Simplified Sayyadeya Fish
By yasmine • August 17, 2016
This fish sayyadeya casserole is perfect for a lazy summer day. The fish is tender and delicious and the veggies are perfect with fish rice!
- 1/2 kg fish (seabass or any white fish - deboned and cut into large chunks or fillet) - سمك
- 2 tomatoes (sliced) - طماطم
- 2 small red onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أحمر
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 lime (unpeeled & sliced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 stalks green onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR corn oil) - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a medium oven dish or pyrex, sort fish fillet/slices in one layer. Pour the veggies and spices mix on top and distribute evenly.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes (or until fish is cooked through). Halfway through, make sure to shake the oven dish or stir the contents in order for the fish and veggies to cook evenly.
- Sprinkle fresh dill on top and a squeeze of lemon and serve warm next to tahini, a salad or fish rice.
Wholesome Black-Eyed Pea Salad
It's time to give black-eyed peas a chance since it is creamy, nutritious and full of goodness...
Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese & Sun-dried Tomatoes
The earthy flavour of lentils, the creaminess of goat cheese, and the sweetness of sun-dried...
Dill & Lemon Salmon Tagliatelle
Succulent and flaky salmon chunks are served on a bed of Italian tagliatelle and covered with a...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]