By shahdan • July 1, 2015
Easy, quick, and super nutritious! Re-invent the classic taboula with today’s super seed: quinoa!
- 1/2 cup quinoa - كينوا
- 1 cup water - ماء
- 1 bunch parsley - بقدونس
- 3 cucumber - خيار
- 2 tomato - طماطم
- 1 small red onion (or 2 spring onions) - بصلة حمراء
- 1 handful mint - نعناع
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil - زيت الزيتون بكر
- 3 lime - ليمون بلدي
- 1 teaspoon dried mint - نعناع مجفف/ ناشف
- 1 garlic clove (crushed) - فص ثوم
- salt and pepper - ملح و فلفل
Step by step
- Wash the quinoa, then bring to the boil uncovered with one cup of water. When it boils, lower the heat to a minimum, cover and leave to simmer for 10-15 minutes. It is done when the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Leave to cool then fluff it with a fork.
- To prepare the salad, finely chop your greens, then slice the onions, tomatoes and cucumber into tiny cubes. Set aside.
- In a salad bowl, mix the dressing ingredients: olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, dried mint, and crushed garlic clove.
- Stir in the finely chopped vegetables and give it a quick stir, then add the cooled quinoa. Use a fork to fluff the quinoa with the salad. Garnish with fresh mint and serve.
Beram Freekeh & Meat Cubes
الوصفه بالعربي This dish is traditionally done with so-called rice pasta (Lessan...
Clear Zucchini Chicken Soup
الوصفة بالعربي A fresh yet hearty soup is like a warm hug! Especially when it is not...
Banana & Coconut Bread
This bread is beyond scrumptious and moist with a divine smell. This is probably the most...
Some recipes are good to know by heart, like this Classic Crepe. It comes in handy in the weekends and school holidays when you want to prepare a fun breakfast for the family. Fillings are a personal choice and the options are endless. For sweet crepe, these can be served with sugar, jam, Nutella, or […]
Greek Salad is easy to prepare, and full of delicious flavours. It is a perfect salad option in the summer when the weather is too hot for good quality fresh lettuce. Serve it with Greek Chicken Souvlaki & flat bread to enjoy a full authentic Greek meal.
Date & Banana Oat Porridge
Date & Banana Oat Porridge makes the perfect nutritious and filling breakfast in a bowl. It is also a great sohour idea in Ramadan. In this recipe, old fashioned oats (not quick or instant oats), are cooked in water until a thick porridge consistency is reached. Then a splash of dairy or non-dairy milk is […]
Traditional Fattoush Salad
Fresh and full of colourful & nutritious ingredients, a traditional Fattoush Salad is a feast of Middle Eastern flavours. The unique garlic & sumac dressing poured over fresh salad ingredients and topped with seasoned crispy bread makes this salad truly irresistible. You can add some of your favorite ingredients to this classic edition such as […]