Light Sharkaseya & Chicken Dish
By Reeham Shaker • June 20, 2016
This is a simple and straightforward (and light) recipe for traditional Sharkaseya…
Recipe by Reham Shaker.
- 5 brown toast (edges removed) - توست أسمر
- 2 1/2 cup walnut (300 grams) - عين جمل / جوز
- 4 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 3/4 tablespoon garlic (minced) - ثوم
- 2 teaspoon dried coriander - كسبرة جافة
- 1/2 salt - ملح
- 2 teaspoon oil - زيت
- 1/4 cup skimmed milk - لبن منزوع الدسم
Step by step
- Soak brown bread in milk (milk has to cover it).
- In a food processor, grind walnuts until finely chopped. Add soaked bread to it and blend again.
- Gradually add stock while blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Tip the creamy mixture into a large saucepan and add any remaining broth to it. Add salt. Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes over medium heat until thickened. If the mixture gets too thick, you can mix in more stock or water.
- For the garlic mixture: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small pan, add garlic and coriander and stir for 2 minutes making sure the garlic browns but does not burn. Add garlic mix to the Sharkaseya sauce and stir.
- Serve warm with boiled chicken pieces and rice.
Creamy Banana Almond Ice Cream
Peel and break the bananas into quarters and freeze for at least 12 hours before making this...
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
Fennel & Potato Soup – the ultimate winter warm up!
The warmth of the potato creaminess and the crispiness of the fennel as well as its subtle...
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes
Marinated and oven-roasted to perfection, the Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes will be your new favourite chicken recipe. The flavours and the aroma are simply divine. This is comfort food at it’s best. THE MENU Feel-Good Artichoke Soup Mixed Bean Salad Fragrant Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes Vermicelli with Almonds Mini Konafa Cups