Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
By shahdan • March 22, 2015
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe the sesame oil which you can still substitute with vegetable oil (although the sesame oil gives the dish its special Asian aroma). If you learn the Asian sauce from this recipe, you will find yourself using it for other chicken and shrimps stir- fries as well.
- 500 gram beef fillet cut into thin strips - فيليه كندوز
- 4 zucchini - كوسة
- 4 carrots - جزر
- 5 spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 medium broccoli - بروكلى
- 1 cup vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger - جنزبيل
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 5 garlic cloves cushed - فصوص ثوم
- 2 tablespoon corn flour dissolved in 1/4 cup of water - نشا
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- In a bowl, mix together the stock, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and corn flour/ water mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp. sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok, and add the beef. Stir fry until cooked through, then remove and set aside. If it releases water, wait until the water is absorbed and the meat is nicely browned.
- Heat the remaining oil and add the carrots, spring onions, zucchini, broccoli florets and the red chili pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Finally stir in the beef and the stock mixture and leave to simmer for 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- In the meantime, toast the sesame seed in a dry pan on medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle the sesame seed over the beef and serve with white basmati rice.
Fast & Healthy No-Mayo Coleslaw
This is a healthier version of the creamy, crunchy classic version. Just throw one pack of coleslaw...
Everyday Freekeh with Onions & Carrots
If you want to replace your daily rice dish, Freekeh with Onion & Carrot is the way to go. It...
Artichoke & Lentil Salad
Full of colour, texture, and flavour, the Artichoke & Lentil Salad is the perfect way to eat...
Simple, delicious, and the perfect companion to any protein dish especially fish! With some simple ingredients, the simple zucchini is transferred into a succulent vegan and wholesome side dish in 20 minutes.
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]