Raw Chocolate Whoopies with Banana Coconut Filling
By yasmine • October 30, 2016
It’s nice to find a kids chocolate recipe that is sugar-free and that they would enjoy. These chocolate whoopies filled with creamy bananas and coconut are also perfect for trick or treating, if you’re fed up with all the sugary sweets.
- 2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened & raw) - بودرة كاكاو
- 1 cup whole wheat flour - دقيق القمح الكامل
- 1 cup molasses (preferably raw) - عسل أسود
- 2 pack yoghurt (about 200g) - زبادي
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes - رقائق جوز الهند
- 2 bananas - موز
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (for brushing - OR olive oil) - زيت جوز الهند
Step by step
- In a small bowl, mash bananas then mix with yoghurt and coconut and set aside in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with parchment paper and brush it with some coconut or olive oil.
- Using a spatula or spoon, mix cocoa with flour and molasses. As the dough gets a bit wet but not fully incorporated, use your hands to knead it until it becomes like a cookie dough.
- Using your hands, creat chocolate balls and place them on the tray and press down into a thick circle. Repeat, leaving space between each cookie.
- Place it in the oven for about 8 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the oven tray.
- Using a teaspoon, put some banana coconut cream mix on one cookie bottom and sandwich the cream with another cookie bottom. Serve immediately or place it in the fridge until use. Can stay up to 3 days in the fridge.
Sweet Potato & Marshmallow Casserole
الوصفه بالعربي Delicious homemade combo of sweet potato, crumble and roasted...
This Coconut Ashoura is pure happiness in a bowl. It is deliciously creamy, super nutritious, and...
The Charlotte Cake
An easy no-bake cake layered with biscuits and fruits! Recipe by Mai...
Vegan Spice Cookies with Candied Ginger
These cookies are absolutely brilliant and not just for vegans but for anyone really. It’s crispy on the outside with a cracked top and extra chewy and soft in the inside. Once you try it it’s going to be a staple at your house. This recipe is adapted from Ovenly’s Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe […]
Veggie-Filled Chicken Burger
A hit with kids and adults alike, these Veggie-Filled Chicken Burgers are so delicious you wouldnt think they’re healthy too!
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce
This Zucchini Noodles recipe is amazing for kids as it gives them the feel of eating noodles not zucchini! It can also be a big hit in a small gathering. I personally love it because it is healthy and incredibly easy to prepare .
No-Bake Mac & Cheese
This is a quick and easy No-Bake Mac & Cheese that my kids love and ask for, especially during the winter season. It is not the lightest meal, but it is hearty and delicious. The cheese sauce is made out of a relatively thinner béchamel sauce where the cheese thickens the consistency making it just […]