Salmon Ravioli en Papillotes
By Maha Yacine • November 4, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This recipe was tested in CairoCooking's Test Kitchen and the result: Super yummy! The salmon was juicy and cooked to perfection, while the ravioli and cream were nicely enriched with all the salmon flavour. We think this is a great entertaining recipe, because the hands-on kitchen time is very little and the result is a sophisticated lunch/dinner menu for four. To keep it simple, we marinated the salmon in salt, pepper, and garlic powder. We also added a little fresh spinach in every parcel to make it a complete meal.
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
Hassle-free and super delicious, this is the dish to choose when you don’t feel like cooking at all!
Recipe uploaded by Maha Yacine.
- 4 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 1 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/4 liter soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 bunch chives (chopped) - ورق بصل
- 500 gram ravioli (2 ready packs, 250 gram each) - رافيولي
- salt - ملح
- 400 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- Marinate the salmon steak in some soy sauce, garlic powder and lime juice (preferably for an hour).
- Prepare 4 pieces of parchment paper on 4 sheets of aluminium foil. Make sure that each sheet is big enough to cover and wrap 1 salmon fillet and half a pack of ravioli.
- Arrange one salmon fillet then some ravioli in the middle of each of the four parchment-foil sheets. Add 100 ml of cooking cream, then salt and finish with the chopped chives.
- Firmly fold each parchment-foil sheet into a parcel. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 20- 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180C.
- Carefully, open one parcel after 20 minutes to check if the fish is flaky and cooked through. You may need to return it to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve the parcels onto serving plates, straight from the oven.
Pumpkin Mini Muffins
Recipe in Arabic مافين القرع العسلي These super yummy pumpkin muffins are one of...
Fatta – Made Simple & Delicious
If you ever want to enter the world of Fatta, this is the recipe for you. It is simple and...
Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes,...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.