Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
By shahdan • January 27, 2019
If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!
- 1 medium cauliflower - قرنبيط
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper (or to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped to garnish) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and wash them with fresh water. Next, cover the cauliflower with boiling water from the kettle and let it simmer on a low heat for 3-4 minutes. (You need slightly softer cauliflower, yet still crunchy.)
- Drain, then wash the cauliflower with cold water. Pat it dry with kitchen tissue, before you move it to the baking tray or oven dish.
- Season the cauliflower with all the spices. Add a drizzle olive oil, then toss the cauliflower together. Arrange the florets on the tray and bake it in a 200C pre-heated oven for 20- 30 minutes or until golden and crispy from outside.
- Genereously squeeze lime juice over the cauliflower. Garnish with fresh parsely and serve.
Lovely Lentils Simplified
From 9 months. The infamous Annabella Karmel came up with a toddler lentils recipe that is very...
Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad
This Apple & Dill Mixed Vegetable Salad is delicious, fun and easy to prepare in advance. With...
Rich Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
This rich & silky Tomato Pasta Sauce will be your new favorite pasta sauce. It is not just...
Classic Egyptian Kahk
This is the recipe for the classic Egyptian Kahk that I bake every Eid Fitr with my children to keep the festive traditions in the family. The recipe is quite easy and hassle-free, but most importantly, it makes our favourite homemade Kahk which we find tastier and much more special than any other store-bought alternative. The […]
Traditional Rice Me’ammar is always a great crowd pleaser on the table. It is creamy, delicious and definitely an easy dish to prepare. The most challenging part however is the oven baking which might require your full attention, especially if you are baking this dish for the first time and still getting to know your […]
Egyptian Fatta with Beef Cubes
This is the Traditional Egyptian Fatta we grew up smelling and eating in our homes on feast days and on special occasions. The aroma in the house while cooking this dish brings back beautiful family memories. Using beef cubes, I learned to cook this recipe easily for our family meals, not just for big gatherings. […]