Roasted Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
By yasmine • August 14, 2015
When shrimp and avocados come together, the results are usually luscious, impressive and mostly delicious! We urge you to try this recipe before avocado season is gone – for a brunch gathering, a delicate appetiser to a seafood meal or just to share with a loved one.
- 2 cup shrimp (small sized - about 30 pieces) - جمبري
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 piece avocado (halved, deseeded & peeled) - أفوكادو
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- paprika (to taste) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 4 drop chili sauce (OR Tabasco - optional) - الصوص حار
- 1 tablespoon coriander (freshly chopped) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Marinate the shrimps in a mix of olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper for 15 minutes.
- Place the shrimps in a flat tray in the oven for 15min or until pink and cooked. Leave it out to cool.
- Squeeze some lime juice on the avocado, and drizzle some paprika and salt and pepper.
- Place 7 to 8 pieces of shrimp on each avocado half. Drizzle more lime, paprika and chill sauce if desired. Decorate with some chopped coriander leaves.
Grilled Veggies & Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Dressing
Nutrient-dense and antioxidant-rich delicious salad with a mix of grilled vegetables,...
Lemon & Butter Fish en Papillote
Simple fish dish that truly impresses with its little gift like look and deliciousness. Once you...
Fool-Proof One-Pot Molokheya
When it comes to Molokheya, everyone has a personal favourite. Some like it more garlicky, thicker...
Green Pea Salad with Mint & Feta
Using simple ingredients, you can create this special and good-for-you Green Pea Salad in no time. Fresh with the greens, fragrant with the mint and full of flavour, this salad makes a great vegetarian option on hot summer days. I love to serve it with grilled steak, the combination of flavours are irresistible. However you […]
Black-Eyed Peas Stew
Sometimes the simplest food is the most delicious. This Black-Eyed Peas Stew is a favourite family recipe to be served with white rice or vermicelli rice. I love to add red bell pepper to the traditional recipe because it gives the stew natural sweetness without the need to add sugar to the tomato sauce. A handful of […]
Indian Chicken with Spiced Yoghurt
Fragrant, moist and delicious, this Indian Spiced chicken dish will definitely impress. It is best served with Raita (spiced yoghurt) and Turmeric Basmati Rice. Garam Masala is an Indian Spice mix found in big supermarkets or at the عطار.
Cucumber and Chickpea Herb Salad
Hearty and delicious, this easy-to-put-together Cucumber & Chickpea Salad will be your new go-to salad for your family & friends. It is super healthy and works as a scrumptious side dish to your grilled protein when you are looking for a filling carb-like option.