Roasted Beets & Carrot Soup
By Sherine Fahmy • August 4, 2015
Tested by Cairo Cooking
We cooked this soup using red beetroot since this is what's available in the local market. Delightfully, this soup is filling for those following a clean eating detox or vegetarian routine. The combination of the cinnamon and beetroot add sweetness to the taste helping you avoid cravings during your detox. We added an extra cup of stock cause we felt, it is a bit too thick using only 4 cups.
In season, summer root vegetables marry well together, creating a light yet fulfilling soup.
I used golden beets in my recipe but it can be substituted for regular red beetroot. Your soup will be a delightfully pink color that you can surprise your guests with. Any of your favorite greens can be added on top for garnish. For example, arugula, spinach, you can even sauté the greens from the beets and add those on top.
- 2 cup beetroot (cut in cubes) - بنجر
- 3 large carrots (cut in cubes) - جزر
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil (melted) - زيت جوز الهند
- 4 cup chicken broth/stock - مرقة دجاج
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin - كمون
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder - قرفة
- 1 handful arugula (OR baby spinach, thinly sliced for garnish) - جرجير
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line an oven pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add root vegetables, coconut oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Spread on pan, leaving enough room between the vegetables and place in the oven for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Once cooked through, transfer to a blender, and add cumin and cinnamon, as well as one ladle of chicken broth at a time while blending. Keep adding broth, until desired consistency.
- Serve in your favorite soup bowl, drizzle with some olive oil, finishing salt, and a dash of arugula for garnish. Enjoy!
The Ultimate Veteran Burger
الوصفة بالعربي A 200 gram beef burger patty between two special buns of only egg...
Baby Spinach & Mozzarella Salad
Great for entertaining, this salad was created when I decided we need to eat these two beautiful...
Everyday Mushroom Risotto
I used to get scared of risotto until I found my sister cooks it as a last minute dish when she was...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]