Roasted Shrimp Stuffed Avocados
By yasmine • August 14, 2015
When shrimp and avocados come together, the results are usually luscious, impressive and mostly delicious! We urge you to try this recipe before avocado season is gone – for a brunch gathering, a delicate appetiser to a seafood meal or just to share with a loved one.
- 2 cup shrimp (small sized - about 30 pieces) - جمبري
- 2 tablespoon olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 2 piece avocado (halved, deseeded & peeled) - أفوكادو
- 2 lime - ليمون بلدي
- paprika (to taste) - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 4 drop chili sauce (OR Tabasco - optional) - الصوص حار
- 1 tablespoon coriander (freshly chopped) - كزبرة
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Marinate the shrimps in a mix of olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper for 15 minutes.
- Place the shrimps in a flat tray in the oven for 15min or until pink and cooked. Leave it out to cool.
- Squeeze some lime juice on the avocado, and drizzle some paprika and salt and pepper.
- Place 7 to 8 pieces of shrimp on each avocado half. Drizzle more lime, paprika and chill sauce if desired. Decorate with some chopped coriander leaves.
Chicken Salad Sandwich with Dried Cranberries
For a hassle-free morning, prepare this creamy chicken-salad sandwich filler one day in advance...
Egga is the classic Egyptian Egg Cake. It is baked in the oven until puffed and cooked through....
Blue Cheese & Walnut Sandwich
If you are a blue cheese lover, there's a high chance that this sandwich will become your new...
Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi
An Egyptian classic with a nutritious modern twist is the best way to describe Quinoa Mahshi Mesh Mahshi. It carries all the Mahshi Mesh Mahshi goodness, cooked with the gluten-free, high-protein, iron- & fiber-rich quinoa! The flavours in this wholesome dish are simply those of a typical Egyptian Mahshi pot with all its fragrant greens and colorful […]
Turmeric Coconut Lentil Soup
The flavors in this good-for-you Coconut Lentil Soup are simply phenomenal. With turmeric, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk, this is not your traditional lentil soup. It is creamy, sweet, fragrant, and above all super-nutritious. A must-try for the cold winter season.
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.