Light Sharkaseya & Chicken Dish
By Reeham Shaker • June 20, 2016
This is a simple and straightforward (and light) recipe for traditional Sharkaseya…
Recipe by Reham Shaker.
- 5 brown toast (edges removed) - توست أسمر
- 2 1/2 cup walnut (300 grams) - عين جمل / جوز
- 4 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 3/4 tablespoon garlic (minced) - ثوم
- 2 teaspoon dried coriander - كسبرة جافة
- 1/2 salt - ملح
- 2 teaspoon oil - زيت
- 1/4 cup skimmed milk - لبن منزوع الدسم
Step by step
- Soak brown bread in milk (milk has to cover it).
- In a food processor, grind walnuts until finely chopped. Add soaked bread to it and blend again.
- Gradually add stock while blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Tip the creamy mixture into a large saucepan and add any remaining broth to it. Add salt. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes over medium heat until thickened. If the mixture gets too thick, you can mix in more stock or water.
- For the garlic mixture: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small pan, add garlic and coriander and stir for 2 minutes making sure the garlic browns but does not burn. Add garlic mix to the Sharkaseya sauce and stir.
- Serve warm with boiled chicken pieces and rice.
Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
الوصفة بالعربي A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not...
Orzo & Vegetable Soup (Lessan Asfour)
This is one of the simplest, yet most delicious soups. All you really need is good homemade chicken...
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best...
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]