By shahdan • May 29, 2016
I find this recipe a lot simpler than several other Sharkaseya sauce recipes and the result is still rich and full of flavor! If you have boiled chicken (and its stock), plus cooked rice, the rest is much easier and quicker than you think.
This recipe is perfect for big gatherings. For everyday, cut quantities in half.
For best results, use homemade chicken stock.
- 2 medium chicken (cooked) - دجاج
- 1 kg rice (cooked) - أرز
- 4 cup chicken broth/stock (1 liter) - مرقة دجاج
- 250 gram walnut - عين جمل / جوز
- 4 slice toast - توست
- 2 teaspoon butter - زبدة
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil - زيت نباتي
- 1 medium onion (grated) - بصلة
- 2 medium garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste - معجون طماطم / صلصة طماطم
- salt and pepper (to taste) - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- In a small blender, finely-grind walnuts if you like your sauce smooth, or leave it with little chunks if you like a thicker texture. Set aside.
- Remove the white toast edges and grind the toast into crumbs. Mix with walnuts and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat oil and butter and sauté the onion until soft and yellowish but not brown. Add minced garlic and lower heat. Then add breadcrumbs and walnut. Stir for a couple of minutes then add chicken stock/broth.
- Add tomato paste, whisk and leave to simmer on low heat until you achieve the required thickness. You may gradually add more stock if needed. Adjust salt and pepper.
- To serve, put cooked rice in a serving dish. Arrange deboned boiled chicken pieces on top and carefully spoon some of the sauce over the chicken. Serve the rest of the sauce in a separate bowl or sauce boat.
Easy Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce
الوصفه بالعربي This Veal Fillet with Instant Dijon Mustard Sauce is a great option...
Best Winter Treat: Gingerbread Men
Just in time for the holidays... Baking gingerbread men is one of the best ways to enjoy the...
Pumpkin Mini Muffins
Recipe in Arabic مافين القرع العسلي These super yummy pumpkin muffins are one of...
This Moussaka is irresistibly delicious, without the extra calories. The eggplants are oven-roasted not fried. This doesn’t take away from the taste, on the contrary, the eggplants are more flavourful and rich here. Because cooking moussaka is a lengthy process with many different components, I like to shortcut my way to this delicious dish using […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]