return the chicken and stir in the soy mixture.
- Lower the heat and leave the chicken to simmer for further 2 minutes. Add the cashews, sesame oil and more black pepper if needed, toss together, and serve!
Orzo & Vegetable Soup (Lessan Asfour)
This is one of the simplest, yet most delicious soups. All you really need is good homemade chicken...
Shortcut Baked Apple Crumble
This is such a simple winter dessert, you will find yourself doing again and again. You don't even...
Circkle Crackle Nut Candies
These nut candies are such a yummy, sweet and crunchy dessert in little balls. Nuts, seeds, coconut...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for the whole family or as a large main dish on its own. Enjoy its Asian flavors and the combination of crunchy veggies and moist yummy chicken.
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.