By shahdan • April 15, 2020
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
- 750 gram minced meat (with 15%-20% fat) - لحم مفروم
- 1 teaspoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 10 slice cheddar cheese (or burger cheese) - جبن شيدر
- 5 medium burger buns - خبز همبرجر
- lettuce (to taste) - خس
- tomatoes (sliced to taste) - طماطم
- onions (sliced to taste) - بصل
- gherkin pickles (or any pickled cucumbers - to taste) - خيار مخلل
- FOR THE BURGER SAUCE: - صوص البرجر
- 3 tablespoon ketchup - كاتشب
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise - مايونيز
- 1 teaspoon mustard - مسطردة
- 1/2 tablespoon gherkin pickles (finely chopped + 1 tbsp gherkin water from jar) - خيار مخلل
- 1 teaspoon onion (finely chopped) - بصلة
Step by step
- Use your hands to shape the minced beef into loose 75g balls each. You can cover the kitchen scale with a parchment paper and weigh the balls as you shape them. For 750g beef, you will have 10 balls for 5 burgers.
- Mix the burger sauce ingredients in a bowl. Slice lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and gherkins for the sandwiches. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan (preferably with a thick base) for a few minutes until very hot. Add olive oil and move the pan to spread it all over.
- Place 2 beef balls on the hot pan leaving enough space between them. Quickly cover the first ball with a small squared piece of parchment paper and use a small heavy pan to smash the burger flat. Repeat with the second beef ball. Season burger patties with salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, then use a stainless steel turner (المقصوصة المربعة العريضة) to flip the burgers, making sure to release all the crispy burger layer from the pan as you flip.
- Place a slice of cheese over each burger while it cooks on the other side. Meanwhile toast the inside of the bun by placing it (inside side down) on another hot pan.
- Spread the bun with burger sauce, add the 2 smashed patties over the bun, then finish the burger with slices of tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and gherkins to your liking.
The Charlotte Cake
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits! Recipe by Mai...
Savoury Qatayef with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Cheese
Sun-dried tomatoes and cheese are a match made in heaven! Stuffing our traditional Qatayef with...
Adding lentils to Tabboula, not only gives this classic salad a beautiful earthy flavour, but it...
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]