Roasted Turmeric Chicken
By shahdan • November 16, 2015
The Roasted Turmeric Chicken has bold flavours, vibrant colours, moist chicken, sweet veggies, and creamy potatoes… This is home-cooked comfort food at its best!
- 1 kg chicken thighs - أوراك الدجاج
- 2 large onion - بصلة
- 2 large potatoes - بطاطس
- 3 large carrots - جزر
- 3 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (a full tsp. of good quality turmeric) - كركم
- 3 cardamom - حبهان
- 2 medium bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 2 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 tablespoon coriander (chopped, to garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes. Chop the carrots and the spring onions.
- In a plastic bag, mix the chopped veggies with a little salt, pepper, 2 crushed cloves of garlic and a drizzle olive oil. Close the bag and rub the veggies together to coat and season well.
- In a large oven-proof dish, season the chicken with the remaining salt and pepper. Add the turmeric, cardamoms, bay leaves, garlic powder, 2 chopped onions, a drizzle olive oil and rub them together so the chicken is nicely coated.
- Add the veggies around the chicken and cover the dish with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Add a splash of cream and fresh coriander to garnish. Serve immediately. Best served with white Egyptian rice.
Traditional Kolkas with Green Herbs
I can't imagine any Egyptian growing up not eating Kolkas! Even my husband, who was never a fan of...
Annabell’s Famous Banana & Avocado Mix
From 7 months. This mixture made the infamous Annabella Karmel famous among all mothers. It is an...
Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]