Salmon with Cold Fresh Oriental Salsa
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
Inspired by the traditional fattoush, this out-of-the-box salmon dish is fresh, lemony and full of flavour! The warm flaky salmon is served with a cold flavourful salsa made of fresh tomatoes, cucumber, sumac, mint and lime! Just what you need on a hot summer day!
- 2 large salmon fillet - سمك السلمون
- 2 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 medium cucumber - خيار
- 1 large tomato - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 medium garlic clove - crushed - فص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 2 tablespoon mint - fresh - نعناع
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - or to taste - ملح و فلفل
- 2 small shamy bread - خبز شامي
Step by step
- Marinade the defrosted salmon with 1 lemon, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon for 20 minutes (skin side down), in a preheated 180 oven or until fish is flaky when u insert a knife.
- In the mean time, cut finely slice the cucumber and tomatoes and stir in the olive oil, vinegar, crushed garlic, sumac, lemon, mint, salt and pepper.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and serve with the fresh salsa! It is perfect when served with the traditional shamy bread.
Yummy Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Egyptian farmers are now growing all these new vegetables and greens that were earlier either...
Beetroot & Mint Dip
Beetroot & mint are a match made in heaven! This hearty Beetroot & Mint dip is sweet,...
No-Junk Kids’ Burger
If burger is a kids-favourite dish, why don’t we make it as healthy as we can? This burger bursts...
Roast Beef with Almond, Hazel & Pine Nuts Sauce
Recipe submitted by Rasha ElBaramawy. The roast beef dressed in this low fat nutty sauce is delicious served with steamed rice and broccoli.
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe to achieving it at home. It is a perfect home cooked meal to serve with white rice and a yummy Asian-style salad (check our selection). In this recipe we do not deep fry the beef strips, but it […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.