Egyptian Roasted Cauliflower
By shahdan • January 27, 2019
If you love the traditional Egyptian fried cauliflower, you will fall in love with this roasted version. Same taste, only healthier!
- 1 medium cauliflower - قرنبيط
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander - كسبرة ناشفة
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste) - ملح
- 1 pinch black pepper (or to taste) - فلفل أسود
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder - بودرة ثوم
- 1 drizzle olive oil - زيت زيتون
- 2 medium lime - ليمون بلدي
- 2 tablespoon parsley (chopped to garnish) - بقدونس
Step by step
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and wash them with fresh water. Next, cover the cauliflower with boiling water from the kettle and let it simmer on a low heat for 3-4 minutes. (You need slightly softer cauliflower, yet still crunchy.)
- Drain, then wash the cauliflower with cold water. Pat it dry with kitchen tissue, before you move it to the baking tray or oven dish.
- Season the cauliflower with all the spices. Add a drizzle olive oil, then toss the cauliflower together. Arrange the florets on the tray and bake it in a 200C pre-heated oven for 20- 30 minutes or until golden and crispy from outside.
- Genereously squeeze lime juice over the cauliflower. Garnish with fresh parsely and serve.
Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE...
Baby Spinach & Mozzarella Salad
Great for entertaining, this salad was created when I decided we need to eat these two beautiful...
If you find yourself cooking rice daily, you may want to try cooking freekeh instead. It is...
Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) with Prunes
Traditional Kabab Halla (Beef Stew) will always be the ultimate comfort food in our Egyptian homes. It is a delicious meal for the everyday, and always a crowd pleaser in big events. I especially love to include it in my large gathering menus because it is the perfect make-ahead dish. It allows me to focus […]
Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts
The Spiced Freekeh with Minced Beef & Nuts is a very special dish that is both super heathy AND totally satisfies our rich Middle Eastern food taste. With very similar flavours, colours & textures to traditional ‘Rice with Khalta’, this freekeh is nutritious, cooked with one tablespoon of olive oil only, and does not need […]
Light Chicken Fatta
This Chicken Fatta is a great crowd pleaser, much lighter than regular Fatta recipes, and super easy to cook. All you need is a pre-cooked boiled chicken and broth. Check out our recipe for the Most Aromatic Chicken Stock. This recipe is also useful in Ramadan, since you are often left with cooked chicken from all […]
Guiltless Eggplant & Minced Beef Fatta
This is everyone’s favorite Eggplant Fatta with yoghurt, only lighter than the traditional recipes and guilt-free. Easy to prepare and the flavours are simply divine. It is a great crowd pleaser in family dinners and especially in Ramadan over Iftar. You will need to double the quantity for a bigger gathering. This Fatta is a […]