Sesame Beef Stir-Fry
By shahdan • March 22, 2015
This is a straight-forward stir- fry recipe. It doesn’t need complicated ingredients except maybe the sesame oil which you can still substitute with vegetable oil (although the sesame oil gives the dish its special Asian aroma). If you learn the Asian sauce from this recipe, you will find yourself using it for other chicken and shrimps stir- fries as well.
- 500 gram beef fillet cut into thin strips - فيليه كندوز
- 4 zucchini - كوسة
- 4 carrots - جزر
- 5 spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 medium broccoli - بروكلى
- 1 cup vegetable stock - مرقة خضار
- 5 tablespoon soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger - جنزبيل
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil - زيت السمسم
- 5 garlic cloves cushed - فصوص ثوم
- 2 tablespoon corn flour dissolved in 1/4 cup of water - نشا
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds - بذور السمسم
Step by step
- In a bowl, mix together the stock, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and corn flour/ water mixture.
- Heat 1 tbsp. sesame oil in a large frying pan or wok, and add the beef. Stir fry until cooked through, then remove and set aside. If it releases water, wait until the water is absorbed and the meat is nicely browned.
- Heat the remaining oil and add the carrots, spring onions, zucchini, broccoli florets and the red chili pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Finally stir in the beef and the stock mixture and leave to simmer for 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- In the meantime, toast the sesame seed in a dry pan on medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden.
- Sprinkle the sesame seed over the beef and serve with white basmati rice.
Eggplant Upside-Down Fatta
Eggplants, yoghurt, garlic and golden crispy bread are just a match made in heaven. Every eggplant...
Baked Fish Fillet with Dukka & Hazelnuts
This is an easy, nutty and tasty fish recipe made with Egyptian-style Dukka and crushed...
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater)...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]