Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
By yasmine • May 27, 2017
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this chicken dish is creamy and filling served next to rice. You can also shred the finished chicken and serve it along with its creamy sauce over cooked pasta. Your family and friends will definitely enjoy this take on chicken fillets.
- 4 chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 large red peppers - فلفل أحمر
- 1 large onion (diced) - بصلة
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon olive oil (divided) - زيت زيتون
- 3/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 3/4 hot water - ماء ساخن
- generous salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Season chicken fillets with salt and pepper and let it marinate for a few minutes.
- Cut red peppers in half and clean out the inside. Smear it with 1 tablespoon olive oil and put it on oven tray skin-side up. Place it in the oven for 15 minutes at 180C.
- In the meantime, drizzle olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Place chicken fillets in the pan and sear it for 5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry minced onions, and garlic for 5 minutes on medium heat. Peel and dice roasted red peppers and add them to onions and stir. Then add hot water, cooking cream and salt and pepper. Stir and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken and cover the pan to finish cooking. Serve it hot next to rice or shred the chicken for a pasta sauce.
Good-for-You Bulgur Koshary
This good-for-you koshary dish can easily beat your traditional one. Made from nutritious...
Fishcakes with Dijon-Mayo Capers Dipping Sauce
This is a perfect fish recipe for kids especially if they are not fish fans. They will definitely...
Shortcut Baked Apple Crumble
This is such a simple winter dessert, you will find yourself doing again and again. You don't even...
Zaatar & Lime Chicken with Roasted Onions
If you bought or were gifted Zaatar mix from Lebanon or Palestine, then this Zaatar & Lime Chicken dish is just what you need to savor this beautiful authentic herb mix along with a citrussy and tender juicy chicken. Aromatic, succulent and full of flavor, this recipe is straightforward and easy to execute. The addition […]
Steak Frites with Mustard Sauce
Steak Frites is a French comfort dish… Always a crowd pleaser, especially when elegantly served with creamy mustard sauce on the side. Absolutely delicious!!
Roasted Chicken with Garlic & Balsamic
The recipe for this Garlic & Balsamic Baked Chicken is effortless, yet the end result is juicy tender chicken, with wonderful flavours and aroma. Just marinate a couple of hours in advance, and bake one hour before serving! This chicken is definitely a great crowd pleaser.
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]