Salmon with Cold Fresh Oriental Salsa
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
Inspired by the traditional fattoush, this out-of-the-box salmon dish is fresh, lemony and full of flavour! The warm flaky salmon is served with a cold flavourful salsa made of fresh tomatoes, cucumber, sumac, mint and lime! Just what you need on a hot summer day!
- 2 large salmon fillet - سمك السلمون
- 2 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 medium cucumber - خيار
- 1 large tomato - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 medium garlic clove - crushed - فص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 2 tablespoon mint - fresh - نعناع
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - or to taste - ملح و فلفل
- 2 small shamy bread - خبز شامي
Step by step
- Marinade the defrosted salmon with 1 lemon, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon for 20 minutes (skin side down), in a preheated 180 oven or until fish is flaky when u insert a knife.
- In the mean time, cut finely slice the cucumber and tomatoes and stir in the olive oil, vinegar, crushed garlic, sumac, lemon, mint, salt and pepper.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and serve with the fresh salsa! It is perfect when served with the traditional shamy bread.
Oozy Dark Chocolate Fondant
You know that fondant that you get addicted to at some restaurants and tend to go back to for...
Soft Shrimp Rolls
This is such an easy and convenient recipe that you can prepare for the guests you want...
Late Night Date & Custard Pie
This Date & Custard Pie is a result of a ready-made pie crust from Gourmet and the love for...
Indian Butter Chicken
The Indian Butter Chicken is a restaurant quality dish that you can eat in the comfort of your own home. It is definitely a family favourite, simply served with white rice. The fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic, and ginger in the sauce make it not only mouthwatering but also wholesome.
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.