Salmon with Cold Fresh Oriental Salsa
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
Inspired by the traditional fattoush, this out-of-the-box salmon dish is fresh, lemony and full of flavour! The warm flaky salmon is served with a cold flavourful salsa made of fresh tomatoes, cucumber, sumac, mint and lime! Just what you need on a hot summer day!
- 2 large salmon fillet - سمك السلمون
- 2 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 medium cucumber - خيار
- 1 large tomato - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 medium garlic clove - crushed - فص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 2 tablespoon mint - fresh - نعناع
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - or to taste - ملح و فلفل
- 2 small shamy bread - خبز شامي
Step by step
- Marinade the defrosted salmon with 1 lemon, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon for 20 minutes (skin side down), in a preheated 180 oven or until fish is flaky when u insert a knife.
- In the mean time, cut finely slice the cucumber and tomatoes and stir in the olive oil, vinegar, crushed garlic, sumac, lemon, mint, salt and pepper.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and serve with the fresh salsa! It is perfect when served with the traditional shamy bread.
Orzo & Vegetable Soup (Lessan Asfour)
This is one of the simplest, yet most delicious soups. All you really need is good homemade chicken...
Farmer’s Brunch Omelet
Last time I was visiting Germany, I ate this amazing Bauernkartoffeleier – an omelet specialty of...
Seared Tuna Salad
It's filling, fast, low calorie and delicious for seafood lovers! Recipe submitted by Sarah...
Honey Mustard Chicken
If you like easy and tasty chicken recipes, the Honey Mustard Chicken is what you are looking for. It’s flavorful and moist. This recipe does not require any onion chopping, which is always a great plus! Just make sure to leave the chicken in the marinade for an hour at least before cooking. This marinade […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
This Asian Grilled Chicken Salad is easy, filling and super delicious. It is suitable as a side for the whole family or as a large main dish on its own. Enjoy its Asian flavors and the combination of crunchy veggies and moist yummy chicken.
Easy Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This Creamy Mushroom Chicken dish is easy to prepare and will always be a winner on your table. I like to serve it with white rice, steamed veggies and French fries (yes, not the lightest meal but the sauce tastes divine with the crispy fries). This meal is quick and fun – everyone enjoys.