Salmon with Cold Fresh Oriental Salsa
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
Inspired by the traditional fattoush, this out-of-the-box salmon dish is fresh, lemony and full of flavour! The warm flaky salmon is served with a cold flavourful salsa made of fresh tomatoes, cucumber, sumac, mint and lime! Just what you need on a hot summer day!
- 2 large salmon fillet - سمك السلمون
- 2 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 medium cucumber - خيار
- 1 large tomato - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 medium garlic clove - crushed - فص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 2 tablespoon mint - fresh - نعناع
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - or to taste - ملح و فلفل
- 2 small shamy bread - خبز شامي
Step by step
- Marinade the defrosted salmon with 1 lemon, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon for 20 minutes (skin side down), in a preheated 180 oven or until fish is flaky when u insert a knife.
- In the mean time, cut finely slice the cucumber and tomatoes and stir in the olive oil, vinegar, crushed garlic, sumac, lemon, mint, salt and pepper.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and serve with the fresh salsa! It is perfect when served with the traditional shamy bread.
Goop’s Broccoli & Arugula Soup
الوصفة بالعربي This is an original Goop detox recipe that I used to prepare for...
Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad
This Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad is delicious, fun and easy to prepare in advance. With...
Quinoa Salad with Mint & Pomegranate Seeds
Light and refreshing, this quinoa salad tastes delicious and is packed with nutrients. It can be...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]