Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
By shahdan • March 22, 2015
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe the sesame oil which you can still substitute with vegetable oil (although the sesame oil gives the dish its special Asian aroma). If you learn the Asian sauce from this recipe, you will find yourself using it for other chicken and shrimps stir- fries as well.
- 500 gram beef fillet cut into thin strips - فيليه كندوز
- 4 zucchini - كوسة
- 4 carrots - جزر
- 5 spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 medium broccoli - بروكلى
- 1 cup vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger - جنزبيل
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 5 garlic cloves cushed - فصوص ثوم
- 2 tablespoon corn flour dissolved in 1/4 cup of water - نشا
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- In a bowl, mix together the stock, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and corn flour/ water mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp. sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok, and add the beef. Stir fry until cooked through, then remove and set aside. If it releases water, wait until the water is absorbed and the meat is nicely browned.
- Heat the remaining oil and add the carrots, spring onions, zucchini, broccoli florets and the red chili pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Finally stir in the beef and the stock mixture and leave to simmer for 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- In the meantime, toast the sesame seed in a dry pan on medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle the sesame seed over the beef and serve with white basmati rice.
Halloumi, Tomato & Arugula Slicers
Such a simple and quick appetiser that looks and tastes good guaranteed! For a more luxurious...
Zesty Orange Shrimps with Apples & Peas Purée
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. This is my own...
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes,...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing… It is also the perfect way to use leftover chicken! The classic American salad uses fresh red grapes, but we love using dried cranberries instead.
Yummy Oat Pancakes served with dates and bananas, and generously drizzled with a tahini-molasses syrup… this is a healthy and nutritious way to start your day.
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Warm Chestnut Soup with Garlic Breadcrumbs
I tried the chestnut soup in London back in 2013 and ever since then I wanted to prepare it myself and I just did this winter. It turned out super warm and yummy. The original recipe ingredients includes cream, I used skimmed milk instead and it still turned out creamy since chestnuts are already somewhat fatty. You can also […]