Simplified Sayyadeya Fish
By yasmine • August 17, 2016
This fish sayyadeya casserole is perfect for a lazy summer day. The fish is tender and delicious and the veggies are perfect with fish rice!
- 1/2 kg fish (seabass or any white fish - deboned and cut into large chunks or fillet) - سمك
- 2 tomatoes (sliced) - طماطم
- 2 small red onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أحمر
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 lime (unpeeled & sliced) - ليمون بلدي
- 2 stalks green onions (thinly sliced) - بصل أخضر
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (OR corn oil) - زيت زيتون
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice - عصير ليمون
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a medium oven dish or pyrex, sort fish fillet/slices in one layer. Pour the veggies and spices mix on top and distribute evenly.
- Place it in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes (or until fish is cooked through). Halfway through, make sure to shake the oven dish or stir the contents in order for the fish and veggies to cook evenly.
- Sprinkle fresh dill on top and a squeeze of lemon and serve warm next to tahini, a salad or fish rice.
Homemade Yummy Apple Pie Triangles
The apple and cinnamon combination is always a hit in my family. This warm dessert is the perfect...
Soft Shrimp Rolls
This is such an easy and convenient recipe that you can prepare for the guests you want...
Entertaining Labna with Debs
الوصفة بالعربي This 2-ingredient appetizer is by far the easiest finger food you can...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Date & Almond Qatayef
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of yumminess. Crunchy outer layer of Qatayef with gooey sweet dates inside, and a surprise bitter crunch from the almonds, will make this desert your favorite this Ramadan. It is easy to prepare in advance and fry 10 minutes before serving. For the […]