Simplified Sayyadeya Fish
By yasmine • August 17, 2016
This fish sayyadeya casserole is perfect for a lazy summer day. The fish is tender and delicious and the veggies are perfect with fish rice!
- 1/2 kg fish (seabass or any white fish - deboned and cut into large chunks or fillet) - سمك
- 2 tomatoes (sliced) - طماطم
- 2 small red onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أحمر
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 lime (unpeeled & sliced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 stalks green onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR corn oil) - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a medium oven dish or pyrex, sort fish fillet/slices in one layer. Pour the veggies and spices mix on top and distribute evenly.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes (or until fish is cooked through). Halfway through, make sure to shake the oven dish or stir the contents in order for the fish and veggies to cook evenly.
- Sprinkle fresh dill on top and a squeeze of lemon and serve warm next to tahini, a salad or fish rice.
Hearty Harira Soup
الوصفة بالعربي My parents lived in Algeria for a year before I was born. There, my...
This pudding is perfect for you and your family. Blueberries slow the growth of various cancers,...
Carrot & Ginger Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This Carrot & Ginger Soup is different, loaded with nutrients, and...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]