Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
By shahdan • March 22, 2015
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe the sesame oil which you can still substitute with vegetable oil (although the sesame oil gives the dish its special Asian aroma). If you learn the Asian sauce from this recipe, you will find yourself using it for other chicken and shrimps stir- fries as well.
- 500 gram beef fillet cut into thin strips - فيليه كندوز
- 4 zucchini - كوسة
- 4 carrots - جزر
- 5 spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 medium broccoli - بروكلى
- 1 cup vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger - جنزبيل
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 5 garlic cloves cushed - فصوص ثوم
- 2 tablespoon corn flour dissolved in 1/4 cup of water - نشا
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- In a bowl, mix together the stock, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and corn flour/ water mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp. sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok, and add the beef. Stir fry until cooked through, then remove and set aside. If it releases water, wait until the water is absorbed and the meat is nicely browned.
- Heat the remaining oil and add the carrots, spring onions, zucchini, broccoli florets and the red chili pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Finally stir in the beef and the stock mixture and leave to simmer for 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- In the meantime, toast the sesame seed in a dry pan on medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle the sesame seed over the beef and serve with white basmati rice.
Authentic Neapolitan Italian Pizza
There is nothing quite as comforting as a home-baked treat that fills the house with heart-warming...
Special Minty Zucchini
الوصفة بالعربي This is a simple yet delicious vegetable dish using ingredients...
Strawberries Dipped in Chocolate & Icing
This is not really a recipe - it is just a more colorful idea to serving delicious strawberries...
Honey Lancashire Biscuits
These are traditional Lancashire biscuits, only healthier and cleaner replacing sugar with raw honey and using coconut oil. The result? Delicious biscuits, that kids enjoy baking, assembling and munching at. Its a sweet addition to your baking routine during feasts or play dates.
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Brown Rice Mujaddara
A wholesome comfort dish from the Levant, this Rice Mujaddara is vegan, full of protein and definite winner for any family meal. We used brown rice instead of regular, to heighten its nutritional value and it turned out incredibly tasty with the earthy flavors of the lentils. Serve it with a simple green salad with […]