Roasted Herbed Quail with Potatoes
By Bassel K • November 13, 2015
Sometimes we need to have an outside of the box meal so I came up with this very easy recipe yet delicious. Hope you enjoy it 🙂
The butter on the skin gives the quails a nice brown color and crisp.
Recipe submitted by Bassel Kabbabe.
- 6 piece quail - سمان
- 3 potatoes (cubed) - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon butter (at room tempreture) - زبدة
- 1 bunch thyme (finely chopped) - زعتر
- 1 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 bunch rosemary (finely chopped) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 2 piece garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
Step by step
- Wash the quails well and clean it same as a chicken.
- Prepare the butter herb rub: In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with thyme, garlic, nutmeg, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to marinate the quail. Make sure to rub the bird under the skin and from the inside as well. Leave it to marinate for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to maximum temperature.
- Sprinkle the potato cubes with more rosemary, salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to mix very well.
- If the quails are small in size, insert 2-3 potato cubes inside each quail to help them sit comfortably in your roast dish.
- Brush the roasting pan or a stoneware rectangular casserole with the butter mix or just butter. Arrange the quails and the potato cubes in the roasting pan and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Leave the quails and potatoes to rest for 10 minutes before you arrange it on a serving plate and serve it warm.
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner...
Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Bake
From 9 months. This is a perfect broccoli - cauliflower mix recipe to introduce your baby to...
Spring Vegetable Frittata
When you are bored of the daily cooking, Frittata is the answer. It is an Italian omelette that is...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]