Light Sharkaseya & Chicken Dish
By Reeham Shaker • June 20, 2016
This is a simple and straightforward (and light) recipe for traditional Sharkaseya…
Recipe by Reham Shaker.
- 5 brown toast (edges removed) - توست أسمر
- 2 1/2 cup walnut (300 grams) - عين جمل / جوز
- 4 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 3/4 tablespoon garlic (minced) - ثوم
- 2 teaspoon dried coriander - كسبرة جافة
- 1/2 salt - ملح
- 2 teaspoon oil - زيت
- 1/4 cup skimmed milk - لبن منزوع الدسم
Step by step
- Soak brown bread in milk (milk has to cover it).
- In a food processor, grind walnuts until finely chopped. Add soaked bread to it and blend again.
- Gradually add stock while blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Tip the creamy mixture into a large saucepan and add any remaining broth to it. Add salt. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes over medium heat until thickened. If the mixture gets too thick, you can mix in more stock or water.
- For the garlic mixture: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small pan, add garlic and coriander and stir for 2 minutes making sure the garlic browns but does not burn. Add garlic mix to the Sharkaseya sauce and stir.
- Serve warm with boiled chicken pieces and rice.
Hearty Harira Soup
الوصفة بالعربي My parents lived in Algeria for a year before I was born. There, my...
Fig Tarte Bourdaloue
This dessert is very easy to prepare and very tasty. After figs season is over, I will be...
Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Casserole
الوصفه بالعربي Delicious homemade combo of sweet potato, crumble and roasted...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]