Roasted Herbed Quail with Potatoes
By Bassel K • November 13, 2015
Sometimes we need to have an outside of the box meal so I came up with this very easy recipe yet delicious. Hope you enjoy it 🙂
The butter on the skin gives the quails a nice brown color and crisp.
Recipe submitted by Bassel Kabbabe.
- 6 piece quail - سمان
- 3 potatoes (cubed) - بطاطس
- 3 tablespoon butter (at room tempreture) - زبدة
- 1 bunch thyme (finely chopped) - زعتر
- 1 teaspoon paprika - بابريكا / فلفل أحمر
- 1 pinch salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
- 1 pinch nutmeg - جوزة الطيب
- 1 bunch rosemary (finely chopped) - روزماري/ إكليل الجبل
- 2 piece garlic clove (minced) - فص ثوم
Step by step
- Wash the quails well and clean it same as a chicken.
- Prepare the butter herb rub: In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with thyme, garlic, nutmeg, paprika and salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to marinate the quail. Make sure to rub the bird under the skin and from the inside as well. Leave it to marinate for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to maximum temperature.
- Sprinkle the potato cubes with more rosemary, salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to mix very well.
- If the quails are small in size, insert 2-3 potato cubes inside each quail to help them sit comfortably in your roast dish.
- Brush the roasting pan or a stoneware rectangular casserole with the butter mix or just butter. Arrange the quails and the potato cubes in the roasting pan and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Leave the quails and potatoes to rest for 10 minutes before you arrange it on a serving plate and serve it warm.
No-Bake Mac & Cheese
This is a quick and easy No-Bake Mac & Cheese that my kids love and ask for, especially during...
Oriental Mezza: Lupini & Chickpeas
A typical Egyptian mezza platter that is healthy, nutritious and filling. This platter is so easy...
A sweet and juicy bread base is covered with a thick layer of creamy milk pudding, flavoured with...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Middle Eastern Open Minced Meat Pie
This Open Minced Beef Pie is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. Whether at brunch, or dinner parties, it is always a show-stopper and a huge crowd pleaser.