Soft Shrimp Rolls
By Sarah Hamada • July 27, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
We tried this recipe this summer and found it a perfect appetiser! It is fresh, crispy and luscious. The best thing is to keep a bowl of lukewarm water next to you to dip in the rice paper before rolling. While rolling might seem difficult, once you stack the shrimp and greens nicely, you should be able to roll from your side up for best grasp.
This is such an easy and convenient recipe that you can prepare for the guests you want to impress. Serve it next to soy sauce or a sweet chili dipping sauce.
- 1 kg shrimp (medium size) - جمبري
- 1 bunch basil (hand-torn) - ريحان
- 11/2 bunch spinach (hand-torn) - سبانخ
- 1 bunch mint (hand-torn) - نعناع
- 1 pack glass noodles - شعرية صيني شفافة
- 1 tablespoon butter - زبدة
- 1 pack rice paper (about 20 papers) - ورق الأرز
- 2 carrots (shredded) - جزر
- 1/2 cup soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 piece garlic - ثوم
- 1 handful cashew nuts - الكاجو
- 1/4 piece green chili pepper - فلفل أخضر حار
Step by step
- in a medium pan, stir shrimps with butter for 3 minutes then add lemon and salt. (You can also boil it for 5 minutes if you want a healthier snack). Let them cool before folding.
- Hand tear your greens and shred your carrots and get them ready for the folding.
- Boil glass noodles for 5 minutes and let it cool.
- Start preparing the rolls, by dipping the rice paper one by one in lukewarm water for 10-15 seconds before folding each at a time. Then first add the shrimps (around 3 pieces so it looks rich), then the carrots on top, followed by mint and basil and glass noodles, and finish it up with spinach leaves. Then roll it from the bottom up, fold the sides in and continue rolling away from you. You should have around 20 rolls. Chill it in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- To prepare the dipping sauce, mix the soy sauce with minced garlic, broken cashews, and chill.
Tender & Juicy Chicken Breast Fillets
الوصفه بالعربي On busy days, most people choose to cook chicken breast fillets,...
Oven-Baked Herb Fish
To add more fish to your weekly meals, try this hassle-free sea bass recipe! In less than 30...
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl
Simply served over white rice, the Vegetable Turmeric & Coconut Dahl makes such a hearty vegan home-cooked meal.
Banana Nice Cream With Pistachios & Mastic
Simple yet so delicious and guilt-free, this nice cream with pistachio and mastic is a must-try this summer! It is also a luscious addition to your Ramadani table. Nice cream is frozen banana blended into ice cream texture without added dairy or sugar. This recipe is full of Middle Eastern flavors like the delicate mastic and […]