Salmon Ravioli en Papillotes
By Maha Yacine • November 4, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This recipe was tested in CairoCooking's Test Kitchen and the result: Super yummy! The salmon was juicy and cooked to perfection, while the ravioli and cream were nicely enriched with all the salmon flavour. We think this is a great entertaining recipe, because the hands-on kitchen time is very little and the result is a sophisticated lunch/dinner menu for four. To keep it simple, we marinated the salmon in salt, pepper, and garlic powder. We also added a little fresh spinach in every parcel to make it a complete meal.
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
Hassle-free and super delicious, this is the dish to choose when you don’t feel like cooking at all!
Recipe uploaded by Maha Yacine.
- 4 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 1 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/4 liter soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 bunch chives (chopped) - ورق بصل
- 500 gram ravioli (2 ready packs, 250 gram each) - رافيولي
- salt - ملح
- 400 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- Marinate the salmon steak in some soy sauce, garlic powder and lime juice (preferably for an hour).
- Prepare 4 pieces of parchment paper on 4 sheets of aluminium foil. Make sure that each sheet is big enough to cover and wrap 1 salmon fillet and half a pack of ravioli.
- Arrange one salmon fillet then some ravioli in the middle of each of the four parchment-foil sheets. Add 100 ml of cooking cream, then salt and finish with the chopped chives.
- Firmly fold each parchment-foil sheet into a parcel. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 20- 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180C.
- Carefully, open one parcel after 20 minutes to check if the fish is flaky and cooked through. You may need to return it to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve the parcels onto serving plates, straight from the oven.
Fatta – Made Simple & Delicious
If you ever want to enter the world of Fatta, this is the recipe for you. It is simple and...
Simple Chicken Curry
I love this recipe because this is the basic Chicken Curry dish I grew up eating at home without...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
Spinach & Cheese Pie
The Spinach and Cheese Pie is crispy from the outside and smooth(almost creamy) from the inside with a tasty cheesy yet fresh taste. It is perfect as a side veggie dish for your everyday lunch as well as for big gatherings. This recipe serves 4-6. For bigger dinner parties, you will need to double the […]
Chicken & Broccoli Filo Pie
The chicken & broccoli filling to this filo pie is so delicious and heartwarming. The cheese melting between the soft broccoli and tender chicken along with the crispiness of the buttered filo provide you with the deliciousness and warmth you expect from a homemade pie! You can prepare it as a round or as a […]