Salmon with Cold Fresh Oriental Salsa
By shahdan • April 8, 2015
Inspired by the traditional fattoush, this out-of-the-box salmon dish is fresh, lemony and full of flavour! The warm flaky salmon is served with a cold flavourful salsa made of fresh tomatoes, cucumber, sumac, mint and lime! Just what you need on a hot summer day!
- 2 large salmon fillet - سمك السلمون
- 2 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 medium cucumber - خيار
- 1 large tomato - طماطم
- 2 tablespoon vinegar - خل
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 1 medium garlic clove - crushed - فص ثوم
- 1/4 teaspoon sumac - سماق
- 2 tablespoon mint - fresh - نعناع
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - or to taste - ملح و فلفل
- 2 small shamy bread - خبز شامي
Step by step
- Marinade the defrosted salmon with 1 lemon, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake the salmon for 20 minutes (skin side down), in a preheated 180 oven or until fish is flaky when u insert a knife.
- In the mean time, cut finely slice the cucumber and tomatoes and stir in the olive oil, vinegar, crushed garlic, sumac, lemon, mint, salt and pepper.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and serve with the fresh salsa! It is perfect when served with the traditional shamy bread.
Summer Lime Karkadeh (Hibiscus)
Since Karkadeh is just consumed in Ramadan. I personally think it's the perfect summer drink of all...
The Best Tres Leches Cake
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Tres Leches cake is...
Fig Tarte Bourdaloue
This dessert is very easy to prepare and very tasty. After figs season is over, I will be...
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients. For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this chicken dish is creamy and filling served next to rice. You can also shred the finished chicken and serve it along with its creamy sauce over cooked pasta. Your family and friends will definitely enjoy this […]