Raw Chocolate Whoopies with Banana Coconut Filling
By yasmine • October 30, 2016
It’s nice to find a kids chocolate recipe that is sugar-free and that they would enjoy. These chocolate whoopies filled with creamy bananas and coconut are also perfect for trick or treating, if you’re fed up with all the sugary sweets.
- 2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened & raw) - بودرة كاكاو
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1 cup molasses (preferably raw) - عسل أسود
- 2 pack yoghurt (about 200g) - زبادي
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes - رقائق جوز الهند
- 2 bananas - موز
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (for brushing - OR olive oil) - زيت جوز الهند
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mash bananas then mix with yoghurt and coconut and set aside in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with parchment paper and brush it with some coconut or olive oil.
- Using a spatula or spoon, mix cocoa with flour and molasses. As the dough gets a bit wet but not fully incorporated, use your hands to knead it until it becomes like a cookie dough.
- Using your hands, creat chocolate balls and place them on the tray and press down into a thick circle. Repeat, leaving space between each cookie.
- Place it in the oven for about 8 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the oven tray.
- Using a teaspoon, put some banana coconut cream mix on one cookie bottom and sandwich the cream with another cookie bottom. Serve immediately or place it in the fridge until use. Can stay up to 3 days in the fridge.
Crunchy Tuna & Capers Salad
With lots of greens, the tuna and capers salad is so simple yet delicious due to its sweet and...
Salmon Ravioli en Papillotes
This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with Easy-Pan.com. Hassle-free and...
If cooking rice is something you think you cannot do, you haven't tried cooking basmati...
Orzo & Vegetables Salad
This Orzo Salad is super simple yet delicious and filling. It is perfect for the lunchbox (with or without cooked chicken pieces) as well as a perfect side dish. This basic vegetable combination is very tasty and will be appreciated by most children. Having said that, you can also always add with other ingredients to […]
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]