Roasted Turmeric Chicken
By shahdan • November 16, 2015
The Roasted Turmeric Chicken has bold flavours, vibrant colours, moist chicken, sweet veggies, and creamy potatoes… This is home-cooked comfort food at its best!
- 1 kg chicken thighs - أوراك الدجاج
- 2 large onion - بصلة
- 2 large potatoes - بطاطس
- 3 large carrots - جزر
- 3 medium spring onion - بصلة خضراء
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt - ملح
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (a full tsp. of good quality turmeric) - كركم
- 3 cardamom - حبهان
- 2 medium bay leaf - ورق لاورا
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 2 large garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- 2 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 1/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 2 tablespoon coriander (chopped, to garnish) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes. Chop the carrots and the spring onions.
- In a plastic bag, mix the chopped veggies with a little salt, pepper, 2 crushed cloves of garlic and a drizzle olive oil. Close the bag and rub the veggies together to coat and season well.
- In a large oven-proof dish, season the chicken with the remaining salt and pepper. Add the turmeric, cardamoms, bay leaves, garlic powder, 2 chopped onions, a drizzle olive oil and rub them together so the chicken is nicely coated.
- Add the veggies around the chicken and cover the dish with foil. Bake for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Add a splash of cream and fresh coriander to garnish. Serve immediately. Best served with white Egyptian rice.
Guiltless Creamy Chicken Mushroom
الوصفة بالعربي This guiltless creamy chicken is so good, it can become an...
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Poached Eggs with Smoked Salmon
Bored of traditional eggs; here is an easy and healthy recipe for breakfast: Poached Eggs with...
Juicy Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Fillets
A delicious chicken dish that is easy to prepare and looks great on the table, the Spinach-stuffed Chicken Fillets is wholesome, high on protein and nutrients and really a full meal in a dish. The cheese addition is to add creaminess but you can omit it and still enjoy every bite. The tomato sauce suggested […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]
Freekeh Beraam With Chicken
This Freekeh Beraam with Chicken is a perfect comfort dish with all the delicious beraam flavours and spices aroma. It is light and nutritious, without compromising on taste, and will be the star of your dinner party table. This dish is best served with a green salad.
Ginger & Lemon Steak a la Jamie Oliver
الوصفة بالعربي Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s Chinese Rib Eye Steak (Jamie’s 30 minutes meals series), this steak has become a favourite in our households. Unlike heavy creamy sauces that we usually serve with our meat, Jamie’s on-the-board dressing for this special steak, is light, refreshing and bursting with mind-blowing flavours. In the original recipe, the meat is rubbed with Chinese Szechwan […]