Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
By shahdan • March 23, 2017
The house will smell divine while these filling, super healthy and extremely delicious Sweet Potato Wedges are roasting! These are a great side dish to any protein or as a filling snack for kids and grownups alike.
- 4 medium sweet potato - بطاطا
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- generous sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- generous paprika (to taste) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 200C. Wash the sweet potatoes and slice (unpeeled) into long wedges.
- Line a roasting tray with parchment paper and spread the sweet potato wedges. Drizzle with olive oil and use your hands to toss the sweet potato in the oil. Rearrange as one layer on the roasting tray.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and paprika, and little cinnamon.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until soft from inside and a little crispy from the outside. Make sure to flip the sweet potatoes half-way through so they cook evenly on all sides. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Fried Eggs with Dates (Aagwa)
This is a childhood favourite! The sweetness of the dates fried in butter with the lightly...
Everyday Freekeh with Onions & Carrots
If you want to replace your daily rice dish, Freekeh with Onion & Carrot is the way to go. It...
Not your traditional Fatta dish, this Chicken Shawerma Fatta will definitely impress the crowd,...
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]