Salmon Ravioli en Papillotes
By Maha Yacine • November 4, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
This recipe was tested in CairoCooking's Test Kitchen and the result: Super yummy! The salmon was juicy and cooked to perfection, while the ravioli and cream were nicely enriched with all the salmon flavour. We think this is a great entertaining recipe, because the hands-on kitchen time is very little and the result is a sophisticated lunch/dinner menu for four. To keep it simple, we marinated the salmon in salt, pepper, and garlic powder. We also added a little fresh spinach in every parcel to make it a complete meal.
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com.
Hassle-free and super delicious, this is the dish to choose when you don’t feel like cooking at all!
Recipe uploaded by Maha Yacine.
- 4 fillet salmon - سمك السلمون
- 1 large lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1/4 liter soy sauce - صوص الصويا
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 bunch chives (chopped) - ورق بصل
- 500 gram ravioli (2 ready packs, 250 gram each) - رافيولي
- salt - ملح
- 400 ml cooking cream - كريم الطهي
Step by step
- Marinate the salmon steak in some soy sauce, garlic powder and lime juice (preferably for an hour).
- Prepare 4 pieces of parchment paper on 4 sheets of aluminium foil. Make sure that each sheet is big enough to cover and wrap 1 salmon fillet and half a pack of ravioli.
- Arrange one salmon fillet then some ravioli in the middle of each of the four parchment-foil sheets. Add 100 ml of cooking cream, then salt and finish with the chopped chives.
- Firmly fold each parchment-foil sheet into a parcel. Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 20- 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 180C.
- Carefully, open one parcel after 20 minutes to check if the fish is flaky and cooked through. You may need to return it to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve the parcels onto serving plates, straight from the oven.
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetable Quinoa
The Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Quinoa is a perfect warm salad, side dish to your favourite...
Daim Double Chocolate Cake
The cake is a result of a random thought that struck at a moment of boredom motivating me to try...
Easter Greek Brioche
When Sham ElNesseem is coming our way, all I can think of is the smell of my grandmother's Easter...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.