Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
By shahdan • March 23, 2017
The house will smell divine while these filling, super healthy and extremely delicious Sweet Potato Wedges are roasting! These are a great side dish to any protein or as a filling snack for kids and grownups alike.
- 4 medium sweet potato - بطاطا
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- generous sea salt (to taste) - ملح البحر
- generous paprika (to taste) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 200C. Wash the sweet potatoes and slice (unpeeled) into long wedges.
- Line a roasting tray with parchment paper and spread the sweet potato wedges. Drizzle with olive oil and use your hands to toss the sweet potato in the oil. Rearrange as one layer on the roasting tray.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and paprika, and little cinnamon.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until soft from inside and a little crispy from the outside. Make sure to flip the sweet potatoes half-way through so they cook evenly on all sides. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Oriental Mezza: Lupini & Chickpeas
A typical Egyptian mezza platter that is healthy, nutritious and filling. This platter is so easy...
Quick Coconut Chicken Curry
The Coconut Chicken Curry is a favourite in our house and my quick go-to dish on busy days. It...
Onion & Soy Grilled Liver Fillets
This recipe will make you crave liver fillets more than meat and chicken. It makes liver tasty,...
Green Bulgur Salad
Inspired by the Lebanese Tabbouleh, this luscious Green Bulgur Salad is the perfect side dish. It’s fresh, colourful, and full of healthy ingredients. It is easily prepared for your everyday meal, as well as ideal for gatherings especially barbecues. The leftovers (if any) is also great for your lunchbox. The recipe uses 1.5 cup pre-cooked […]
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.