Roasted Herbed Quail with Potatoes
By Bassel K • November 13, 2015
Sometimes we need to have an outside of the box meal so I came up with this very easy recipe yet delicious. Hope you enjoy it 🙂
The butter on the skin gives the quails a nice brown color and crisp.
Recipe submitted by Bassel Kabbabe.
- 6 piece quail - سمان
- 3 potatoes (cubed) - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon butter (at room tempreture) - زبدة
- 1 bunch thyme (finely chopped) - زعتر
- 1 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 bunch rosemary (finely chopped) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 2 piece garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
Step by step
- Wash the quails well and clean it same as a chicken.
- Prepare the butter herb rub: In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with thyme, garlic, nutmeg, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to marinate the quail. Make sure to rub the bird under the skin and from the inside as well. Leave it to marinate for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to maximum temperature.
- Sprinkle the potato cubes with more rosemary, salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to mix very well.
- If the quails are small in size, insert 2-3 potato cubes inside each quail to help them sit comfortably in your roast dish.
- Brush the roasting pan or a stoneware rectangular casserole with the butter mix or just butter. Arrange the quails and the potato cubes in the roasting pan and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Leave the quails and potatoes to rest for 10 minutes before you arrange it on a serving plate and serve it warm.
This pudding is perfect for you and your family. Blueberries slow the growth of various cancers,...
Mongolian Beef Strips
The Mongolian Beef Strips dish is a favorite at any Chinese restaurant. This is a simplified recipe...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]