Roasted Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
By yasmine • August 14, 2015
When shrimp and avocados come together, the results are usually luscious, impressive and mostly delicious! We urge you to try this recipe before avocado season is gone – for a brunch gathering, a delicate appetiser to a seafood meal or just to share with a loved one.
- 2 cup shrimp (small sized - about 30 pieces) - جمبري
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 piece avocado (halved, deseeded & peeled) - أفوكادو
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- paprika (to taste) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 4 drop chili sauce (OR Tabasco - optional) - الصوص حار
- 1 tablespoon coriander (freshly chopped) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Marinate the shrimps in a mix of olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper for 15 minutes.
- Place the shrimps in a flat tray in the oven for 15min or until pink and cooked. Leave it out to cool.
- Squeeze some lime juice on the avocado, and drizzle some paprika and salt and pepper.
- Place 7 to 8 pieces of shrimp on each avocado half. Drizzle more lime, paprika and chill sauce if desired. Decorate with some chopped coriander leaves.
Date & Almond Qatayef
Date & Almond Qatayef marries two traditional Ramadani ingredients into a mouthful of...
Balsamic Dijon Roasted Steak
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe was an entry in the #TheMeatCompete. A super easy &...
Pesto Baked Mussels
This is one of my favorite dishes at one of those pot mussels restaurants. It is so simple yet...
Easy Vegetable Stir-Fry
If you are bored of daily vegetable dishes, this easy vegetable stir fry is what you are looking for. It is versatile and can be served next to main dishes from any cuisines (Egyptian, Italian, Indian). This is the basic recipe using only garlic, salt, pepper and a generous squeeze of lime juice to bind […]
Quick Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs
When you need a quick and delicious vegetable dish, the Spinach with Tomatoes & Herbs hits the mark. Most ingredients are home staples and easy to prepare. It is also super nutritious, filling and can easily be part of your healthy diet. The red onion can easily be swapped for yellow onion. The herbs are […]
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]