Raw Chocolate Whoopies with Banana Coconut Filling
By yasmine • October 30, 2016
It’s nice to find a kids chocolate recipe that is sugar-free and that they would enjoy. These chocolate whoopies filled with creamy bananas and coconut are also perfect for trick or treating, if you’re fed up with all the sugary sweets.
- 2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened & raw) - بودرة كاكاو
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1 cup molasses (preferably raw) - عسل أسود
- 2 pack yoghurt (about 200g) - زبادي
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes - رقائق جوز الهند
- 2 bananas - موز
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (for brushing - OR olive oil) - زيت جوز الهند
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mash bananas then mix with yoghurt and coconut and set aside in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with parchment paper and brush it with some coconut or olive oil.
- Using a spatula or spoon, mix cocoa with flour and molasses. As the dough gets a bit wet but not fully incorporated, use your hands to knead it until it becomes like a cookie dough.
- Using your hands, creat chocolate balls and place them on the tray and press down into a thick circle. Repeat, leaving space between each cookie.
- Place it in the oven for about 8 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the oven tray.
- Using a teaspoon, put some banana coconut cream mix on one cookie bottom and sandwich the cream with another cookie bottom. Serve immediately or place it in the fridge until use. Can stay up to 3 days in the fridge.
Delicious Tiramisu Siciliano
While living in Europe, one of my best friends was the amazing Elisa from Sicily! I used to LOVE...
Soy & Ginger Bulgur Salad
The soy & ginger bulgur is an exotic and tasty salad on its own, as well as a great side dish...
Gluten-Free Green Goodness Chicken Sandwich
Pile this delicous creamy gluten-free chicken sandwich with all your favorite chemical-free greens,...
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Classic Cheese & Cucumber Sandwich with a Twist
The simple idea of thinly grating cucumber into paper-thin slices (using a basic kitchen grater) can transform the classic Cheese &Cucumber Sandwich into something much more exciting!
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.