Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
By shahdan • March 22, 2015
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe the sesame oil which you can still substitute with vegetable oil (although the sesame oil gives the dish its special Asian aroma). If you learn the Asian sauce from this recipe, you will find yourself using it for other chicken and shrimps stir- fries as well.
- 500 gram beef fillet cut into thin strips - فيليه كندوز
- 4 zucchini - كوسة
- 4 carrots - جزر
- 5 spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 medium broccoli - بروكلى
- 1 cup vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger - جنزبيل
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 5 garlic cloves cushed - فصوص ثوم
- 2 tablespoon corn flour dissolved in 1/4 cup of water - نشا
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- In a bowl, mix together the stock, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and corn flour/ water mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp. sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok, and add the beef. Stir fry until cooked through, then remove and set aside. If it releases water, wait until the water is absorbed and the meat is nicely browned.
- Heat the remaining oil and add the carrots, spring onions, zucchini, broccoli florets and the red chili pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Finally stir in the beef and the stock mixture and leave to simmer for 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- In the meantime, toast the sesame seed in a dry pan on medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle the sesame seed over the beef and serve with white basmati rice.
Simple Ramadani Khoshaf
This Ramadani Khoshaf recipe is simply sugar-free. Knowing that most dried fruits in Egypt are...
Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini,...
The Best Tres Leches Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Tres Leches cake is...
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]