By shahdan • May 29, 2016
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes and the result is still rich and full of flavor! If you have boiled chicken (and its stock), plus cooked rice, the rest is much easier and quicker than you think.
This recipe is perfect for big gatherings. For everyday, cut quantities in half.
For best results, use homemade chicken stock.
- 2 medium chicken (cooked) - دجاج
- 1 kg rice (cooked) - أرز
- 4 cup chicken broth/stock (1 liter) - مرقة دجاج
- 250 gram walnut - عين جمل / جوز
- 4 slice toast - توست
- 2 teaspoon butter - زبدة
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 medium onion (grated) - بصلة
- 2 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- In a small blender, finely-grind walnuts if you like your sauce smooth, or leave it with little chunks if you like a thicker texture. Set aside.
- Remove the white toast edges and grind the toast into crumbs. Mix with walnuts and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and butter and sauté the onion until soft and yellowish but not brown. Add minced garlic and lower heat. Then add breadcrumbs and walnut. Stir for a couple of minutes then add chicken stock/broth.
- Add tomato paste, whisk and leave to simmer on low heat until you achieve the required thickness. You may gradually add more stock if needed. Adjust salt and pepper.
- To serve, put cooked rice in a serving dish. Arrange deboned boiled chicken pieces on top and carefully spoon some of the sauce over the chicken. Serve the rest of the sauce in a separate bowl or sauce boat.
Once you make your own foul at home, you will never go back to the canned stuff again! Even the...
Halawa & Chocolate Spread
Recipe by Jummana Lotfy. Egyptian Nutella, as my kids like to call it, is an easy recipe for...
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your new favourite chicken recipe. The flavours and the aroma are simply divine. This is comfort food at it’s best. THE MENU Feel-Good Artichoke Soup Mixed Bean Salad Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Vermicelli with Almonds Mini Konafa Cups
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious ingredients such as bulgur, chickpeas, lentils, fresh tomatoes and oven-roasted onions, it still carries all the authentic and yummy koshary flavours without the extra carbs. Definitely a must-try if you love kohasry and are looking for a healthier recipe.
Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed hazelnuts. The herbs in most Dukka recipes are just a perfect pair to white fish while the nuts along with the sesame in the Dukka creates a light crust to the fish without covering it completely, keeping it moist and tender. You can […]