Simplified Sayyadeya Fish
By yasmine • August 17, 2016
This fish sayyadeya casserole is perfect for a lazy summer day. The fish is tender and delicious and the veggies are perfect with fish rice!
- 1/2 kg fish (seabass or any white fish - deboned and cut into large chunks or fillet) - سمك
- 2 tomatoes (sliced) - طماطم
- 2 small red onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أحمر
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 lime (unpeeled & sliced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 stalks green onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR corn oil) - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a medium oven dish or pyrex, sort fish fillet/slices in one layer. Pour the veggies and spices mix on top and distribute evenly.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes (or until fish is cooked through). Halfway through, make sure to shake the oven dish or stir the contents in order for the fish and veggies to cook evenly.
- Sprinkle fresh dill on top and a squeeze of lemon and serve warm next to tahini, a salad or fish rice.
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe...
Farmer’s Brunch Omelet
Last time I was visiting Germany, I ate this amazing Bauernkartoffeleier – an omelet specialty of...
This pan-seared scallops recipe is very easy and simple. Scallops are highly nutritious, full of...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]