By shahdan • July 1, 2015
Easy, quick, and super nutritious! Re-invent the classic taboula with today’s super seed: quinoa!
- 1/2 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1 cup water - ماء
- 1 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 3 cucumber - خيار
- 2 tomato - طماطم
- 1 small red onion (or 2 spring onions) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 handful mint - نعناع
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Wash the quinoa, then bring to the boil uncovered with one cup of water. When it boils, lower the heat to a minimum, cover and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes. It is done when the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Leave to cool then fluff it with a fork.
- To prepare the salad, finely chop your greens, then slice the onions, tomatoes and cucumber into tiny cubes. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, mix the dressing ingredients: olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, dried mint, and crushed garlic clove.
- Stir in the finely chopped vegetables and give it a quick stir, then add the cooled quinoa. Use a fork to fluff the quinoa with the salad. Garnish with fresh mint and serve.
Not your traditional Fatta dish, this Chicken Shawerma Fatta will definitely impress the crowd,...
Sweet & Sour Chicken with Jasmine Rice
الوصفة بالعربي This recipe is an entry to #MyBestDish cooking competition with...
Soy & Ginger Chicken Stir-Fry
الوصفة بالعربي This luscious chicken stir-fry dish is easy, delicious and packed with...
Brown and crispy from the outside, super juicy from the inside and covered in layers of melted cheese & mouthwatering burger sauce, this is the recipe for the perfect Smashed Burgers that anyone can prepare and devour at home.
Blackeyed Peas Salad with Parsley Dressing
This Blackeyed Peas Salad is prepared using very simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a colourful and super nutritious dish. The salad dressing is blended with fresh green parsley to turn a basic sauce into a luscious creamy and full of flavour addition to your salad.
Greek Eggplant Dakos Salad
The authentic Greek Dakos salad is all about a delicious mix of tomatoes, feta cheese and olives served on Cretan rusk bread. We are so glad to share it with you since it is one of our favorites whenever we visit this beautiful country. In our Dakos version, we decided to replace the bread with […]
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]