Roast Beef On The Stove
By yasmine • May 15, 2015
There are several ways to do a roast beef – some people prefer putting it in the oven while others fry it in a pan, and then maybe place it in the oven or boil it in stock. Whatever your way, you need to make sure it is tied well with cooking rope (or have your butcher do it for you), and keep it in the fridge after you cook it for a day. If you dread cutting it yourself (as I do!), you can take it to the supermarket cold cuts and cheese section and have them cut it on their slider for you.
This is a great meat to keep in the fridge for days and use it for sandwiches, the kids lunchbox or just eat it lightly with a good Dijon.
- Approx. 700 gram beef fillet (1 piece) - فيليه كندوز
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (for pan frying) - زيت زيتون
- 1 tablespoon black pepper - فلفل أسود
- 2-3 garlic cloves (minced) - فصوص ثوم
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional) - جوزة الطيب
- 2 bay leaves - ورق لاورا
- 1 onion (cut in quarters) - بصلة
- 2 stem celery (and any greens like parsley, basil, rosemary, oregano) - كرفس افرنجي
- 2 piece cardamom - حبهان
- 1 teaspoon salt - ملح
Step by step
- Make sure your meat piece is at room temperature before you start cooking it. That way you make sure the whole piece is cooked evenly.
- Mix pepper with nutmeg and minced garlic then rub the meat with it from all sides.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil and fry the beef on all sides for about 10 minutes or until all sides have a darker brown colour.
- On medium heat, fill a large pot with 1.5 to 2 litres lukewarm water (as much as needed to cover the beef), add bay leaf, cardamom, onions, salt and greens. Once it boils, put the heat on low to simmer and add the beef.
- Leave it to simmer for 30-45 minutes depending on the thickness of your beef log.
- When it is done, leave it in room temperature to cool down before you pack it in shrink sleeve and put in the fridge overnight. That way you will be able to cut through it easier and without crumbs.
Spicy Avocado Cucumber Soup
The avocado cucumber soup can be garnished with shrimps on top and enjoyed spicy. Super delicious,...
Entertaining Labna with Debs
الوصفة بالعربي This 2-ingredient appetizer is by far the easiest finger food you can...
No-Bake Cheesy Spinach Bechamel
This Cheesy Spinach Bechamel recipe is fast, easy and perfect for everyday when you don’t have...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]