Roasted Herbed Quail with Potatoes
By Bassel K • November 13, 2015
Sometimes we need to have an outside of the box meal so I came up with this very easy recipe yet delicious. Hope you enjoy it 🙂
The butter on the skin gives the quails a nice brown color and crisp.
Recipe submitted by Bassel Kabbabe.
- 6 piece quail - سمان
- 3 potatoes (cubed) - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon butter (at room tempreture) - زبدة
- 1 bunch thyme (finely chopped) - زعتر
- 1 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 bunch rosemary (finely chopped) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 2 piece garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
Step by step
- Wash the quails well and clean it same as a chicken.
- Prepare the butter herb rub: In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with thyme, garlic, nutmeg, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to marinate the quail. Make sure to rub the bird under the skin and from the inside as well. Leave it to marinate for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to maximum temperature.
- Sprinkle the potato cubes with more rosemary, salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to mix very well.
- If the quails are small in size, insert 2-3 potato cubes inside each quail to help them sit comfortably in your roast dish.
- Brush the roasting pan or a stoneware rectangular casserole with the butter mix or just butter. Arrange the quails and the potato cubes in the roasting pan and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Leave the quails and potatoes to rest for 10 minutes before you arrange it on a serving plate and serve it warm.
Make-Ahead Chicken Shawerma & Tahini Sandwich Fillers
The children will be super excited about this yummy Shawerma & Tahini sandwich at school. Just...
Hearty Homemade Om Ali
الوصفة بالعربي Om Ali is a lovely old oriental dessert - here it is made...
Chicken Waldorf salad
This no-mayo Chicken Waldorf Salad is light, delicious and so refreshing... It is also the perfect...
Chicken Liver with Spinach & Chickpeas
This Chicken Liver with Spinach is a one pot main dish prepared in less than 45 minutes yet so good and hearty. It is the sort of dish that brings the family together over a nutritious meal and leaves everyone feeling great after. At CairoCooking, we are all about one pot, easy, nutritious and oh […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]