Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
By shahdan • January 27, 2019
If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!
- 1 medium cauliflower - قرنبيط
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper (or to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped to garnish) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and wash them with fresh water. Next, cover the cauliflower with boiling water from the kettle and let it simmer on a low heat for 3-4 minutes. (You need slightly softer cauliflower, yet still crunchy.)
- Drain, then wash the cauliflower with cold water. Pat it dry with kitchen tissue, before you move it to the baking tray or oven dish.
- Season the cauliflower with all the spices. Add a drizzle olive oil, then toss the cauliflower together. Arrange the florets on the tray and bake it in a 200C pre-heated oven for 20- 30 minutes or until golden and crispy from outside.
- Genereously squeeze lime juice over the cauliflower. Garnish with fresh parsely and serve.
Everyday Mushroom Risotto
I used to get scared of risotto until I found my sister cooks it as a last minute dish when she was...
Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake
Easy & quick Chocolate Mug Cake to satisfy your chocolate craving. Recipe uploaded by Noha...
The Greenest Falafel Dough (Ta3meyya)
It's time to give home-made ta3meyya dough a chance! Why buy it when the home-made one is...
Beef Shawerma in 30 Minutes
Yes wherever you are, you can have delicious Egyptian-style Beef Shawarma in 30 minutes only and the secret ingredient is minced beef. It cooks super quickly and it is seasoned in the same pan while cooking. The result is mouthwatering tender beef shawarma ready for juicy Egyptian street-style sandwiches. In gatherings, we like to serve […]
Oven-Baked Breaded Kofta (Kofta Panee)
This is a new “improved” recipe for everyone’s favourite kofta panee! It is oven-baked to perfection, and most importantly, it stays nice and moist even when eaten cold. Breaded Kofta is great for play dates (with rice & molokheyya, or with pasta). It is ideal for lunchbox sandwiches, and makes a great crowd-pleaser when served nicely with […]
Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble
This Strawberry & Cream with Assaleya Crumble is the perfect dessert for a large gathering. It easily pleases the crowd… who wouldn’t appreciate fresh cream and strawberries with a sweet crunch like no other? My team and I came up with it for our Makar Farm Pop Up Lunch featuring Lebanese – Egyptian inspired dishes. […]
The Egyptian keshk is such a hearty and comforting Egyptian home-cooked dish. The fried caramelized onions bring the whole dish together. Serve it with simple cooked chicken and white rice, and enjoy every creamy mouthful of this classic Egyptian meal. I tested several home-cooked Egyptian Keshk recipes until I finally reached the perfect one! But the secret to a great Keshk dish […]