Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Fillets
By yasmine • May 27, 2017
This roasted red pepper chicken recipe is just so easy and so yum! Ready in less than 30 minutes, this chicken dish is creamy and filling served next to rice. You can also shred the finished chicken and serve it along with its creamy sauce over cooked pasta. Your family and friends will definitely enjoy this take on chicken fillets.
- 4 chicken breast fillet - صدور فيليه الدجاج
- 2 large red peppers - فلفل أحمر
- 1 large onion (diced) - بصلة
- 3 garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
- 3 tablespoon olive oil (divided) - زيت زيتون
- 3/4 cup cooking cream - كريم الطهي
- 3/4 hot water - ماء ساخن
- generous salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Season chicken fillets with salt and pepper and let it marinate for a few minutes.
- Cut red peppers in half and clean out the inside. Smear it with 1 tablespoon olive oil and put it on oven tray skin-side up. Place it in the oven for 15 minutes at 180C.
- In the meantime, drizzle olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Place chicken fillets in the pan and sear it for 5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, fry minced onions, and garlic for 5 minutes on medium heat. Peel and dice roasted red peppers and add them to onions and stir. Then add hot water, cooking cream and salt and pepper. Stir and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken and cover the pan to finish cooking. Serve it hot next to rice or shred the chicken for a pasta sauce.
Creamy Chicken Mushroom with Spinach & Corn
Creamy Chicken Mushroom is always a crowd pleaser and a hearty home-cooked dish. The spinach...
Kids Tomato Pasta Sauce with Secret Ingredients
Who said pasta cannot be healthy? With fresh ripe tomatoes, hidden onions, carrots, zucchini,...
Summer Watermelon Salad
This Summer Watermelon Salad is light and refreshing! This is definitely the perfect salad for hot...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Greek Chicken Souvlaki & Tzatziki
Chicken Souvlaki is the famous street food from Greece, where marinated chicken cubes are grilled on skewers and served with Tzatziki (yoghurt and cucumber dip) . Unlike our Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, made with chicken thighs, Souvlaki uses boneless chicken breasts. The marinade is also much simpler than the Middle Eastern Shish Tawook, yet zingy […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]