Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
By shahdan • March 22, 2015
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe the sesame oil which you can still substitute with vegetable oil (although the sesame oil gives the dish its special Asian aroma). If you learn the Asian sauce from this recipe, you will find yourself using it for other chicken and shrimps stir- fries as well.
- 500 gram beef fillet cut into thin strips - فيليه كندوز
- 4 zucchini - كوسة
- 4 carrots - جزر
- 5 spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 medium broccoli - بروكلى
- 1 cup vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger - جنزبيل
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 5 garlic cloves cushed - فصوص ثوم
- 2 tablespoon corn flour dissolved in 1/4 cup of water - نشا
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- In a bowl, mix together the stock, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and corn flour/ water mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp. sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok, and add the beef. Stir fry until cooked through, then remove and set aside. If it releases water, wait until the water is absorbed and the meat is nicely browned.
- Heat the remaining oil and add the carrots, spring onions, zucchini, broccoli florets and the red chili pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Finally stir in the beef and the stock mixture and leave to simmer for 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- In the meantime, toast the sesame seed in a dry pan on medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle the sesame seed over the beef and serve with white basmati rice.
Zesty Orange Shrimps with Apples & Peas Purée
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This is my own...
Halawa & Chocolate Spread
Recipe by Jummana Lotfy. Egyptian Nutella, as my kids like to call it, is an easy recipe for...
There is no other name for it! No dictionary has been able to translate this succulent sweet...
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.
Easy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup
This is the easiest recipe to achieve a yummy Roasted Tomato & Garlic Soup. With simple ingredients and little hands-on cooking time, this recipe will probably go on your favourite recipe list. The basil & thyme add a herb quality to the soup, but are not essential. The soup is also very yummy with or […]