Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
By yasmine • May 27, 2017
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this chicken dish is creamy and filling served next to rice. You can also shred the finished chicken and serve it along with its creamy sauce over cooked pasta. Your family and friends will definitely enjoy this take on chicken fillets.
- 4 chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 large red peppers - فلفل أحمر
- 1 large onion (diced) - بصلة
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon olive oil (divided) - زيت زيتون
- 3/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 3/4 hot water - ماء ساخن
- generous salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Season chicken fillets with salt and pepper and let it marinate for a few minutes.
- Cut red peppers in half and clean out the inside. Smear it with 1 tablespoon olive oil and put it on oven tray skin-side up. Place it in the oven for 15 minutes at 180C.
- In the meantime, drizzle olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Place chicken fillets in the pan and sear it for 5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry minced onions, and garlic for 5 minutes on medium heat. Peel and dice roasted red peppers and add them to onions and stir. Then add hot water, cooking cream and salt and pepper. Stir and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken and cover the pan to finish cooking. Serve it hot next to rice or shred the chicken for a pasta sauce.
Sweet Potato in Coconut Cream
From 7 months. Although, allergic reactions to coconut are very rare (according to the Food...
Egyptian Soggok Shakshouka
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is a family favourite. We used to have it a lot in Ramadan...
Balsamic Dijon Roasted Steak
الوصفه بالعربي This recipe was an entry in the #TheMeatCompete. A super easy &...
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe to achieving it at home. It is a perfect home cooked meal to serve with white rice and a yummy Asian-style salad (check our selection). In this recipe we do not deep fry the beef strips, but it […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.
This Kebda Baladi recipe is by far the easiest recipe ever! It takes less than 20 minutes and you won’t even need to chop onions for this dish.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
A platter of Mexican Chicken Fajitas served with tortillas, guacamole and sour cream is always a fun & filling meal for everyone on a weekday, and a big hit for casual friends’ get-togethers. It is easily prepared in 30 minutes and does not require fancy ingredients. For best results, marinate the chicken overnight.