By shahdan • July 1, 2015
Easy, quick, and super nutritious! Re-invent the classic taboula with today’s super seed: quinoa!
- 1/2 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1 cup water - ماء
- 1 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 3 cucumber - خيار
- 2 tomato - طماطم
- 1 small red onion (or 2 spring onions) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 handful mint - نعناع
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Wash the quinoa, then bring to the boil uncovered with one cup of water. When it boils, lower the heat to a minimum, cover and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes. It is done when the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Leave to cool then fluff it with a fork.
- To prepare the salad, finely chop your greens, then slice the onions, tomatoes and cucumber into tiny cubes. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, mix the dressing ingredients: olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, dried mint, and crushed garlic clove.
- Stir in the finely chopped vegetables and give it a quick stir, then add the cooled quinoa. Use a fork to fluff the quinoa with the salad. Garnish with fresh mint and serve.
This is the lentil recipe that all your friends will want! My mom learned it from a friend, and...
3-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Here is a healthy low calorie, gluten free breakfast recipe! A recipe by Maha...
Oregano & Sumac Chicken with Classic Freekeh
Oregano & sumac marinated chicken breast fillets are served on a bed of nutritious freekeh, and...
Lentil & Beetroot Salad
This simple lentils & beetroot salad is wholesome and filling during winter and summer. It’s a great for post-workout or late night snack. The lentils also hold themselves well for your lunchbox in case you’re on the go.
Oat & Fruit Pancakes
Perfect for the lunchbox with added fruits, as finger food for little kids on the go, or at home with a drizzle of pure honey, these Oat Pancakes are simply delicious and so easy to prepare a night in advance!
Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap
Crunchy and colourful, the Fresh Veggies & Cream Cheese Wrap will definitely impress your kids and add a new dimension to their every day lunchbox. Using only basic fresh ingredients from your fridge, this wrap will ensure your kids are eating their veggies in the most exciting ways. Also, try cutting your wrap into bite-size sushi-like rolls […]
Labna & Black Olives Sandwich Filler
This recipe is ideal for black olive lovers. It is perfect for the lunchbox, and it also makes a great dip for friendly gatherings. Fresh mint gives this classic sandwich filler a new delicious dimension. You can replace labna with any cream cheese you like. In all cases, make sure to use good quality Kalamata olives.